USMB Coffee Shop IV

This tablet keeps wanting to spell it's own words, I type hull and it changes to pull. I type in won and it spells one ! grrrr..... :)
Turn off auto-correct.........

I did not know you could do that with the kindle.
Do I find that in settings?
Kindle Fire: Enable/Disable Auto-Correction & Capitalization

Thanks Ringel, you are our tech Prince !!!!!
I really haven't gone into how to use this thing fully yet.
Been to busy downloading books,reading them as fast as I can plus making a music list. :biggrin:

I'm serious, I have bought 21 books since Sept. 6th and I'm reading book 21 right now, soon to download book 22. Each book has about 300 to 400 pages.
I'm addicted to books.

Me too. And because Amazon.com e-books are so affordable, most of us can afford as many as we are able to read.

As depressed as I am..I guffawed reading what came out of that damn phone last night. LOL!
I am at the library, doing the CL thing and placing ads begging for a roof, but I can't stay. Time is almost up. Dayum I miss my pc!!! Hell, I miss a KITCHEN! And a real terlet...and a real shower and tub. And tv!!! OMG...I will never take those things for granted again.

Anyway....will be back when I can..probably with more gobbledegoop from that damn cell phone, lol. Be forewarned!

Hugs hugs hugs, DAYUM I miss you guys and hanging out!

More hugs

As depressed as I am..I guffawed reading what came out of that damn phone last night. LOL!
I am at the library, doing the CL thing and placing ads begging for a roof, but I can't stay. Time is almost up. Dayum I miss my pc!!! Hell, I miss a KITCHEN! And a real terlet...and a real shower and tub. And tv!!! OMG...I will never take those things for granted again.

Anyway....will be back when I can..probably with more gobbledegoop from that damn cell phone, lol. Be forewarned!

More hugs

We all miss you too dear lady !

Been to busy downloading books,reading them as fast as I can plus making a music list. :biggrin:

I'm serious, I have bought 21 books since Sept. 6th and I'm reading book 21 right now, soon to download book 22. Each book has about 300 to 400 pages.
I'm addicted to books.

Me too. And because Amazon.com e-books are so affordable, most of us can afford as many as we are able to read.

I've been reading several military special ops books of the guys and their units.
Also Si Fi special ops forces. I love them. :)

More hugs

Hugs back at you Gracie. We're pulling for you here.

I'm addicted to books.

I've been reading several military special ops books of the guys and their units.

Lately I have been reading some old books that I dearly loved decades ago--Airport, Giant, So Big, Hotel, The Good Earth. One of my favorite all time movies is "Out of Africa" and this past year I down loaded her book by the same name. Not a really riveting book or especially well done, but I was fascinated to find a lot of explanations for things that were shown but never explained in the movie, and also whole sections in the book that were quoted verbatim in the movie.

Then there was the aging US Marshall. I was actually toting twin Colt 1873 revolvers in the gun belt you can see. I'll try to find a shot that included one or both.View attachment 96023

1873 colts, were they percussion revolvers?
Cartridge... Among the first center fire cartridge revolvers, They fire the .45 Long Colt round that carries considerably more punch than the .45 ACP cartridge designed for the Colt 1911 semi automatic. The .45 LC when loaded for an 1873 has a bit more punch than the.44 bulldog, but less that a ,44 magnum. (used to carry one of those beasts) The cartridge can be loaded as potently as a .44 magnum, but it's not a good idea to fire that round through a revolver designed in 1873.
Yup, no modern made rounds fired out of original 1873s and some of the reproductions state "black powder loads only" though most of the cartridge reproductions are built to fire modern loads.
Same with muskets, the originals have relatively thin barrel walls, the new ones must meet modern safety requirements and are almost a pound heavier due to the added barrel wall thickness.
Mine are reproductions made to 1873 drawings. The modern steel allows modern loads, but P+P rounds will likely tear them up.

This tablet keeps wanting to spell it's own words, I type hull and it changes to pull. I type in won and it spells one ! grrrr..... :)

I'm addicted to books.

You can get out-of-copyright books for free. This site has a bunch : Project Gutenberg

If you enjoy older books, some of them real classics, you can find many of them there.

More hugs

Mugs, bugs and rugs? What?

I'm addicted to books.

Try John Ringo. He writes a lot of military sci-fi.

I'm addicted to books.

Yes his books are good, I've read some of his series.

I'm addicted to books.

You could also try David Weber. Ringo and Weber wrote the Empire of Man series together, that was a fun read. Weber is usually more focused on larger scale fighting than Ringo, but I prefer Weber as a writer.

Both of them have published a bunch of books through Baen. They have a section of their website with free books as well. Free Library - Categories

12189722_1644872812431923_7070587196112269246_n.jpg

Alive. Learning how to use Obama phone. Will go to library tmorrro and fill u all in. Has not been pleasant. In old neighbors TV right now, Meg asleep. He is falling apart. Karma boot well. I am treating to do this all myself so far. Don't no if I can. Will keep trying. Have stories for you guys though. Some funny... Some scary. Can't sleep... So tried phone and surprised I got onlinBaBaBaBattry low and this thing confusing. Just enters to let yummy know we are hanging in there best we can, and I miss and lover you.
You OK, Gracie? No, really...OK?

More hugs
Hugs backatcha, Gracie!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Wondering where Mr. and Mrs. Gracie are tonight.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFC Ollie,
Kat's mom and her sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

110132.jpg

I'm addicted to books.

You could also try David Weber. Ringo and Weber wrote the Empire of Man series together, that was a fun read. Weber is usually more focused on larger scale fighting than Ringo, but I prefer Weber as a writer.

Both of them have published a bunch of books through Baen. They have a section of their website with free books as well. Free Library - Categories

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.
I like the ones set in the furture with genetically altered space warriors, like inhanced night vision, able to tap into main computers on space stations. :)

Forum List

Back