USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
007!!!

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY
AT USMB!!!!

May 8, 2004 - May 8, 2014

Happy-anniversary-007-1987.jpg
Well, a little birdie dropped me an email and recommended I take a look at the CS today... so... THANK YOU to Foxfyre and all my VERY good virtual friends here. I have missed you and wish that this day could have been a more joyous occasion, but, because of the way I was recently treated here, I just can't share in the happiness.

However I still do appreciate the sentiment given, and repeat a big THANK YOU to Ff and those who wished me well.

Several of us having been conspiring on this awhile. You of course have to do what is best for you. Just remember that the only ones you are really punishing is those of us who love and miss you and you aren't angry with. Usually :) Just teasing. But I hope you will choose to return and at least be part of the Coffee Shop crowd.

007!!!

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY
AT USMB!!!!

Well, a little birdie dropped me an email and recommended I take a look at the CS today... so... THANK YOU to Foxfyre and all my VERY good virtual friends here. I have missed you and wish that this day could have been a more joyous occasion, but, because of the way I was recently treated here, I just can't share in the happiness.

However I still do appreciate the sentiment given, and repeat a big THANK YOU to Ff and those who wished me well.

you know, you really should do this more often

Okay, I've had some medical tests done recently and I asked Foxy to take me off the concern list because I haven't heard anything about my last one, the ekg and assumed it was normal. The day after, they called me and said they found fluid around my heart.

My doctor's office set me up with an appointment for today with a cardiologist and I have been so scared, I just didn't want to talk about it or think about it at all. I went to dinner with my daughter and son in law last night, it was pretty quiet. Everyone at the table knew about it and we were all worried. I didn't understand how anyone my age and in my condition could have a heart problem. I swear, I just don't have any vices. :lol:

I had blood tests early this morning then went to the cardiologist. He said what my doctor saw was just a little fluid in the front and it could have come from a virus or my thyroid or inflamation like from RA. I don't have any of those issues but anyway he said my heart is strong, they did another ekg and found very good numbers, good heart function, good pressure and what he called good heart tone.

Of course I read everything I could find online about pericardial effusion and some people get so much fluid it adds up to about 2 liters! All of that fluid pushes your heart up to your shoulder. The things that can happen to us as we age can be absolutely freaky. I'm so glad I got a quick appointment and that I went through the worry then kept the appt. anyway.

Have a great day everyone, I am. Thanks for the reps while I was gone today, I will get back to you guys soon. :)

Kind of quiet around here today. Mrs. BBD is over at her neighbor friend's house quilting. I have to put the turkey in the over at 1300. Got an American Legion meeting tonight. Might as well go take a nap in the recliner with Taco.

You're coming to the meeting? Good i've got about a thousand things to go over and i really need a chairperson for about a dozen different things glad you'll be there to take on part of the load........

Okay, I've had some medical tests done recently and I asked Foxy to take me off the concern list because I haven't heard anything about my last one, the ekg and assumed it was normal. The day after, they called me and said they found fluid around my heart.

My doctor's office set me up with an appointment for today with a cardiologist and I have been so scared, I just didn't want to talk about it or think about it at all. I went to dinner with my daughter and son in law last night, it was pretty quiet. Everyone at the table knew about it and we were all worried. I didn't understand how anyone my age and in my condition could have a heart problem. I swear, I just don't have any vices. :lol:

I had blood tests early this morning then went to the cardiologist. He said what my doctor saw was just a little fluid in the front and it could have come from a virus or my thyroid or inflamation like from RA. I don't have any of those issues but anyway he said my heart is strong, they did another ekg and found very good numbers, good heart function, good pressure and what he called good heart tone.

Of course I read everything I could find online about pericardial effusion and some people get so much fluid it adds up to about 2 liters! All of that fluid pushes your heart up to your shoulder. The things that can happen to us as we age can be absolutely freaky. I'm so glad I got a quick appointment and that I went through the worry then kept the appt. anyway.

Have a great day everyone, I am. Thanks for the reps while I was gone today, I will get back to you guys soon. :)

Or it could have just been a faulty reading which they probably wouldn't admit. :) At any rate, the additional test was a good move and I'm pretty sure you can relax and enjoy your life.

Hombre too, when the cancer showed up, started reading everything he could find on the internet and pretty well scared himself half to death in the process. Boy was he relieved when it wasn't exactly a cake walk going through the treatment, but it wasn't nearly as bad as he thought it would be and he is fine now. Does still have one little basal cell carcinoma that will have to come off the top of his ear but that will be a piece of cake.

