US womens soccer star declines to join US womens national team over pandering to homosexuals

But things are changing for the better. To deny that there has been a problem is to be part of that problem.

You are such a nit-wit ... :thup:

What you posted has nothing to with how someone's sexual orientation makes them a better soccer player ...
And has everything to do with making someone's desires in regards to sexual orientation part of soccer.

Soccer doesn't need your bullshit.
If you want to make sexual orientation a soccer issue ...
Then you get what you are asking for when it blows up in your face.

This girl just should of kept her mouth shut , so she turned down her latest invite to play for in USWNT 6 months ago. Then in a recent interview she tells why, and now is being berated on social media, and at her regular job playing for the North Carolina Courage.

Being honest in todays world did this girl no favors.

But things are changing for the better. To deny that there has been a problem is to be part of that problem.

You are such a nit-wit ... :thup:

What you posted has nothing to with how someone's sexual orientation makes them a better soccer player ...
And has everything to do with making someone's desires in regards to sexual orientation part of soccer.

Soccer doesn't need your bullshit.
If you want to make sexual orientation a soccer issue ...
Then you get what you are asking for when it blows up in your face.

Why do you continually bring footballing ability into the conversation ? It is not part of the issue.

Its about welcoming people to the game, to play or watch. Why is that a problem for you ?
Why dont you want Gay folk to be a part of the football family ?

This girl just should of kept her mouth shut , so she turned down her latest invite to play for in USWNT 6 months ago. Then in a recent interview she tells why, and now is being berated on social media, and at her regular job playing for the North Carolina Courage.

Being honest in todays world did this girl no favors.
Bigotry is no longer acceptable. It doesnt sound lke she is surrounded by good people.

Why do you continually bring footballing ability into the conversation ? It is not part of the issue.

Its about welcoming people to the game, to play or watch. Why is that a problem for you ?

That's the point nit-wit ... Sexual orientation has nothing to do with playing soccer.
I am not for leaving anyone at home either ... Why would I be?

It's your problem, not mine ... Leave your insecurities at home when you come to the field ... :thup:

I am enlightened. I always felt that random attacks on gays and lesbians were horrible acts and should be punished to the max. I have a better understanding now. Those attacks are desirable and necesssry.

I am enlightened. I always felt that random attacks on gays and lesbians were horrible acts and should be punished to the max. I have a better understanding now. Those attacks are desirable and necesssry.

Don't go off the deep end against gays or lesbians because some idiots get their feathers ruffled when you call out their ridiculous bullshit.

It's not a necessity to embrace the militant LGBT movement, nor their desires to co-op anything and everything.
They are not about bringing people together ... :thup:

Don't go off the deep end against gays or lesbians because some idiots get their feathers ruffled when you call out their ridiculous bullshit.

It's not a necessity to embrace the militant LGBT movement, nor their desires to co-op anything and everything.
They are not about bringing people together ... :thup:

They are about enforcing their sexual preferences on everyone. Who would ever have thought soccer would have to include sex? Take them out behind the barn. Teach them a lesson.

You miss the point in spectacular style. They want to show that the game is open and inclusive. Everybody is welcome.

Obviously some are uncomfortable with this but you will never please everybody. The football associations have a responsibility to promote the game to everybody in their countries. Gays are under- represented in football because historically they have not been made welcome. Probably by primitives like yourself and the other characters on this thread.

Its a good thing Morally and ethically it is a good thing.

To the contrary ... The game is open and inclusive.

It is your discomfort that requires special treatment ... Not the game of soccer ... Deal with it.
Your garbage about who is or isn't underrepresented has nothing to do with whether or not someone is good at playing soccer ... Deal with it.
If your delusional enlightenment is subject to your misguided nonsense ... Then you can keep your nefarious garbage.

Soccer does not need you to be gay nor straight to play the game ... And we don't need your stupid tag-along bullshit ... :thup:

We are "dealing with it." You're insistence that prejudice be swept under the rug is appalling. A person who plays on the U.S. Team represents us all as a nation. The UK is united behind Team UK. It is England. As an American, I would not want want my country represented in international competition by anyone who cannot proudly represent all of our people on the international stage.

So I got a question would you rather her have taken the spot and then complained about the jersey or should she have taken it and just shut the hell up about her views?

Given those two choices, I'd go with the first, take the spot and then complained about the jersey. It would have provided her a platform to express her view, exactly as Kaepernick used his.

You miss the point in spectacular style. They want to show that the game is open and inclusive. Everybody is welcome.

