USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning!

This is exactly what would happen to me if I wore these :)

PWbxEXE.gif

I resemble that remark! :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
This is soooo cute

[ame=http://youtu.be/MdcuaeYV9oM]Adorable 3 year old is very happy to dance! - YouTube[/ame]

Good morning everybody. First a rousing HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the Spoonmans. Each one is a little more special. :)

I loved Stat's coffee pics this morning. I was just thinking that as a girl and young woman, I just couldn't see what my mother saw in Kirk Douglas--she thought he was so handsome and I thought ewww. Well I'm a mother and grandmother myself now and I think he's terrific. My favorite Kirk Douglas role I think was as captain of the Nimitz in "Final Countdown."

We just hugged our overnight house guests goodbye and sent them on their way--they have been 'birding' (photographing birds) in southern Arizona this past week. Got some awesome shots.

Oklahoma of all places has been competing with Alaska as the most seismically active state. A couple of days ago they issued a rare earthquake warning for central Oklahoma. Who would have thought?

I just saw this video and though meh, no biggie. But it quickly reeled me in. I bet it does ya'll too who have time to watch it.

EDIT: I just saw that RD posted this before I did this morning. She gets the credit. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of quiet around here today. Mrs. BBD is over at her neighbor friend's house quilting. I have to put the turkey in the over at 1300. Got an American Legion meeting tonight. Might as well go take a nap in the recliner with Taco.

You're coming to the meeting? Good i've got about a thousand things to go over and i really need a chairperson for about a dozen different things glad you'll be there to take on part of the load........

Put him to work, Ollie. He takes too many naps with Taco. :D

It's simply not possible for a person to take too many naps.

So, at last night's American Legion meeting we discussed Poppy Day... I got ganged up on. They said that because I am the person who always brings in the most money for Poppy Day I should be in charge of this years Poppy Day event. Swell. Just what I need. I hate being in charge of things. It's much easier to just lurk in the shadows and do you part. I think what I'm going to hate more than anything else is counting all of that loose change we seem to gather up on Poppy Day. Maybe instead of counting up all of that loose change I'll just throw it into my change bucket and write the post a big check. The currency all get crumpled up and you have to almost iron it before you can count it too. Oh well... I shall do my duty and do it to the best of my ability. Anybody want a Poppy?

It's almost noon. I wonder if Mrs. BBD knows that I'm ready and willing to eat some lunch if she will come down from her sewing room and fix it?

Spring has sprung and it's time for me to make my annual appeal to all yinz Coffee Shoppers to buy a new American flag for the summer season.

Nothing looks disrespectful, not to mention shabby, than an old, faded, torn and thread worn American flag. I'm absolutely certain that we all proudly fly the flag at our homes, and possibly our businesses. Flying a bright new flag shows our flag the respect it deserves. And it's easy to do! Here's a link to the American Legion Emblem website American Legion Flag & Emblem where indoor, outdoor and state flags are offered at most reasonable prices. Plus, they are ALL AMERICAN MADE! No Chinese-made American flags please. We still make great things right here in the states.

The American Legion gratefully accepted my old flag and they disposed of it properly and respectfully at a flag disposal ceremony.

So three cheers for the red white and blue! Fly a nice looking American flag from your front porch, deck or patio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back