US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

Sure enough, rumors and speculation are being cited as fact, such as the soldier being a deserter. Some anonymous person starts a rumor years ago, and now it grows legs with people who are less interested in the truth than they are in perpetuating any conjectures which could stain the political opposition.
Shut up, read and stop making a fool of yourself:

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero - CNN.com

You are the fool.

There have been many conflicting accounts of his disappearance. The offical Pentagon story was that he had been lured from his post by some Afghan army regulars and then captured by the Taliban.

Was Bergdahl ever officially declared a deserter by the Army?

Nope.

Again, all speculation.

I wait for facts before claiming to know them.

Last edited:
I'd rather have our traitor on OUR soil in OUR jail than I had have him spilling military intel to the Taliban on THEIR soil ..

we can always send drones after those turds we swapped and erase them at a later date
I'm sure he's already given them all the information he had. That makes him a hero to the left and worthy of their praise.

There have been many conflicting accounts of his disappearance. The offical Pentagon story was that he had been lured off base by some Afghan regulars and then captured by the Taliban.

Nope.

Again, all speculation.

"Lured off base"? Have you even been in? You don't get lured off base.

There have been many conflicting accounts of his disappearance. The offical Pentagon story was that he had been lured off base by some Afghan regulars and then captured by the Taliban.

Nope.

Again, all speculation.

I served for 20 years.

Bergdahl was lured from his post in eastern Afghanistan by several Afghan National Army soldiers on June 30th, 2009, and then taken by Taliban fighters in a nearby village, according to a senior Pentagon official.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/bowe-...an-captured-soldiers-return/story?id=13547561

Nope.

Again, all speculation.

I served for 20 years.

Bergdahl was lured from his post in eastern Afghanistan by several Afghan National Army soldiers on June 30th, 2009, and then taken by Taliban fighters in a nearby village, according to a senior Pentagon official.

- ? The Bowe Bergdahl POW Videos « Sgt Bowe Bergdahl - America is Waiting for You
You served 20 years and you think you can get "lured off base", especially while on guard duty in a combat zone?!:cuckoo:

Nope.

Again, all speculation.

I served for 20 years.

Bowe Bergdahl's Father Asks Taliban for Captured Soldier's Return - ABC News
Then you know it's a bullshit cover story and not exactly unheard of. No one would have ever lured me off base even in friendly surroundings.

The moment it was learned that this was approved by the president, this guy became a traitor. It is failure to think on a monumental scale. There are USMB nutters calling for his execution.

I can't help but wonder why conservatives are so stupid.

For example, I would imagine that Bergdahl will be worth a fount of military intelligence, especially since he speaks the language and had undoubtedly overheard a lot of conversations in the last five years. Just the wealth in names, dates, and places would be inestimable.

Furthermore, I have a sneaking suspicion that our gov't is going to track the movements of the released Gitmo detainees in ways that no other gov't can do. We'll find out where they go and who they meet with. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a predator drone eventually locates them in some kind of terrorist reunion with Taliban types we previously didn't know about.

But you know what? Conservatives simply can't conceive of such things because they're always viewing events through the same prism of antiObamaism. No matter what happens, their response to events is always the same.

It's the same blind mantra that makes them think that any economic problem can be addressed by tax cuts; it's simplistic and wholly unsophisticated. Conservatives simply do not recognize complexity or nuance. They approach issues like children in the sense that they're always overreacting emotionally, and that they don't see let alone even understand the larger picture.

Simply put, these simpletons aren't the kind of people who should govern; they're just not smart enough.

This is what he thought of the Army and the US.

Bergdahl’s dream was to help Afghan villagers rebuild their lives and learn to defend themselves, his dad told the magazine.

“The whole ‘COIN’ thing,” Bob explained, referring to America’s strategy of counter-insurgency. “We were given a fictitious picture, an artificially created picture of what we were doing in *Afghanistan,” the dad said.

Bowe Bergdahl would detail his disillusionment with the Afghanistan campaign in an email to his parents three days before he went missing.

“I am sorry for everything here,” he wrote. “These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid.”

Bergdahl also complained about fellow soldiers. The battalion commander was a “conceited old fool,” he said, and the only “decent” sergeants, planning to leave the platoon “as soon as they can,” told the privates — Bergdahl then among them — “to do the same.”

“I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools,” he concluded. “I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting.”

I seriously doubt that this jerk will offer anything to hurt the Taliban.

I was in the Army, and I can tell you that it was common for the rank and file soldiers to have a jaded opinion of command decisions and the rationale for doing anything. Too often decisions were made by people who were completely separated from events, and that led to disasters. Vietnam is a case in point. Iraq is another. Very often, American commanders and military strategists don't understand the culture and hence the people who live there. Is there any reason to think Afghanistan was or is any different?

At any rate, the pictures of Bergdahl would indicate that he was poorly treated. Whether he suffers from Stockholm Syndrome or not, I could't say. But it sounds to me like Bowe differentiated between the populace and the Taliban, and the Taliban is just the latest group of armed men in the form of tribal warlords to impose their will on the local population in order to keep and maintain power. My guess is that Bergdahl's sympathies are with the villagers who are just trying to survive under whatever group is currently running the show while trying not to run afoul of these groups who don't seem to need much in the way of provocation to rain down death and destruction on the local populace.