Obviously some are uncomfortable with this but you will never please everybody. The football associations have a responsibility to promote the game to everybody in their countries. Gays are under- represented in football because historically they have not been made welcome. Probably by primitives like yourself and the other characters on this thread.

It is your discomfort that requires special treatment ... Not the game of soccer ... Deal with it.
Your garbage about who is or isn't underrepresented has nothing to do with whether or not someone is good at playing soccer ... Deal with it.
If your delusional enlightenment is subject to your misguided nonsense ... Then you can keep your nefarious garbage.

Soccer does not need you to be gay nor straight to play the game ... And we don't need your stupid tag-along bullshit ... :thup:

We are "dealing with it." You're insistence that prejudice be swept under the rug is appalling. A person who plays on the U.S. Team represents us all as a nation. The UK is united behind Team UK. It is England. As an American, I would not want want my country represented in international competition by anyone who cannot proudly represent all of our people on the international stage.
Actually we are all behind Wales and we also support whoever England are playing. As good neighbours we always want England to lose . There will never be a Team UK. But your point is corrrect. The team represents the whole nation and everybody should get behind them.

Having a homophobe in the team could be a problem for gay team members. It doesnt build team spirit.

This is the actual Welsh team celebrating Englands humiliation against Iceland. It was a great night.

Do you somehow think I am prejudice because I am not so insecure with myself ...
As to need someone else who may disagree with me ...
To run up and down a soccer field with a LGBT jersey on for me to feel included?

You are pathetic, and in no way represent me whether or not you are American ... :thup:

That's the point nit-wit ... Sexual orientation has nothing to do with playing soccer.
I am not for leaving anyone at home either ... Why would I be?

It's your problem, not mine ... Leave your insecurities at home when you come to the field ... :thup:

Nobody is this stupid.

So what happens if one of her teammates is gay?

How's that going to work?
She doesn't have to be proud of a teammates gayness. She is refusing to wear a gay pride jersey. She would be forced to advertise that she is proud of homosexuality when she clearly is not. Even as bad and as corrupt as our courts are, I doubt if they would demand someone take such a personal way of advertising an approval they don't have.

I can't envision black people demanding that white players wear a jersey that says proud to be black when they clearly aren't.

Okay, so, the right think that football players should be FORCED to stand for the national anthem, but don't think soccer players should be forced to wear the team jersey..... Is that about right?

The shirt doesn't say the player is proud to be gay. The shirt looks like this

ussoccer_pride.0.jpg

It has a rainbow on it. Oh, wow.

That's the colors of the shirt.
the "team" should not be picking out one "minority" over others.

where's the cross? where's an ankh? where's the fist in the air? hell, since we're now in total support mode, where's the swasitka?

if you're going to force people to wear this shirt then you are forcing your viewpoints upon them - and i know based on experience - you would not allow that. you would go ape-shit-batty if you were forced to wear something you didn't believe in and stage some protest to run people over in the streets in rage.
The rainbow flag includes everybody. So those examples you gave are already welcome.

You have to be as thick as shit not to support "football is for everyone".

the rainbow colors are specific to the gay community and "rainbow" pride. trying to claim it as "gay flag colors" *AND* universal in inclusion doesn't work.

jesus on the cross died for all of us - *ALL OF US* - so we can just put a crucifix on there and it will include everyone, including gays, ok?

Go back and take "Symbolism 101" again. How else would a symbol representing ALL of us be represented in a flag or some other insignia?
Your specific religion has absolutely nothing to do with this. There are some adherents to some religious doctrines who choose to pretty much drop out of American society, like the Amish. If you want to pursue such a lifestyle, what's stopping you?

Actually we are all behind Wales and we also support whoever England are playing. As good neighbours we always want England to lose . There will never be a Team UK. But your point is corrrect. The team represents the whole nation and everybody should get behind them.

Having a homophobe in the team could be a problem for gay team members. It doesnt build team spirit.

This is the actual Welsh team celebrating Englands humiliation against Iceland. It was a great night.

THANK YOU for your most informative comment. I just have been learning about football in the UK, courtesy of of a friend here who got me addicted to UK television and I went back and got Dream Team out of the YouTube bucket. In this series, Ryan Naysmith was always carted about to being a likely suspect to be selected to play for "England." It gave me the impression that players arose from all the separate territories of the UK and then formed one "England" team against the rest of the countries. In Dream Team, there were many references to Harchester going back to Cardiff. Across the pond, this is confusing. Later, I will figure out what the hell cricket is all about, as well as your "A-levels." Cheers!

Gays can start their own teams...
it makes more sense to a have 100% gay team.

Forum List

Back