USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have to take all the bad things I said about the weatherman back. We got 3 inches of rain yesterday and it started raining again last night just before I went to bed....it started sprinkling this morning, but it has now stopped. I am so thankful for all the rain. We didn't have bad winds, so it was a nice rain....even kept that darn armadillo from coming out and tearing at my flower beds.

largethank-you-god-for-rain-978031071741663368.jpg
Consider investing in an armadillo trap. It'll bring you peace of mind not having to worry about your flower beds.
armadillosetup.jpg

I have one, but it never worked....all I ever caught were raccoons and possums. Armadillos are very unpredictable, you just have to shoot them, but I won't do that. I may have to set the trap up again, you never know, maybe I'll trap one this time. :D

8:44 here in the beautiful northwest. So far a wonderful sunny day. Found something on facebook I just had to share. Hope yo all have a great day.

580252_460931843951435_593071926_n.jpg

It's a compliment and it has everything to do with Pele.

Yes, Pele, the great, great, great soccer player.

Pele's famous saying was "when I'm not in 'the zone', the ball looks like a pea, but when I'm in 'the zone', it looks like a blimp".

So, you see, when we dudes get older and play games with smaller balls and can still hit them, it means we're in the zone!

:D

:dunno: what just happened but I feel as though I have been poleaxed by something. Usually I get a warning when I am about to get sick but this just came out of nowhere! I came back from work, grabbed a cup of coffee and some lemon wafers and started checking my email. Next thing I know it is 2 hours later and I am waking up feeling like I was just run over. I just hope that it passes as quickly as it arrived. I really don't need this in the middle of a very busy week.

Better get on with my USMB 3 'R's while I am still sort of awake. Weird, just really weird!

Well, I have to take all the bad things I said about the weatherman back. We got 3 inches of rain yesterday and it started raining again last night just before I went to bed....it started sprinkling this morning, but it has now stopped. I am so thankful for all the rain. We didn't have bad winds, so it was a nice rain....even kept that darn armadillo from coming out and tearing at my flower beds.

largethank-you-god-for-rain-978031071741663368.jpg
Consider investing in an armadillo trap. It'll bring you peace of mind not having to worry about your flower beds.
armadillosetup.jpg

I have one, but it never worked....all I ever caught were raccoons and possums. Armadillos are very unpredictable, you just have to shoot them, but I won't do that. I may have to set the trap up again, you never know, maybe I'll trap one this time. :D
That was my next suggestion (to shoot em) :D

Just ask Mr. Mertex to do the dirty deed. It doesn't bother me at all since an armadillo is just a critter. It's either them or your flower beds.

:dunno: what just happened but I feel as though I have been poleaxed by something. Usually I get a warning when I am about to get sick but this just came out of nowhere! I came back from work, grabbed a cup of coffee and some lemon wafers and started checking my email. Next thing I know it is 2 hours later and I am waking up feeling like I was just run over. I just hope that it passes as quickly as it arrived. I really don't need this in the middle of a very busy week.

Better get on with my USMB 3 'R's while I am still sort of awake. Weird, just really weird!

Hope it passes quick....just when the weather is changing to nice you don't want to be cooped up in bed...:)

armadillosetup.jpg

That was my next suggestion (to shoot em) :D

Just ask Mr. Mertex to do the dirty deed. It doesn't bother me at all since an armadillo is just a critter. It's either them or your flower beds.

Mr Mertex doesn't think Dillo's a nuisance enough for him to get up in the middle of the night to hunt him down, when he may or may not show up on any particular night. We have killed a few already, then they weren't around for about 3 years and we got used to not having them....argh......

Here's to hoping you feel better!

Kind of a blah day here so far this morning... don't really know what to do with myself.

Better have my coffee and think about it.

There is always something to do in a garage?

I'm sprucing my digs, and preparing for my tech tomorrow morning to come by and transfer my life of the past 6 years, from my Vista OS, to a new computer tower, with Windows 7. Had to get that while MS will be supporting it until 2020. I don't trust myself to transfer most all of it, and really think I am going to be disappointed even with him doing it. He is an outstanding trained technician with a respected business practice, but I just have a feeling I will lose some files.

I very much like my new Toshiba Chromebook also. I like the mobility factor.

He should be able to mirror the drive as well as do a download dump, so you probably won't lose a thing.

Fingers crossed.

It may have had something to do with the coffee. If it's hot out, and you didn't have enough fluids today, the coffee may have caused you to become dehydrated. The caffeine probably did it. Just a guess. Drink lots of water, and see if you feel better.

So work just recently did a reorganization and I ended up with a new manager that really doesn't know me or my (sometimes warped) sense of humor. My new mgr is winding down from a major project, so she has been working a lot of long days that have impacted her personal life.
The other evening, I was out with my daughter's having dinner and drinks at a local restaurant, the weather was nice, so we were sitting outside. As we are enjoying the family time, I see my new boss exiting the restaurant across the street (a Thai restaurant).
The next day, my new boss had her first team meeting with her new team. It was pretty informal as this was the first time we had all got together as a team. The boss mentioned that for the first time in almost a year she had left work at a reasonable time and enjoyed dinner with her husband. Time for me to spring into action with my warped sense of humor.

