🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Using "Mental Illness" as a cop-out for Mass shootings

Does it bother you Obama and Holder were gun running in Mexico? Keep in mind a border patrol agent was killed with one of them

No, it doesn't bother me because that isn't what happened.

The reality is, a quarter million guns cross the border every year. We know this, the Mexicans know this.

The ATF engaged in a couple of operations to try to track who was running these guns. Wide Receiver under Bush and Fast and Furious under Obama. And some of these guns were lost in the process.

The main problem was the ATF actually did a pretty good job identifying who the bad actors were, but the prosecutors in Arizona, particularly, really didn't care to prosecute.

Does it bother you Obama and Holder were gun running in Mexico? Keep in mind a border patrol agent was killed with one of them

Yes it is what happened and your lying is a weak defense. Why do you loons on the left lie so much? It's constant.
Just like Hillary and Obama blame Roof having a gun on lax gun control, even though it was illegal for him to have it under federal law....
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/1...ars-symbols-of-white-supremacy.html?referrer=
Asked if he had any contraband, Mr. Roof said no, according to the report, but the officer searched him and found Suboxone, a prescription drug used to treat opiate addiction and frequently sold in illegal street transactions. Mr. Roof admitted that he did not have a prescription for the drug, the report said, and he was arrested and charged with felony drug possession. The case is pending.

Dylann Roof's Manifesto

Dylann Roof, the 21-year-old charged with killing nine people in Charleston, South Carolina, this week, allegedly wrote a lengthy, racist manifesto on a website he created this year, according to Gawker and The Daily Beast.

The website, "The Last Rhodesian," includes a passage about why the writer, identified as Roof, chose Charleston.

I have no choice. I am not in the position to, alone, go into the ghetto and fight. I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country. We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the internet. Well someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me.​

Complete Manifesto: Manifesto Of Accused Charleston Shooter Reportedly Found Online

1305596073659615118.jpg

Here Is What Appears to Be Dylann Roof's Racist Manifesto - Gawker

1434813001561.cached.jpg

Alleged Dylann Roof Manifesto Found - The Daily Beast

How could his parents not have known about his extreme racist hatred? Are they the source? How many more homegrown racist terrorists like him are out there?

Yes it is what happened and your lying is a weak defense. Why do you loons on the left lie so much? It's constant.

Uh, no, that isn't what happened. Turn off the Hate Radio and grow a brain, FatIrishCow.

Yeah it is, stop lying. Fucking ,drip

Uh, no, i itsn't.

If it were, the GOP would have filed impeachment proceedings by now.

Look, moron the sooner you realize I think you're an idiot and are most likely the last person on this forum I'd take serious the better off you will be. Learn that and live it. Now stop bothering me with your BS

Joe

Maybe you should read up on Fast and Furious...

Operation Fast and Furious Fast Facts - CNN.com

(CNN)Here's some background information about Operation Fast and Furious. From 2009 - 2011, under Operation Fast and Furious, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Phoenix Field Division, along with other partners, allowed illegal gun sales, believed to be destined for Mexican drug cartels, in order to track the sellers and purchasers.

Facts:
An estimated 1,400 weapons were lost by the ATF in Mexico. Two of the missing weapons linked to the operation turned up at the Arizona murder scene of United States Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.

This writer from Salon hits it spot on.

It s not about mental illness The big lie that always follows mass shootings by white males - Salon.com

“The real issue is mental illness” is a goddamn cop-out. I almost never hear it from actual mental health professionals, or advocates working in the mental health sphere, or anyone who actually has any kind of informed opinion on mental health or serious policy proposals for how to improve our treatment of the mentally ill in this country.

What I hear from people who bleat on about “The real issue is mental illness,” when pressed for specific suggestions on how to deal with said “real issue,” is terrifying nonsense designed to throw the mentally ill under the bus. Elliot Rodger’s parents should’ve been able to force risperidone down his throat. Seung-Hui Cho should’ve been forcibly institutionalized. Anyone with a mental illness diagnosis should surrender all of their constitutional rights, right now, rather than at all compromise the right to bear arms of self-declared sane people.

What’s interesting is to watch who the mentally ill people are being thrown under the bus to defend. In the wake of Sandy Hook, the NRA tells us that creating a national registry of firearms owners would be giving the government dangerously unchecked tyrannical power, but a national registry of the mentally ill would not — even though a “sane” person holding a gun is intrinsically more dangerous than a “crazy” person, no matter how crazy, without a gun.

Now, here's the thing. The sad state of our mental health system is a bipartisan issue. From Republicans who don't want to pay for outpatient programs or hospitals, to ACLU types who make it next to impossible to institutionalize a crazy person against his will.

But the main problem is, we always find out AFTER these people have gotten a gun and killed a bunch of people that they were crazy.

How about, just for the hell of it, we actually prevent crazy people from getting guns before they kill a bunch of people?

It is not a cop out because it is a known fact that mental illness is a viable defense for any crime committed in this country.

Actually, I've posted a thread that shows Mexico has more restrictive gun laws than the US, and three times the murder rate.

1) Mexico is not an advanced democracy.
2) Mexico has a "right to bear arms" in their constitution, just like we do.

You might want to check the restrictive laws in Mexico and see if they are just like we have.

You mean they don't have the same interpretation of "The right to bear arms' that we have?

Our interpretation of that IS insane.

Sadly, we have a gun industry that is pouring thousands of guns into Mexico. Because they are fucking evil.

You mean like the maobama administration running guns to Mexico with impunity? Criminals do shit like that, they tend to ignore laws both here and Mexico.

And then use EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE to cover it up!!!

Obama invokes executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents - latimes

WASHINGTON — Just as the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform was about to vote Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with a subpoena for documents in the flawed Fast and Furious gun-tracking case, President Obama asserted executive privilege and backed up the attorney general’s position in refusing to turn over the material.

The reality is, a quarter million guns cross the border every year. We know this, the Mexicans know this.

The ATF engaged in a couple of operations to try to track who was running these guns. Wide Receiver under Bush and Fast and Furious under Obama. And some of these guns were lost in the process.

The main problem was the ATF actually did a pretty good job identifying who the bad actors were, but the prosecutors in Arizona, particularly, really didn't care to prosecute.

All this talk and no links, I wonder why.

Just like Hillary and Obama blame Roof having a gun on lax gun control, even though it was illegal for him to have it under federal law....

Yes, it was. Just proving the gun laws are too lax.
Why??? The current gun laws prohibited him from having a gun!!!

You are such an idiot!!!!!

And who was enforcing that law? Who was making sure he didn't get a gun?

Laws that aren't enforced are lax.

And then use EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE to cover it up!!!

Obama invokes executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents - latimes

WASHINGTON — Just as the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform was about to vote Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with a subpoena for documents in the flawed Fast and Furious gun-tracking case, President Obama asserted executive privilege and backed up the attorney general’s position in refusing to turn over the material.

And this is a problem, why? Last thing you need is Congress comprimising hundreds of investigations and revealing the identities of agents.

Forum List

Back