USMB Coffee Shop IV

accident.jpg

I thought the answer would be: ...you just fell off your bar stool.

After reviewing my wardrobe this morning, I have come to the following conclusion:

10897035_748328168626551_1958569492460155025_n.jpg
I confess, I am rather pleased with having to buy size 32 Carharts to replace the 38's I was getting ready to replace with '40s. There is so much I can do now that I haven't been able to do for years (like clasp hands behind my back!) If you can lose, or even keep the weight off, do it at all costs!

What classic car should you drive? It chose a 1964 Chevy Impala for me.

which_classic_car_should_you_drive_1964_chevy_impala_ss-400x210.jpg

TAKE THE TEST HERE:
BrainFall.com | Which Classic Car Should You Drive?
Told me I should drive a 63 Stingray........
And I'm not even a Vet fan....... :dunno:

I also got the '63 Stingray: You're all about balance. Sexy yet classy, powerful yet elegant. And the mid-60s Corvette is the perfect fit for that personality.

I would have preferred a '68 Mustang.:thup:
I would rather have a '65 Mustang, but have to be satisfied with my Corvette.

Fair is over here. Too bad the giant pumpkin fell and they had to cancel the giant pumpkin weigh-off.
My daughter and family are now in Okinawa. There's an open professorship at the University. Since I will not be moving South to Ft Lewis, I suppose I will apply for the position. Cross your hooks for me. I've been teaching as an adjunct for 15 years and that may tip the scales. The job is about 8-5, Mon-Fri, with summers and a month-and-a-half off. That will give me plenty of time to ship overseas and plague my daughter. AND...it's indoors!
Although I confess, since it has been dark at night, and clear, the Northern Lights (Aurora) have been spectacular. I will miss working graves.

Fair is over here. Too bad the giant pumpkin fell and they had to cancel the giant pumpkin weigh-off.
My daughter and family are now in Okinawa. There's an open professorship at the University. Since I will not be moving South to Ft Lewis, I suppose I will apply for the position. Cross your hooks for me. I've been teaching as an adjunct for 15 years and that may tip the scales. The job is about 8-5, Mon-Fri, with summers and a month-and-a-half off. That will give me plenty of time to ship overseas and plague my daughter. AND...it's indoors!
Although I confess, since it has been dark at night, and clear, the Northern Lights (Aurora) have been spectacular. I will miss working graves.

I will definitely keep positive thoughts for you so that what will allow maximum joy for you is the outcome in all this. However, we don't always know what that is until we have it. And congrats on that weight loss. As soon as I have my blood work looking decent again, I'll be back on a more sensible diet hoping to shed a few pounds, but for now I have to push the nutrition, protein, etc. to get my system back in whack.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Narnia-Bedroom-8540-no-2-final.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning everybody. Hope everybody has something good planned for the weekend.

12002231_1084376581580152_2424212563945142712_n.jpg

I'm supposed to get the last of the parts for my new PC today, so putting it together and messing with it are my weekend plans......well, that and football, of course! :D
Not building a PC, but getting some new toys myself.
My double cross draw rig (in black) should be here early next week
$(KGrHqRHJCQE8fW7s)6zBPOttUcm8!~~60_35.JPG

and soon after, 2 of these to fill it up.

uberti_1873_cm_charbluepearl.jpg

in .45 Long Colt.

You can be like Clint Eastwood! Don't forget your chewing tobacco so you can spit on the neighborhood dogs! :lol:
More like a Val Kilmer... The pistols will be 4 3/4" barrels so they can be drawn while seated.
I will likely also get a single rig since the guns weigh nearly 3 pounds each loaded.

Well Val Kilmer is no Clint Eastwood, Ernie!!! ;)
But he IS Doc Holliday.

So my computer is put together, but I'm having problems with Linux Mint :(. It doesn't like the video card I got. I finally got it sorted out after way too long, then screwed it up again. Now I'm hoping I don't need to reinstall completely.

So frustrating! Why can't things just work? :p

Good morning everybody. Hope everybody has something good planned for the weekend.

I'm supposed to get the last of the parts for my new PC today, so putting it together and messing with it are my weekend plans......well, that and football, of course! :D

in .45 Long Colt.
Is that a Uberti?

I have a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in .45LC with a 4 3/4" barrel, (like Doc Holiday carried), and I holster that in a cross draw bandoleer with ammo loops.

in .45 Long Colt.

You can be like Clint Eastwood! Don't forget your chewing tobacco so you can spit on the neighborhood dogs! :lol:
"The Outlaw Josey Wales," probably my most favorite movie of all time... :beer:

Well, it appears I won't be able to go to the ghost hunting event. My one good friend that I've known for almost 30 years and trust without question, isn't going to be able to feed my little black and white buddy while I'm gone. He's going to be gone on a fishing trip himself. So, that puts the nix on that. Now I have $356 worth of nonrefundable tickets to sell and hotel reservations to cancel. What a bummer... I was really looking forward to that.

Well, it appears I won't be able to go to the ghost hunting event. My one good friend that I've known for almost 30 years and trust without question, isn't going to be able to feed my little black and white buddy while I'm gone. He's going to be gone on a fishing trip himself. So, that puts the nix on that. Now I have $356 worth of nonrefundable tickets to sell and hotel reservations to cancel. What a bummer... I was really looking forward to that.

Oh that is a shame. Would you consider hiring a pet sitting service? Or maybe boarding him at an excellent cat hotel? Cats are pretty adaptable and that isn't anywhere near as traumatic for them as it is for some dogs. Many provide climbing trees, etc. for the cats.

Check out:
Cedar Dale Pet Resort Dog and Cat Boarding

Home

in .45 Long Colt.
Is that a Uberti?

I have a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in .45LC with a 4 3/4" barrel, (like Doc Holiday carried), and I holster that in a cross draw bandoleer with ammo loops.
Yup. Uberti is my first choice right now, a bit more than a couple made by Piatta, but they get the best reviews.
Once the rig gets here, I'll go visit some pistols with a wad of cash.
I ordered the rig with 2 strong side holsters so I have a couple options if I want to carry just one weapon.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
So my computer is put together, but I'm having problems with Linux Mint :(. It doesn't like the video card I got. I finally got it sorted out after way too long, then screwed it up again. Now I'm hoping I don't need to reinstall completely.

So frustrating! Why can't things just work? :p
Last March (over a year ago) I bought Metal of Honor Warfighter which had to be played on EAs Origin, had nothing but problems playing the game so I pitched a bitch with EA via the BBB and got my money back. Yesterday I reinstalled Origin to give it another try, same problems, well hours later dealing with tech support and finding no solution I finally narrowed it down and discovered the problem myself, it's my high end graphics card on my older system. That triggered my decision to finally upgrade my computer, ordered an AMD Phenom ii x6 processor, a new Gigabyte mobo, 16GBs of DDR 3 RAM, a 4GB NVidia graphics card and a new case, everything else I have.
The DDR 3 2GB card I currently own and the RAM from the computer will go into my wife's desktop.

Forum List

Back