I asked her, "So how was Thai Taste for dinner?" She replied, "It was excellent, were you there?"
I looked her straight in the eye and said one word, "No". Then, I just let my single word response hang out there for an uncomfortably long time. Of course, the look on her face was quizzical, a look that was expecting more of an answer, and I let the uncomfortable silence remain for a few more moments. Then I said, "I'm stalking you". And a few more moments of uncomfortable silence ensued, because I am evil like that. The quizzical look turned into an "oh shit" look. Then I told her I was across the street having dinner with my daughters like I do every week and I just happened to notice her and the hubby leaving. The look of relief on her face was priceless. And my coworker Janet told me to quit being a dick. :D
I spend 8 or more hours a day at work, sometimes I'm gonna have fun during that time.

Alan1 - You're a bad boy.:)

Foxfyre - Bake stuff and boil a big pot of water, that will help heat the house. Close off the spare rooms so you'll have less area to heat. Wouldn't hurt to put a couple gallons of boiling water in the tub to keep the bathroom warm.

DerideoT - I hope you feel better soon. If you have the same cold that's going around here it'll suck for about a week.

Update on yesterday's storm - As I said, the tornadoes were tiny, the lightning was crazy. But the floods - the flooding was the worst of the three, at least around the Summit/Cuyahoga counties line. THREE 2-lane bridges got washed out and all kinds of places are under water. What blows my mind about it is that the rain fell in a VERY short space of time, just a couple of hours. I'm used to a foot of water at a back alley intersection after a day-long downpour, but so much damage in so little time is new to me.

We got lucky here, something to do with our internet/tv took a lightning strike and I lost all the movies I had DVR'd, that's the only damage we took.

Get well soon, Derideo_Te. :eusa_angel:

Alan1 - You're a bad boy.:)

Foxfyre - Bake stuff and boil a big pot of water, that will help heat the house. Close off the spare rooms so you'll have less area to heat. Wouldn't hurt to put a couple gallons of boiling water in the tub to keep the bathroom warm.

DerideoT - I hope you feel better soon. If you have the same cold that's going around here it'll suck for about a week.

Update on yesterday's storm - As I said, the tornadoes were tiny, the lightning was crazy. But the floods - the flooding was the worst of the three, at least around the Summit/Cuyahoga counties line. THREE 2-lane bridges got washed out and all kinds of places are under water. What blows my mind about it is that the rain fell in a VERY short space of time, just a couple of hours. I'm used to a foot of water at a back alley intersection after a day-long downpour, but so much damage in so little time is new to me.

We got lucky here, something to do with our internet/tv took a lightning strike and I lost all the movies I had DVR'd, that's the only damage we took.

I remember a freak storm like that in 1995 that hit so hard, I decided not to drive from Alliance back home to Youngstown, but waited the thing out and then the roads were almost completely impassable. It sucked.

Holy Mackeral! is it still today in America, you are all just going to bed on tuesday, but I am up early on wednesday in England. Its one of those mornings I cannot sleep, so I am up at 6am. So good morning from tommorow.

Geesh, just had some plumbers over yesterday. Found two leaks, one in the bathroom in grandma's room, and one in the main water line outside. We have to get a carpenter in here in the morning to redo the flooring in the bathroom since the previous tenants thought it would be funny to jerry-rig the entire plumbing system, thus rotting the floor under the toilet out. On top of that we needed a new shutoff valve, plus we had to buy a new commode. All of this is going to cost upwards of $1500-2000. We live barely above the poverty line... this was the last thing we needed. How are we going to afford all of this?

Argh!

Last edited:

That sounds like your sugar level bottoming out. Same thing happened to my dad while driving a semi I was in. Stopped short of a road sign, then passed out. We were in an Arizona Hospital for a day or so with him. Sincerely, Derideo, get that checked out.

I knew going in that owning a bar would bring a certain amount of drama into my life, but had no inkling I would have to deal with what I did last night.
About 10 PM a fairly regular customer; a gorgeous blond lady, about 30 comes in crying her eyes out and takes my wife aside. I'm not too close to the conversation, but hear my wife mention something about a kit and police.
I was, at that point clearing off the poker tables and washing coffee cups and such after the game when the wife came over and said that I needed to take the young lady to the hospital and wait for the police.
It seems she had been raped.... by of all people, her father. I brought her the the emergency room and stayed with her until the police got there and she was taken away for an exam and rape kit.
She was back at the police station with detectives this afternoon and an arrest is pending.

I'm no longer homicidal, but last night, I'm sure I was not a joy to be around.

I knew going in that owning a bar would bring a certain amount of drama into my life, but had no inkling I would have to deal with what I did last night.
About 10 PM a fairly regular customer; a gorgeous blond lady, about 30 comes in crying her eyes out and takes my wife aside. I'm not too close to the conversation, but hear my wife mention something about a kit and police.
I was, at that point clearing off the poker tables and washing coffee cups and such after the game when the wife came over and said that I needed to take the young lady to the hospital and wait for the police.
It seems she had been raped.... by of all people, her father. I brought her the the emergency room and stayed with her until the police got there and she was taken away for an exam and rape kit.
She was back at the police station with detectives this afternoon and an arrest is pending.

I'm no longer homicidal, but last night, I'm sure I was not a joy to be around.

OMG Ernie! You were good to stay with her and help her out, as was your wife.
I hope the bastard responsible rots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back