USMB Coffee Shop IV

So my Direct TV receiver went bad. Called Direct TV. They are going to ship me a new one. Takes 2-5 days and I have to pay the shipping fee. Sonabitches. Called them back and said have me a new one in 24 hours or I'm switching providers. Sorry sir, there's nothing we can do. Well there's something I can do. Sonabitches.

We used to have Direct TV......we're now on Cable and don't have to worry about losing connection when it storms.....DirectTV keeps trying to lure us back....no way.

So my bill is 90.00 a month. That's 3.00 per day. I'm going to be without service for maybe 5 days. Just got an email from them they credited my account for 1.20. Had to take the box from the bedroom and put it in the TV room. Oh...and the shipping fee is 20.00. Sonsabitches.

We use Dishnet.
They send us a new box within 2 to 3 days when ours goes out and we don't have to pay for the shipping, plus they credit us for those days we are without TV service.
We get 250 channels for 44.99 a month.

Last edited:
I have cable, too. Rarely do we lose power, but in the most ferocious storms, we have. My monthly bill is $141.00 and that includes high-speed Internet and phone with no fees. Anywhere in the world..no charge. The friendly customer service is 24/7 and superb. Very happy with Charter Cable. Also includes two DVR rentals and service. I have never lost power for over a few hours. They come right out, if they aren't already handling the outage, at it's origin.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Ours is with our local Telephone company.....so when we have a problem they come right away....they have stations close to our neighborhood.

What a day, cool breezes on a warm sunny day, with dark blue skies and puffy white clouds included.

I wonder at times why I've always sucked at small talk but not toooo much or I get a headache...:crybaby:

What a day, what a day.....

Got going this morning and cut the grass....

Jumped in the shower and had lunch with Mrs O. Then drove to Jackson Township and paid for my Brother's wifes grave to be opened so we could lower his ashes down to her. The guy took me over to the cemetery to show me the lay out so i could plan the ceremony as far as where the Rifle squad would be and where everyone could park. And sure enough I forgot to get a receipt. Had to go back to the Township office....

Stopped at the grocery and just got home in time to start on dinner....

Busy days are so much fun......Not.

Jumped in the shower and had lunch with Mrs O. Then drove to Jackson Township and paid for my Brother's wifes grave to be opened so we could lower his ashes down to her. The guy took me over to the cemetery to show me the lay out so i could plan the ceremony as far as where the Rifle squad would be and where everyone could park. And sure enough I forgot to get a receipt. Had to go back to the Township office....

Oh Man, sorry for your loss Ollie.

You are quite a man Ollie, you truly have my respect and admiration.

:salute:

Attachments

• $funny-dumpaday-pictures-131.jpg
    $funny-dumpaday-pictures-131.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 31

Just ask half a dozen or so of the guys around the board. We are NCO's We do what needs to be done.

big-black-dog-albums-pictures-picture6642-rv.jpg

Some days you just want to pull your hair out!!! Getting things ready for the first trip with the new RV most of the morning. Sanitized the water tank, drained it (takes an hour for all the water to run out), refilled the water tank to flush it (took another hour) and then filled the water tank with clean fresh water. Stepped inside to turn the water pump on so I could check the outside shower and came around to notice water gushing out of the area where the hot water heater is. Ran back around and turned the water pump off and then began to investigate. Opened the outside cover of the hot water heater and discovered that somebody had not put the drain plug for the hot water heater back in. It was laying right there... So I put the drain plug back in, went back around and turned the water pump on and this time there was no leak. Check the outside shower and it worked just fine. Wonder why they didn't put the plug back into the hot water heater drain? Betcha somebody went to lunch and simply forgot... Anyway, it's fixed now. You can see the place where the hot water heater is stored. From the front of the RV, it's the first vent on the bottom row as you are walking aft.

Just ask half a dozen or so of the guys around the board. We are NCO's We do what needs to be done.

You're a good man, Ollie.

Some days you just want to pull your hair out!!! Getting things ready for the first trip with the new RV most of the morning. Sanitized the water tank, drained it (takes an hour for all the water to run out), refilled the water tank to flush it (took another hour) and then filled the water tank with clean fresh water. Stepped inside to turn the water pump on so I could check the outside shower and came around to notice water gushing out of the area where the hot water heater is. Ran back around and turned the water pump off and then began to investigate. Opened the outside cover of the hot water heater and discovered that somebody had not put the drain plug for the hot water heater back in. It was laying right there... So I put the drain plug back in, went back around and turned the water pump on and this time there was no leak. Check the outside shower and it worked just fine. Wonder why they didn't put the plug back into the hot water heater drain? Betcha somebody went to lunch and simply forgot... Anyway, it's fixed now. You can see the place where the hot water heater is stored. From the front of the RV, it's the first vent on the bottom row as you are walking aft.

Did you mention where your first trip is going to be? I might have missed it....glad you were able to get it fixed before starting on your trip....:eek:

So my Direct TV receiver went bad. Called Direct TV. They are going to ship me a new one. Takes 2-5 days and I have to pay the shipping fee. Sonabitches. Called them back and said have me a new one in 24 hours or I'm switching providers. Sorry sir, there's nothing we can do. Well there's something I can do. Sonabitches.

We used to have Direct TV......we're now on Cable and don't have to worry about losing connection when it storms.....DirectTV keeps trying to lure us back....no way.
And here I was thinking of going with DirecTV... but after reading what you guys have said... aaaahh... maybe not.

And here I was thinking of going with DirecTV... but after reading what you guys have said... aaaahh... maybe not.

We never did have big problems with DirectTV other than losing the picture whenever it was raining in our area. But, we did have that antennae hanging on the side of our house, so when our phone company offered us Cable along with wi-fi and landline phone (which we already had), it seemed like a good deal and we're very happy with it.

We never did have big problems with DirectTV other than losing the picture whenever it was raining in our area. But, we did have that antennae hanging on the side of our house, so when our phone company offered us Cable along with wi-fi and landline phone (which we already had), it seemed like a good deal and we're very happy with it.
I have Mediacom cable, and I'm very happy with the 30M internet, and the TV picture never goes out, no matter what the weather. It's just that out here in hicksville, Podunk, Wisconsin, all their equipment isn't quite up to date, so some of my TV programming is still analog and I can't use a DVR, although I pay the same as people that do have that. Kinda makes me mad, I'm getting ripped off. That's why I've been thinking of telling Mediacom to stuff their TV. At least with DirecTV I'd have the works. Where you live doesn't make much difference. I'm not real hot on losing the picture every time there's a storm though.

Last edited:

Did you mention where your first trip is going to be? I might have missed it....glad you were able to get it fixed before starting on your trip....:eek:

First trip, a shake-down cruise, will be to Shipshewana, IN on July 5 to the 9th. Taking the wife up there so she can see a play at a dinner theater called "Half-Stitched", to do some shopping at the quilting stores around there, and to generally check out everything prior to our trip to New England in September. Mrs. BBD will shop, sew, and also find some time to relax. I plan to read a couple of books I have been meaning to get read but haven't found the time. When we purchased the RV we purposely selected one that did not have a TV in it. She says I watch enough TV at home... Obviously she isn't a NASCAR fan so watching the race on Sundays will be a difficult task for me... Also NHRA. But, she says I will survive.

Forum List

Back