USMB Coffee Shop IV

Seems my partner blew a wad on a snow machine which I will probably not use and he probably won't, either. Nice to know we have one, though...

Whaaat??? :ack-1: Maybe that phrase means something else in your neck of the woods. :lol:
OK, he spent a bunch of money on something that will be rarely used. I'm aware of the other connotation, but the context supports my alternate usage of the phrase.

Maybe he loves the snow machine? :D

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

647108-f4006.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Cal Worthington
Betcha most don't know who Cal Worthington is except us old folks. :lol:
I remember Cal Worthington (Go see Cal! Go see Cal! Go see Cal!) and his animal commercials from when I was in 1st grade and we were living in Santa Ana! That means long ago, in a universe far away. Of course, his son claims the business now, at least up here.

Good morning everybody. An absolutely positively marvelous early autumn day in Albuquerque. Looking at the long range forecast for the winter, the strong El Nino out there is supposed to give us southwestern southern states below normal temps this winter while those of you in the northern states should have above normal temps. I would imagine that is good news for both of us.

The CPU heatsink/fan showed up yesterday, went to install it today...... too big, would have to permanently remove two RAM sticks so the return label is printed and I ordered one that will fit and is made for my CPU for half the price.

I got a sick bird in the yard. Looks like a wren or a sparrow. It has that trichwhateveritscalled all over half the side of its face. Can't fly either. Been watching this bird for about a week now and knew it was sick but it could still fly. Now it can't. So I caught it, tried to scrape the crap off its face and got one eye cleared but the rest of the side of it's head is nothing but hard scabby tumor things so I just cleaned it up the best I could with a cue tip, put a bit of neosporin on it (no clue if that is bad to do but can't hurt) and released it back in the yard. It is hopping around under the apple tree pecking at bugs and bird seed, and I put a fry pan Mr Gracie was going to scrap as a water dish since it can't fly up to the birdbath for a drink.

I debated on whether to put it out of its misery cuz we have a lot of field mice that catch wild birds as they eat the bird seed I put out for the birds. They catch doves too. And neighborhood cats abound but usually don't come in the yard due to the dogs. We also have raccoons and opossum. But I decided it was not my place to do it. Yet.

That bird hops around the dog without a care in the world..and karma just continues to nap. Now that both eyes are focusing on it, it might do a bit better. But I doubt it. :(

It's Tuesday, and you know what that means! Almost Wednesday which also means . . .

e02363e4a2d097787a1173491140ebf4.jpg

:)
I have to go back to work? Meh:eusa_doh:

I don't. Not that I would rub that in or anything. :)
Yeah Foxy... I was retired a couple years ago. Now, I'm just tired.

Speaking of which, I'm waiting on a delivery. Once that gets here, it's nap time. I have the late shift tonight.

I honestly believe I have been busier since retirement than I was before. At least I never seem to have nothing to do and I am rarely bored. But I don't miss having to be on anybody's schedule but mine unless I want to be; I don't miss the complaints and screw ups and frustrations that come with every job; and I don't miss the stress and obligations. Okay I miss all that lovely extra money a little, but not enough to go back to work. :)

I kinda miss the tourists. They drove me batty, but I met some great folks when I had the shops. I do NOT miss the apartments though.

The CPU heatsink/fan showed up yesterday, went to install it today...... too big, would have to permanently remove two RAM sticks so the return label is printed and I ordered one that will fit and is made for my CPU for half the price.

That's the one real problem with building your own stuff and buying online. Size or compatibility issues are always a danger.

The little one stayed home from school today, second day in a row. She's woken up with a fever both days. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen have worked to reduce the fever, but it's come back. She hasn't felt too bad, thankfully, but mom doesn't want to send her to school feverish. On the plus side, that's meant I've had a couple of days like it was before she started school, with me able to hang with her for the whole day. :)

Careful with aspirin and fever with little ones. Might wanna take her to the doc to make sure it's nothing serious. And ask them about aspirin. Or call your pharmacist.

Forum List

Back