Last edited:
The moment it was learned that this was approved by the president, this guy became a traitor. It is failure to think on a monumental scale. There are USMB nutters calling for his execution.
Wait till the families of the 6 men killed trying to find him start talking. You ain't seen nothin' yet Sparky.

Wait till the families of the 6 men killed trying to find him start talking. You ain't seen nothin' yet Sparky.

Yes, by all means let us exploit the deaths of yet more Americans in the zealous partisan pursuit of secular power.

You are going to try to use those deaths to bang on the president? What a shocker.

Yes, by all means let us exploit the deaths of yet more Americans in the zealous partisan pursuit of secular power.
How about pursuit of the truth? Oh wait, libtards hate the truth, it proves them stupid every time. Stupid.

Amazing but not surprising. He does show signs of what is termed Stockholm Syndrome, as mentioned above, but we do not know his mental condition yet.

I can't help but wonder why conservatives are so stupid.

For example, I would imagine that Bergdahl will be worth a fount of military intelligence, especially since he speaks the language and had undoubtedly overheard a lot of conversations in the last five years. Just the wealth in names, dates, and places would be inestimable.

Furthermore, I have a sneaking suspicion that our gov't is going to track the movements of the released Gitmo detainees in ways that no other gov't can do. We'll find out where they go and who they meet with. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a predator drone eventually locates them in some kind of terrorist reunion with Taliban types we previously didn't know about.

But you know what? Conservatives simply can't conceive of such things because they're always viewing events through the same prism of antiObamaism. No matter what happens, their response to events is always the same.

It's the same blind mantra that makes them think that any economic problem can be addressed by tax cuts; it's simplistic and wholly unsophisticated. Conservatives simply do not recognize complexity or nuance. They approach issues like children in the sense that they're always overreacting emotionally, and that they don't see let alone even understand the larger picture.

Simply put, these simpletons aren't the kind of people who should govern; they're just not smart enough.

This is what he thought of the Army and the US.

Bergdahl’s dream was to help Afghan villagers rebuild their lives and learn to defend themselves, his dad told the magazine.

“The whole ‘COIN’ thing,” Bob explained, referring to America’s strategy of counter-insurgency. “We were given a fictitious picture, an artificially created picture of what we were doing in *Afghanistan,” the dad said.

Bowe Bergdahl would detail his disillusionment with the Afghanistan campaign in an email to his parents three days before he went missing.

“I am sorry for everything here,” he wrote. “These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid.”

Bergdahl also complained about fellow soldiers. The battalion commander was a “conceited old fool,” he said, and the only “decent” sergeants, planning to leave the platoon “as soon as they can,” told the privates — Bergdahl then among them — “to do the same.”

“I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools,” he concluded. “I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting.”

I seriously doubt that this jerk will offer anything to hurt the Taliban.

I was in the Army, and I can tell you that it was common for the rank and file soldiers to have a jaded opinion of command decisions and the rationale for doing anything. Too often decisions were made be people who were completely separated from events, and that led to disasters. Vietnam is a case in point. Iraq is another. Very often, American commanders and military strategists don't understand the culture and hence the people who live there. Is there any reason to think Afghanistan was or is any different?

At any rate, the pictures of Bergdahl would indicate that he was poorly treated. Whether he suffers from Stockholm Syndrome, I could't say. But it sounds to me like Bowe differentiated between the populace and the Taliban, and the Taliban is just the latest group of armed men in the form of tribal warlords to impose their will on the local population in order to keep and maintain power. My guess is that Bergdahl's sympathies are with the villagers who are just trying to survive under whatever group is currently running the show while not trying to run afoul of these groups who don't seem to need much in the way of provocation to rain down death and destruction on the local populace.

I might agree with you about command. However, he was there for a little over one month. Not years, or months. He said he was going to walk away BEFORE he even arrived in Afghanistan- "if it was lame". He made up stories to his parents and sent his uniforms and belonging home 2 weeks into the single month he was there.

The kid seemed introverted and a loner far before ever joining the military. His father said he was "psychologically isolated". He was 23 and never owned a car - by choice, he did not get his GED until he was 21 years old. He spent more time with the Afghans than he did his own unit before disappearing.

Bowe Bergdahl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd rather have our traitor on OUR soil in OUR jail than I had have him spilling military intel to the Taliban on THEIR soil ..

we can always send drones after those turds we swapped and erase them at a later date

-------------------------------------------

This forlorn defense tells me how badly Obama has bungled this thing...and of course, he had to break the law to do it.

-------------------------------------------

This forlorn defense tells me how badly Obama has bungled this thing...and of course, he had to break the law to do it.

Law? Wot law?

Remember, He IS The Law.

Don't believe me? Ask Him! Or, if He's away golfing, ask any of his certifiable acolytes.

Why the ?Devastated? Parents of Soldier Reportedly Killed Searching for Freed POW Bergdahl Are Alleging a ?Big Cover-Up Like Benghazi? | TheBlaze.com

Yep

Forum List

Back