USA Olympic uniforms have been outsourced to China......

The American Taxpayer bailed out GM. Now where do they have factories you might ask? Why Mexico and China. Have you ever once heard a libturd complain about that? That's what makes them the asswipes they are.

Volkswagon, Toyota and Hyundai have factories here. It comes with a global marketplace

The American Taxpayer bailed out GM. Now where do they have factories you might ask? Why Mexico and China. Have you ever once heard a libturd complain about that? That's what makes them the asswipes they are.

Volkswagon, Toyota and Hyundai have factories here. It comes with a global marketplace

Now you just love Outsourcing. How convenient. Gawd, you're so disingenuous. :lame2:

GE has had a love affair with China for many years. So it's no surprise the Dear Leader's 'Jobs Czar' Jeffrey Immelt would outsource the making of our Olympic uniforms.

Actually, it was an american designer named Ralph Lauren who decided to outsource the manufacture of the uniforms to their cheaper factory in China.

Try again idiot. I've got a hunch that Immelt has no idea of how it went down, but Ralph Lauren (the outsourcer) does.

And you have "Democracy" outsourced from Greece....

GE has had a love affair with China for many years. So it's no surprise the Dear Leader's 'Jobs Czar' Jeffrey Immelt would outsource the making of our Olympic uniforms.

Actually, it was an american designer named Ralph Lauren who decided to outsource the manufacture of the uniforms to their cheaper factory in China.

Try again idiot. I've got a hunch that Immelt has no idea of how it went down, but Ralph Lauren (the outsourcer) does.

Jeffrey Immelt is your Dear Leader's 'Jobs Czar'. I would think knowing about out where our Olympic Uniforms are made, is a pretty big deal no? Maybe him and the Dear Leader should drag their asses off the Golf Course and rip their heads out of their asses? What do ya think?

The Athletes shouldn't wear them. They should do the right thing and protest this miserable absurdity.

Seems that our own Olympic committee is following in the steps of all the other outsourcers of American jobs.

All our Olympic uniforms were made in China.

Does that sound right to you?

The controversy surrounding Team USA's Chinese-made uniforms for the opening ceremony raged on Thursday as Washington politicians jumped into the fashion fray. They criticized the U.S. Olympic Committee for approving the uniforms.

Senator Harry Reid said the USOC should be "ashamed" that the blue blazers, white pants and berets that American athletes will wear are manufactured in China. "They should take all the uniforms, put them in a big pile and burn them," Reid said.

Other lawmakers were also critical of the apparel designed by Ralph Lauren. "You'd think they'd know better," House Speaker John Boehner said of the USOC.

Added Senator Bernie Sander (I-Vt.): "The Olympics are a time when Americans take great pride in our nation's top athletes as they strive for gold. At a time when millions of Americans are unemployed, there is no reason why U.S. Olympic uniforms are not being manufactured in the U.S."

Lawmakers furious over China-made U.S. Olympic uniform

Romney did it when he was in charge of the 2002 Winter games, so it must be OK, right?

So what? Do US taxes go to fund Team USA? Any of our athlete get support from multinational companies not based in the US?

I did see a clip of a reporter examining the tags on a couple of athletes. Now I wish the athletes would have ask her to show where her clothes were made!

So what? Do US taxes go to fund Team USA? Any of our athlete get support from multinational companies not based in the US?

I did see a clip of a reporter examining the tags on a couple of athletes. Now I wish the athletes would have ask her to show where her clothes were made!

It's a National Disgrace. You shouldn't be defending it.

Well, now the Romney fans will have to back off. After all, Romney is sporting his management skills while handling the USOC during that time as a reason to vote for him. Between outsourcing while head of the USOC, and again while at Bain.....this could get ugly.

And the president gave taxpayer dollars to create jobs in other nations over the stimulus and loans. SO there is that too. Romney did it with private capital, Obama did it with taxpayer dolalrs.

No, invading an oil rich Arab nation based on false accusations was a national disgrace. Since practically all our cothing is outsourced this comes as no suprise and no one is likely to be killed because of it.

Like I said, so what? The Governement doesn't support our athletes with tax dollars so Congress critters have no say in the matter of where the outfits are made.

No, invading an oil rich Arab nation based on false accusations was a national disgrace. Since practically all our cothing is outsourced this comes as no suprise and no one is likely to be killed because of it.

Like I said, so what? The Governement doesn't support our athletes with tax dollars so Congress critters have no say in the matter of where the outfits are made.

Apples & Oranges just a bit, don't ya think? And your guy bombed & murdered plenty in his Libyan War for Oil. So it's probably best you don't go this Apples & Oranges route. You shouldn't be defending this.

In spite of all the outrage provoked by Ralph Lauren's outsourcing of the manufacturing of the U.S. Olympic uniform to China, and in spite of lawmakers from both sides of the aisle criticizing the American clothing company for sending work overseas, Republican nominee Mitt Romney has refused to take a stand, merely saying, "The Olympic Games are about the athletes ... and these other matters are extraneous, I think."

To people familiar with Romney's political career, his unwillingness to speak out may not come as a surprise. But when other politicians, both Republicans and Democrats, are taking a firm position on an issue that seems pretty clear-cut in a time when America's economy needs all the investment it can get, Romney's lukewarm stance, by comparison, appears even more bizarre.

Mitt Romney On Outsourcing Of U.S. Olympic Uniform: These 'Matters Are Extraneous' (VIDEO)

In spite of all the outrage provoked by Ralph Lauren's outsourcing of the manufacturing of the U.S. Olympic uniform to China, and in spite of lawmakers from both sides of the aisle criticizing the American clothing company for sending work overseas, Republican nominee Mitt Romney has refused to take a stand, merely saying, "The Olympic Games are about the athletes ... and these other matters are extraneous, I think."

To people familiar with Romney's political career, his unwillingness to speak out may not come as a surprise. But when other politicians, both Republicans and Democrats, are taking a firm position on an issue that seems pretty clear-cut in a time when America's economy needs all the investment it can get, Romney's lukewarm stance, by comparison, appears even more bizarre.

Mitt Romney On Outsourcing Of U.S. Olympic Uniform: These 'Matters Are Extraneous' (VIDEO)

Can you say "out of touch"?

Apples & Oranges just a bit, don't ya think? And your guy bombed & murdered plenty in his Libyan War for Oil. So it's probably best you don't go this Apples & Oranges route. You shouldn't be defending this.

Hahahaha, your who highten the rhetoric to "National Disgrace". But in reality nothing could be further from the truth. Leave politics out of the Olympics and let the team buy whatever the fuck they want where ever the fuck they want. It's not up to you, me or Big Brother.

The Japanese and Brit companies treated their employees far better.

This is very true. I also work for a large Japanese trading company. Part of my business is exporting medical supplies from American companies to Japan. Sales are up about 40% this year!

The Japanese treat their workers WAY better than the American corps I have worked for. And executive pay is more in line with what regular workers make. I will probably never work for an American corp. Hated every minute.

Forum List

Back