USMB Coffee Shop IV

Why-did-the-chicken-cross-the-road.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

11040630_915987471770168_4406173451397038344_n.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Well, it appears I won't be able to go to the ghost hunting event. My one good friend that I've known for almost 30 years and trust without question, isn't going to be able to feed my little black and white buddy while I'm gone. He's going to be gone on a fishing trip himself. So, that puts the nix on that. Now I have $356 worth of nonrefundable tickets to sell and hotel reservations to cancel. What a bummer... I was really looking forward to that.

Oh that is a shame. Would you consider hiring a pet sitting service? Or maybe boarding him at an excellent cat hotel? Cats are pretty adaptable and that isn't anywhere near as traumatic for them as it is for some dogs. Many provide climbing trees, etc. for the cats.

Check out:
Cedar Dale Pet Resort Dog and Cat Boarding

Home
Well, one of the drawbacks of living out in the middle of nowhere in a little town, there just aren't those types of services around anywhere near, and I wouldn't want to have to drive her 60 or 70 miles away and then dump her off somewhere. She'd think that she'd been abandon, and the thought of that just bothers me. She's always been kind of a skittish little critter, being born outside and all, so I'll spare her the anguish. It's a bummer but, I'd rather have her for company and be saddled with having to have my buddy come in and feed her if go anywhere than not have her at all.

Good morning everybody. Hope everybody has something good planned for the weekend.

12002231_1084376581580152_2424212563945142712_n.jpg

I'm supposed to get the last of the parts for my new PC today, so putting it together and messing with it are my weekend plans......well, that and football, of course! :D
Not building a PC, but getting some new toys myself.
My double cross draw rig (in black) should be here early next week
$(KGrHqRHJCQE8fW7s)6zBPOttUcm8!~~60_35.JPG

and soon after, 2 of these to fill it up.

uberti_1873_cm_charbluepearl.jpg

in .45 Long Colt.
Is that a Uberti?

I have a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in .45LC with a 4 3/4" barrel, (like Doc Holiday carried), and I holster that in a cross draw bandoleer with ammo loops.
Yup. Uberti is my first choice right now, a bit more than a couple made by Piatta, but they get the best reviews.
Once the rig gets here, I'll go visit some pistols with a wad of cash.
I ordered the rig with 2 strong side holsters so I have a couple options if I want to carry just one weapon.
I was very impressed with the build quality of my Ruger Vaquero Birdshead. Seems they put more effort into detail on that pistol than others. The fit and finish is excellent, and it shots like a dream. But as far as reproduction firearms go, you can't beat a Uberti, very nice stuff.

I also bought a Cimarron Repeating Arms, Trapper, rifle in .45LC and manufactured by Uberti. Got a pretty good deal on it at a gun show doing some trading and wheeling and dealing, only to come home and look it up and find out it was worth about double what I got it for. It's worth about $1,300. An absolutely beautiful rifle, shoots nice too.

1873 Trapper 45 Colt, CCH Frame 16

Last edited:
Well, it appears I won't be able to go to the ghost hunting event. My one good friend that I've known for almost 30 years and trust without question, isn't going to be able to feed my little black and white buddy while I'm gone. He's going to be gone on a fishing trip himself. So, that puts the nix on that. Now I have $356 worth of nonrefundable tickets to sell and hotel reservations to cancel. What a bummer... I was really looking forward to that.

Oh that is a shame. Would you consider hiring a pet sitting service? Or maybe boarding him at an excellent cat hotel? Cats are pretty adaptable and that isn't anywhere near as traumatic for them as it is for some dogs. Many provide climbing trees, etc. for the cats.

Check out:
Cedar Dale Pet Resort Dog and Cat Boarding

Home
Well, one of the drawbacks of living out in the middle of nowhere in a little town, there just aren't those types of services around anywhere near, and I wouldn't want to have to drive her 60 or 70 miles away and then dump her off somewhere. She'd think that she'd been abandon, and the thought of that just bothers me. She's always been kind of a skittish little critter, being born outside and all, so I'll spare her the anguish. It's a bummer but, I'd rather have her for company and be saddled with having to have my buddy come in and feed her if go anywhere than not have her at all.