Kind of quiet around here today. Mrs. BBD is over at her neighbor friend's house quilting. I have to put the turkey in the over at 1300. Got an American Legion meeting tonight. Might as well go take a nap in the recliner with Taco.

I am such an idiot. My first though was your turkey is going to be very dry :lol:

Mine was he must have one of them new fangled convection ovens or something, mine doesn't even go up that high. :D

Well, it's obvious I'm a military brat as my first thought was 1 pm

Dropped another 7 pounds in the past few weeks... I like where this is going. My goal is to drop 10 pounds in a month. Was 280 at the end of April, am 273 8 days into May, well ahead of where I should be.

$$$
That's great, TK. One approach that will help shed additional pounds, is to take advantage of your body's metabolism. Try to avoid eating as soon as you wake up, ideally for a few hours. Also, try not to eat anything a few hours before going to sleep. You can still drink liquids during this time. If you really need to eat something during this time, fruit is ok.

The body's metabolism is at it's lowest the moment you wake up, and it takes a few hours (3 to 4) for it to reach it's peak. Same applies when you go to sleep. When you fall asleep, your body's metabolism drops. Thus if you've eaten within the last few hours before going to sleep, your body will not burn off the calories as efficiently.

Last edited:

You're coming to the meeting? Good i've got about a thousand things to go over and i really need a chairperson for about a dozen different things glad you'll be there to take on part of the load........

No. No. No. I'm going to our meeting in Mount Morris, IL!!! Hate to say it but I've already got lots on my plate. Getting close to time to have the annual Poppy Day drive. Seems like everybody scatters when you start asking for help in getting on the street with Poppies.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good morning, everyone, and happy Thursday to you.

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

23ff6071f8c0c0bdd44b50650cf7424c.jpg

That's Claudia Cardinale, who was the premiere italian actress of films of the 50s and 60s, she was quite the starlet back then.

Here is how she looked when she was at the peak of her career:

Ottoemezzo-Cardinale_crop.png

From the film: "Otto e mezzo"

From the WIKI link above:

In February 2011 the Los Angeles Times Magazine named Cardinale among the 50 most beautiful women in film history.

Just saw her in an old film last week. Cool.
I love that woman, so sexy. Best movie she was in that I liked was 'Once Upon A Time In The West' with Charles Bronson, "Harmonica." I have the movie in my collection.

007, happy anniversary

Put him to work, Ollie. He takes too many naps with Taco. :D

007!!!

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY
AT USMB!!!!

Several of us having been conspiring on this awhile. You of course have to do what is best for you. Just remember that the only ones you are really punishing is those of us who love and miss you and you aren't angry with. Usually :) Just teasing. But I hope you will choose to return and at least be part of the Coffee Shop crowd.

Hear, hear!!!

That's Claudia Cardinale, who was the premiere italian actress of films of the 50s and 60s, she was quite the starlet back then.

In February 2011 the Los Angeles Times Magazine named Cardinale among the 50 most beautiful women in film history.

I love that woman, so sexy. Best movie she was in that I liked was 'Once Upon A Time In The West' with Charles Bronson, "Harmonica." I have the movie in my collection.

I am such an idiot. My first though was your turkey is going to be very dry :lol:

Mine was he must have one of them new fangled convection ovens or something, mine doesn't even go up that high. :D

Either military brat or a German!! :D

nine

No. No. No. I'm going to our meeting in Mount Morris, IL!!! Hate to say it but I've already got lots on my plate. Getting close to time to have the annual Poppy Day drive. Seems like everybody scatters when you start asking for help in getting on the street with Poppies.

Pfft, that's what the Ladies Auxiliary does...We men fix their flags for them....As I was informed tonight...

One of my members found a revolutionary war cemetery across the State line in PA. I made some phone calls to several veteran organizations in PA about someone cleaning it up for memorial day. Ended up calling their county Veterans Service officer who told me they had one guy who was going to do that. Monday they called me back and asked for my assistance in doing that cemetery. Their guy was in the hospital....

Saturday morning we are going over there with shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and cleaning it up. We will post flags and when we are done we will fire 3 volleys for Americas first veterans.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys. And it was great having 007 back for at least today. I just hope it happens more.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Ollie's daughter Angie and son Dirk,
Wake,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Ringel's dad,
Sheila and Andrew,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Greetings, All!
It isn't exactly morning, not yet. I get to work just before midnight to discover my first flight arrives at 0330. Ah, well, guess I'll kill some time here.
Glad to know that Sarah and Hombre's medical conditions are mending. Hopefully, things will go well with Ringel's pop. There have been so many sad losses among the CS denizens lately, good news is like a breath of Spring air.
Y'all take care and have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back