USMB Coffee Shop IV

iu

I am ready to see more of the kind of football I saw tonight! Go Pats!! :D

On the other hand, the only player in my Fantasy league playing last night was Roethlisberger. Though he did meet projected expectations in spite of it all.

Considering I have Gronk in half my fantasy leagues, and Brady and Edelman in a couple as well, I was pleased. :lol:

Insert comment here Foxfyre...>>>

On the other hand, the only player in my Fantasy league playing last night was Roethlisberger. Though he did meet projected expectations in spite of it all.

Considering I have Gronk in half my fantasy leagues, and Brady and Edelman in a couple as well, I was pleased. :lol:

Insert comment here Foxfyre...>>>

I fixed it up there. . . .had typed my response inside Montro's quote. The software here allows that to inadvertently happen--V-bulletin would always object.

Worse, 16 days until fair week.

You don't like your fair? The New Mexico State Fair started two days ago and will run through the 20th. We are across town from the fairgrounds though and don't see much affect from it however other than an increase of street traffic and it is a bit harder to get a restaurant reservation with so many extra folks in town. It isn't at all like the mass of people that descend upon us during the Balloon Fiesta that will kick off Saturday October 4 and run through Sunday morning October 12.

Take your kids or grandkids to the rides? Expensive, but fun.

Visit all the cute farm animals? Nice.

Watch horses set world record pulls? Not bad.

Sweet roasted almonds, corn dog and giant pretzel? Need a loan, but very good

Stand at the dealership booth in wind, rain and possibly snow or sleet? Categorically :tongue-44:

Good morning everybody. Hope everybody has something good planned for the weekend.

12002231_1084376581580152_2424212563945142712_n.jpg

I'm supposed to get the last of the parts for my new PC today, so putting it together and messing with it are my weekend plans......well, that and football, of course! :D
Not building a PC, but getting some new toys myself.
My double cross draw rig (in black) should be here early next week
$(KGrHqRHJCQE8fW7s)6zBPOttUcm8!~~60_35.JPG

and soon after, 2 of these to fill it up.

uberti_1873_cm_charbluepearl.jpg

in .45 Long Colt.

You can be like Clint Eastwood! Don't forget your chewing tobacco so you can spit on the neighborhood dogs! :lol:
More like a Val Kilmer... The pistols will be 4 3/4" barrels so they can be drawn while seated.
I will likely also get a single rig since the guns weigh nearly 3 pounds each loaded.

Good morning everybody. Hope everybody has something good planned for the weekend.

12002231_1084376581580152_2424212563945142712_n.jpg

I'm supposed to get the last of the parts for my new PC today, so putting it together and messing with it are my weekend plans......well, that and football, of course! :D
Not building a PC, but getting some new toys myself.
My double cross draw rig (in black) should be here early next week
$(KGrHqRHJCQE8fW7s)6zBPOttUcm8!~~60_35.JPG

and soon after, 2 of these to fill it up.

uberti_1873_cm_charbluepearl.jpg

in .45 Long Colt.

You can be like Clint Eastwood! Don't forget your chewing tobacco so you can spit on the neighborhood dogs! :lol:
More like a Val Kilmer... The pistols will be 4 3/4" barrels so they can be drawn while seated.
I will likely also get a single rig since the guns weigh nearly 3 pounds each loaded.

Well Val Kilmer is no Clint Eastwood, Ernie!!! ;)

Fair week? You don't like the fair? :)

LOL...great minds and all that. . . .

I've always loved the fair but of course won't be going this year--don't get the staples out until the day after the fair closes and still don't have a lot of stamina built back up yet.

The most fun we've ever had at a fair though was the summer we lived in West Virginia and Hombre was one of several photographers commissioned to photograph the West Virginia State Fair. A small fair but so much fun complete with harness racing and all kinds of quirky and unique events.

One of the most fascinating events was the Sheep Lead Contest. That spring every woman competing had to shear a sheep she had raised from a lamb. She then had to spin the wool into yarn, dye the yarn to whatever colors she planned to use, weave the yarn into cloth, and then use the cloth to sew herself an outfit that she had designed herself and wore at the fair while leading the sheep. And the outfits were absolutely gorgeous. The number of skills that went into that one event were just amazing to me.

Last edited:

Fair week? You don't like the fair? :)

LOL...great minds and all that. . . .

I've always loved the fair but of course won't be going this year--don't get the staples out until the day after the fair closes and still don't have a lot of stamina built back up yet.

The most fun we've ever had at a fair though was the summer we lived in West Virginia and Hombre was one of several photographers commissioned to photograph the Virginia State Fair. A small fair but so much fun complete with harness racing and all kinds of quirky and unique events.

One of the most fascinating events was the Sheep Lead Contest. That spring every woman competing had to shear a sheep she had raised from a lamb. She then had to spin the wool into yarn, dye the yarn to whatever colors she planned to use, weave the yarn into cloth, and then use the cloth to sew herself an outfit that she had designed herself and wore at the fair while leading the sheep. And the outfits were absolutely gorgeous. The number of skills that went into that one event were just amazing to me.

We have a local fair here. I don't attend much anymore since I don't have any little ones anymore, but I do occasionally to watch the fireworks display they put on every year. I don't really like crowds, but I do kind of like the fair we have here. :) It's a lot more fun with kids though, at least for me. I think their excitement is contagious.

I was so unhappy with that last TD pass! I was playing against Big Ben and Brown in one league, my opponent got 15 or so points with that garbage TD. :mad:

I was so unhappy with that last TD pass! I was playing against Big Ben and Brown in one league, my opponent got 15 or so points with that garbage TD. :mad:

Aw so sorry Montro (she says entirely insincerely. :))

Or in my case it comes from taking a college printing course in which we had to insert individual lead type into a letter rack that would then be inserted into a galley holding all the type and images that would be transferred onto a page. And for reasons that escape me, the proper way to load the rack was to hold it so the letters were upside down. I was very good at doing it though and as a result to this day I read upside down words as efficiently as I do right side up. (They always make me work the top part of the jigsaw puzzle because it doesn't bother me to work with the picture upside down to me.)

Forum List

Back