USDA targets candy, cola in new school nutrition regulations

I buy whole foods and process them myself, I also garden since many veggies are very high. This fall I plan to plant the fruit orchard I have wanted.

What do you expect? Everybody knows that junk food is no good for you but it's a free Country right? It used to be free until the government assumed the responsibility for health care. With the free service comes government sanctions for your bad habits. They don't have the power to order you what you can eat yet but they can hit you in the pocketbook. Wait until they arm another 10,000 IRS agents to enforce good health.

I buy whole foods and proce yearss them myself, I also garden since many veggies are very high. This fall I plan to plant the fruit orchard I have wanted.

As do we, but such behaviour used to be the norm and is no longer typical of most working Americans or Canadians.

When we do buy food, it's organic, and even our prepared and processed foods are all certified organic. There is no white sugar in this house. But our home is not in any way typical of what most working people do.

Junk food on school property is only part of the problem.

Maybe if schools would stop slashing their Phys Ed budgets and stop telling kids what they can't do during recess, then maybe our kids wouldn't be so fat.

Junk food on school property is only part of the problem.

Maybe if schools would stop slashing their Phys Ed budgets and stop telling kids what they can't do during recess, then maybe our kids wouldn't be so fat.

Maybe if sugar coated cereals weren't permitted to advertize that they are "part of a nutrious breakfast", or MacDonalds wasn't allowed to sponsor children's TV shows, like they do in other countries, children in the US might have a fighting chance at avoiding brainwashing.

My daughter has said she's seen mother's giving their babies Coke/Pepsi, from bottles at the mall. Nutrition and health education needs to be in all schools, and no food guides bought and paid for by the milk/beef/or other food industries.

Last but not least, when I went to school, phys ed was a mandatory class, held every day for every grade. Time to bring it back.

You fascist don't have a right to silence or tell me what I can put into my body.

Does that mean you have the right to use heroin or cocaine? Can you drink poison if you wish?

The idiocy that the stupid class calls "rights" makes me think that education is lost on the masses.

You fascist don't have a right to silence or tell me what I can put into my body.

Does that mean you have the right to use heroin or cocaine? Can you drink poison if you wish?

The idiocy that the stupid class calls "rights" makes me think that education is lost on the masses.

Is it because he might use heroin, get addicted, start hustling on the street to get money then have a fellow addict steal an iPhone to take a picture of the two of you engaged in tawdry back-alley sex?

That's it, isn't it?

I just left my school job as a "lunch lady" some call it after four years, it was because of stuff like ..they are now making us FORCE food on kids and if they don't take it they will PAY A HIGHER PRICE...explain that to a child in Kindergarten...I worked in a grade school and watched every day the food they were forced to take go in the garbage..they don't like it..did the government care? NOPE

Schools are becoming like little Nazi camps run by the fascist in Government

I just left my school job as a "lunch lady" some call it after four years, it was because of stuff like ..they are now making us FORCE food on kids and if they don't take it they will PAY A HIGHER PRICE...explain that to a child in Kindergarten...I worked in a grade school and watched every day the food they were forced to take go in the garbage..they don't like it..did the government care? NOPE

Schools are becoming like little Nazi camps run by the fascist in Government

When I was a kid in school, you couldn't buy pop or junk food in the school cafeteria. Only health choices were available. There were no vending machines, no sodas, no candy bars. Then some idiot got the bright idea of vending machines to make money, and the idea of selling kids junk food so the school boards could make money off the sales and the contracts with Coke/Pepsi to supply machines. Now that the results of such short sighted practices are coming home to roost, and the schools are getting rid of stuff they should never have put in the schools in the first place, people are complaining their "rights" are being violated.

No they're not. You're perfectly free to go off of school property and buy all of the junk food your choose.

If you think you have the right to buy junk food at your school, you need to seriously study what exactly a "right" is.

steph seems to believe that kids should get whatever a kid wants. And if they don't like it it shouldnt be available. Because kids know best. Wait...

Then she quit her job as a lunch lady...wait for it...because kids didn't like the healthy food. Yes, everyone believes that.

steph seems to believe that kids should get whatever a kid wants. And if they don't like it it shouldnt be available. Because kids know best. Wait...

Then she quit her job as a lunch lady...wait for it...because kids didn't like the healthy food. Yes, everyone believes that.

believe what you want, it matters not..but you are a liberal and do need a fascist government to run your little life I'm sure..do they wipe your butt too?

Last edited:

believe what you want, it matters not..but you are a liberal and do need a fascist government to run your little life I'm sure..do they wipe your butt too?

(My bold)

Liberal ≠ Fascist

Where does this stuff come from? I think of liberal as being the opposite of Fascist. Do you have something that shows otherwise?

(My bold)

Liberal ≠ Fascist

Where does this stuff come from? I think of liberal as being the opposite of Fascist. Do you have something that shows otherwise?

figure it out...he sees no problem with this government telling people what they can EAT..that isn't their job and people are fools to think they will stop at just schools...but when you have a whole slew of people who just sits back and let it happen, they deserve to lose their freedoms

Last edited:
Steph didn't quit because of the pay. She quit because kids didn't like the school food. Just like every child that ever went to school ever. Steph doesn't have kids or else she would know that kids don't make good choices and require Parental guidance.

Steph didn't quit because of the pay. She quit because kids didn't like the school food. Just like every child that ever went to school ever. Steph doesn't have kids or else she would know that kids don't make good choices and require Parental guidance.

ok, whatever you say...I guess I should ask my two sons where they came from
shut the fuck up about me and leave my family alone..I gave my reasons for the job I worked the rest is only your stupid nonsense....you love it the government tells people what they should eat..have at it, you probably are too stupid to make your own decisions and to know what is good for you or not

Last edited:
ok, whatever you say...I guess I should ask my two sons where they came from shut the fuck up about me and leave my family alone..I gave my reasons for the job I worked the rest is only your stupid nonsense....you love it the government tells people what they should eat..have at it, you probably are too stupid to make your own decisions and to know what is good for you or not

Given the high rates of obesity, heart disease and cancer in the US, I would say that it's fairly obvious that there are a lot of people living in the US who don't have a clue about proper nutition and health. Someone needs to educate them.

I fed my kids a LOT of food they didn't like over the years. Healthy stuff like fruits and vegetables, all home cooked. It was that or nothing. They grew up to be healthy adults who eat fresh home prepared foods.

Quitting a job because the kids don't like the food is a pretty good indicator that you're not the brightest bulb on the shelf either.

Last edited:
ok, whatever you say...I guess I should ask my two sons where they came from shut the fuck up about me and leave my family alone..I gave my reasons for the job I worked the rest is only your stupid nonsense....you love it the government tells people what they should eat..have at it, you probably are too stupid to make your own decisions and to know what is good for you or not

Given the high rates of obesity, heart disease and cancer in the US, I would say that it's fairly obvious that there are a lot of people living in the US who don't have a clue about proper nutition and health. Someone needs to educate them.

I fed my kids a LOT of food they didn't like over the years. Healthy stuff like fruits and vegetables, all home cooked. It was that or nothing. They grew up to be healthy adults who eat fresh home prepared foods.

Quitting a job because the kids don't like the food is a pretty good indicator that you're not the brightest bulb on the shelf either.

You can stuff whatever foods you want into your kids. Just don't tell anyone else what to do with theirs.

Most poor individuals do not have the resources to afford the foods which are healthier.

Forum List

Back