USMB Coffee Shop IV

As depressed as I am..I guffawed reading what came out of that damn phone last night. LOL!
I am at the library, doing the CL thing and placing ads begging for a roof, but I can't stay. Time is almost up. Dayum I miss my pc!!! Hell, I miss a KITCHEN! And a real terlet...and a real shower and tub. And tv!!! OMG...I will never take those things for granted again.

Anyway....will be back when I can..probably with more gobbledegoop from that damn cell phone, lol. Be forewarned!

Hugs hugs hugs, DAYUM I miss you guys and hanging out!

More hugs

Miss you also Ms Gracie... Pretty fiercely. No one to keep me honest here anymore.. :(

As depressed as I am..I guffawed reading what came out of that damn phone last night. LOL!
I am at the library, doing the CL thing and placing ads begging for a roof, but I can't stay. Time is almost up. Dayum I miss my pc!!! Hell, I miss a KITCHEN! And a real terlet...and a real shower and tub. And tv!!! OMG...I will never take those things for granted again.

Anyway....will be back when I can..probably with more gobbledegoop from that damn cell phone, lol. Be forewarned!

More hugs

Miss you also Ms Gracie... Pretty fiercely. No one to keep me honest here anymore.. :(

upload_2016-11-2_20-3-24.png

More hugs

View attachment 96514

Yeppers. Us mice need a good cat to keep us on our toes!!! Gracie always smacks me around just enough to come to my senses !!! :eusa_dance:

I'm so sorry to learn of SFC Ollie's lose. He is a grand gentleman and will surely miss his wife and companion. I was lucky enough to actually meet Ollie in real life as we live about thirty five miles away from one another. He spoke of Mary with great affection. God rest her soul and give our friend Ollie the resilience to carry on in her absence.

More hugs

Hey.....I thought I was doing that now! :D

Seriously though, Ollie is doing pretty well...all things considered.

Back in the black and white days of the Eisenhower administration, when television stations broadcast twelve hours a day and newspaper circulation was at its height, there were no supermarkets here in my hometown. Instead there were neighborhood groceries. Every neighborhood had a few of them. A green grocer selling fresh vegetables and fruits and, at Christmas, nuts and candies. A butcher shop where ground beef was just a few cents a pound and veal chops might cost you fifty cents a pound. And a dry goods store where you could buy
the Tenderleaf tea balls Fred Allen told you about on the radio, Lucky Strike cigarettes like Jack Benny told you about. LSMFT, Lucky Strike means fine tobacco. Even the Johnson's Wax sold by Fibber Magee and Molly.

If you knew about the little neighborhood stores, you knew the proprietor and if Mom gave you a dollar to 'run down and buy a can of Ajax', he wouldn't tempt you into spending the change on a box of Good 'n Plenty. He also knew when pay day rolled around and if this order goes on the tab.

I mention these old neighborhood institutions because one of the buildings housing my neighborhood grocer was torn down today. I drove by as the crew exposed the skeleton of the two story corner building. Store on the street level, apartment on the second floor. I stopped and watched for a while. Then I saw the screen door that once adorned the front door of the store. Lo and behold, it still had the tin Chesterfield Kings bracket that served as a place to push the door open. How many times had my little hand pushed that sign? How many Clark Bars and Bun Bars were in my hands on the way out?

I had my first can of Coca Cola there. Until that day, Coke was purchased by the glass bottle from the vending machine inside. That machine kept the sofa cold by circulating chilled water around the bottles as they hung from a serpentine rack. A dime released the lock and you slid your bottle around that rack until 'Click' and the bottle of pop was in your hand. What a unique experience it was to pull the tab on a steel can! The pull tab was discarded on the sidewalk to pose a threat to the kids without shoes on a hot summer day.

When I was born there were 48 stars on the flag, nothing had been flung high enough to go into earth orbit, TV signals were teased out of the air by means of rabbit ears, sometimes wrapped in tin foil, and you didn't push a shopping buggy around in a well lighted store with wide aisles and abundant selections. And there was a tab you could tell Mr. Gibson Mom said to put the cost of the can of Ajax on.

Last edited:

More hugs

Shhhh.. Gracie will be mad.. :eek: When he's receptive to the idea -- we might have to all go over to "his place" and hang out..

More hugs

Shhhh.. Gracie will be mad.. :eek: When he's receptive to the idea -- we might have to all go over to "his place" and hang out..

LOL She knows I am holding down the fort until she returns. I miss her too!!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Wondering where Mr. and Mrs. Gracie are tonight and I know all our hearts are with SFC Ollie and his family.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
SFC Ollie and his family in the loss of his Mary,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

BEST-RAINBOW-PHOTOS-EVER-06.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

Wondering where Mr. and Mrs. Gracie are tonight and I know all our hearts are with SFC Ollie and his family.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Imperius,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
SFC Ollie and his family in the loss of his Mary,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all others who need to find their way back.

BEST-RAINBOW-PHOTOS-EVER-06.jpg

Love that pic!

More hugs

LOL She knows I am holding down the fort until she returns. I miss her too!!

I'm kind of worried about her.

Forum List

Back