USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, at last night's American Legion meeting we discussed Poppy Day... I got ganged up on. They said that because I am the person who always brings in the most money for Poppy Day I should be in charge of this years Poppy Day event. Swell. Just what I need. I hate being in charge of things. It's much easier to just lurk in the shadows and do you part. I think what I'm going to hate more than anything else is counting all of that loose change we seem to gather up on Poppy Day. Maybe instead of counting up all of that loose change I'll just throw it into my change bucket and write the post a big check. The currency all get crumpled up and you have to almost iron it before you can count it too. Oh well... I shall do my duty and do it to the best of my ability. Anybody want a Poppy?

Get yourself one of those coin sorter with the paper, machines.
They cost 6.97 at Wal Mart.
Motorized Coin Sorter - Walmart.com
Me and Hubby got one when we were in charge of Poppy Day at the VFW for five years.
It saves a lot of time and headaches. :)

If you need help on any good hints at how to run things smoothly just PM Me BBD.

Last edited:
So, at last night's American Legion meeting we discussed Poppy Day... I got ganged up on. They said that because I am the person who always brings in the most money for Poppy Day I should be in charge of this years Poppy Day event. Swell. Just what I need. I hate being in charge of things. It's much easier to just lurk in the shadows and do you part. I think what I'm going to hate more than anything else is counting all of that loose change we seem to gather up on Poppy Day. Maybe instead of counting up all of that loose change I'll just throw it into my change bucket and write the post a big check. The currency all get crumpled up and you have to almost iron it before you can count it too. Oh well... I shall do my duty and do it to the best of my ability. Anybody want a Poppy?

Get yourself one of those coin sorter with the paper, machines.
They cost 6.97 at Wal Mart.
Motorized Coin Sorter - Walmart.com
Me and Hubby got one when we were in charge of Poppy Day at the VFW for five years.
It saves a lot of time and headaches. :)

If you need help on any good hints at how to run things smoothly just PM Me BBD.

Thanks for the advice. I'll survive this...

I can relate to this. Today especially.
Leave_Work_Early_Friday.png

Did I forget to mention that we discovered some old cells in the basement of city hall and the guys decided to elect BBD as Commander and move him into one of the cells...Pretty good deal, free rent and all that....

Spring has sprung and it's time for me to make my annual appeal to all yinz Coffee Shoppers to buy a new American flag for the summer season.

Nothing looks disrespectful, not to mention shabby, than an old, faded, torn and thread worn American flag. I'm absolutely certain that we all proudly fly the flag at our homes, and possibly our businesses. Flying a bright new flag shows our flag the respect it deserves. And it's easy to do! Here's a link to the American Legion Emblem website American Legion Flag & Emblem where indoor, outdoor and state flags are offered at most reasonable prices. Plus, they are ALL AMERICAN MADE! No Chinese-made American flags please. We still make great things right here in the states.

The American Legion gratefully accepted my old flag and they disposed of it properly and respectfully at a flag disposal ceremony.

So three cheers for the red white and blue! Fly a nice looking American flag from your front porch, deck or patio.

Amen and amen.

Did I forget to mention that we discovered some old cells in the basement of city hall and the guys decided to elect BBD as Commander and move him into one of the cells...Pretty good deal, free rent and all that....

We did have our elections last night but being the quick thinker on my feet that I am, I suggested that the folks we had in office had all did a great job the previous year and I made the motion that we re-elect them all into the current posts that they were filling. There was a second and then the vote. Wouldn't you know it, our elections were all over with in just about 10 minutes. I escaped again!

We did have our elections last night but being the quick thinker on my feet that I am, I suggested that the folks we had in office had all did a great job the previous year and I made the motion that we re-elect them all into the current posts that they were filling. There was a second and then the vote. Wouldn't you know it, our elections were all over with in just about 10 minutes. I escaped again!

Truth is we had nominations last month while i was getting discharged from the hospital. And last nights vote took all of about 2 minutes. Yes I'll be Commander for one more year at least...... Now I need to get the Consolidated Post report Done....Again...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Truth is we had nominations last month while i was getting discharged from the hospital. And last nights vote took all of about 2 minutes. Yes I'll be Commander for one more year at least...... Now I need to get the Consolidated Post report Done....Again...

Can't keep a good man down!

• Thanks
Well, finally back home for a few days. They took out my dad's breathing tube, he's awake but weak and confused (to be expected). He'll stay in ICU for the night and if his breathing is "normal" he'll go to a regular ward for a few days. My brother and I discussed whether to reintubate if he needs it, my response was if he has any chance that his breathing can return to normal then I think he would say yes but if, medically, there is no chance he will not be able to survive without it then no. The decision for now is yes (my youngest brother has medical power of attorney).
They still don't know what brought this about but at least it's not what we originally thought, he did not have a stroke. Currently my hope is that he at least recovers enough to authorize me to handle his finances in case he becomes incapable of doing so, just in case.
There are bills to be paid, he has a lease on a Mercedes that he probably will not be able to drive again so I have to find out if we can end the lease without penalty due to his medical condition.

0bb428219dab7a4f8b861f845249e411.jpg

Got no sleep last night because of the heat but I'm up anyway. Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Hey [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION]
There is this new invention called "Air Conditioning", it is like the opposite of "heating". You install this device called an "air conditioner" on your house and it cools the house to whatever temperature you find comfortable. It runs on simple electricity, just like most of your household appliances.
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

0bb428219dab7a4f8b861f845249e411.jpg

Got no sleep last night because of the heat but I'm up anyway. Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Hey [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION]
There is this new invention called "Air Conditioning", it is like the opposite of "heating". You install this device called an "air conditioner" on your house and it cools the house to whatever temperature you find comfortable. It runs on simple electricity, just like most of your household appliances.
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

I'm moving at the end of the month and didn't want to put the air conditioner in the window for just a couple of weeks. I kind of wish I would have, it's very warm in here.

It's a conspiracy.
They want you so involved in organizing it that you can't actually be the best at collecting.
It's meant well, but it is self-defeating for the ultimate goal.

• Thanks
Well, I got my annual hair cut, but this time not so short. Kept it above the eye brows and off the collar, but about half way still over the ears. I was worried that I'd look to 80's but, I like it. Might have to get another one sooner though but that's OK.

Happy TGIF to those working stiffs... I know the weekends are all important to you, and I feel your pain... :eusa_shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back