I understand, but I know from experience that she will be fine in one of the better boarding places even if you have to drive her some distance to get to one. If it was a dog with separation anxiety issues, it might be different, but cats are amazingly adaptable creations. And she really would be fine. I hate to see you miss out on something you would enjoy so much and have looked forward to. But in the end, we all have to do what we know we have to do.

And good morning everybody. Have you planned out your day yet? My goal is to clean up my desk area before they send in the intervention team for "Hoarders".

11057647_10153133152348302_4675520723976546704_n.jpg

Foxy! You can take the wife off the list.

So she's reasonably well now? That's great news Ernie.
Yes. She has far more energy. As a matter of fact, enough to go travelling. She's currently with a friend in Central Florida and will be leaving there in a week for South Florida the help our granddaughter plan her wedding.
She has plans after that to head to the Adirondacks for a while. Past that, I don't know, or much care.

I'm supposed to get the last of the parts for my new PC today, so putting it together and messing with it are my weekend plans......well, that and football, of course! :D
Not building a PC, but getting some new toys myself.
My double cross draw rig (in black) should be here early next week
$(KGrHqRHJCQE8fW7s)6zBPOttUcm8!~~60_35.JPG

and soon after, 2 of these to fill it up.

uberti_1873_cm_charbluepearl.jpg

in .45 Long Colt.
Is that a Uberti?

I have a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in .45LC with a 4 3/4" barrel, (like Doc Holiday carried), and I holster that in a cross draw bandoleer with ammo loops.
Yup. Uberti is my first choice right now, a bit more than a couple made by Piatta, but they get the best reviews.
Once the rig gets here, I'll go visit some pistols with a wad of cash.
I ordered the rig with 2 strong side holsters so I have a couple options if I want to carry just one weapon.
When Pietta first came out their reproductions were junk, not so anymore, they're just as good as Uberti but still carry some of the negativity from their original offerings.
Pietta make long guns for Uberti. Their .44-40 Henry replica looks top shelf.
Didn't know that. I've handled their Henry, very, very well made.

We're watching the game, and I think WQ is going to end up making me a Redskins fan. I was born and raised north of Chicago, so spent my childhood rooting for the Bears...I was 17 when they won the Super Bowl. I converted to a Rams fan while living in Missouri, and then cheered for the Panthers while living in NC. Since relocating to Florida, I was never able to get on board with the Bucs, and a lot of that is because they blackout the games. Looking forward to some halftime snacks.:thup:

img_6968_6122.jpg

We're watching the game, and I think WQ is going to end up making me a Redskins fan. I was born and raised north of Chicago, so spent my childhood rooting for the Bears...I was 17 when they won the Super Bowl. I converted to a Rams fan while living in Missouri, and then cheered for the Panthers while living in NC. Since relocating to Florida, I was never able to get on board with the Bucs, and a lot of that is because they blackout the games. Looking forward to some halftime snacks.:thup:

img_6968_6122.jpg

Maybe you should just pick a good team. :p

img_6968_6122.jpg
As long as that's not Velveeta (real fake cheese) I'd probably eat the whole thing........ :D

img_6968_6122.jpg

Maybe you should just pick a good team. :p

I guess I've been a fair-weather fan according to geography, but I'll be happy to cheer alongside WQ.:)

img_6968_6122.jpg
As long as that's not Velveeta (real fake cheese) I'd probably eat the whole thing........ :D

For years I've used no bean chili and...

20120424-queso-tostitos.jpg

It tastes very similar to Chili's skillet queso. However, I happened to come across a kit that was less expensive, plus on sale BOGO, and we all liked it just as well.:thup:

k2-_cf052cad-e2ce-4786-a9f1-81278fb69de0.v1.jpg

Forum List

Back