🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

The nausea Ernie S., that is usually due to some medication that isn't agreeing with you. I would call the doc and mention it. He might know what the culprit is immediately and be able to change it. You sure don't need that on top of everything else.

OK...6 pages behind. Not awake enough right now to try to catch up. Partner's' mom/mom in law just about ready to serve breakfast. Therapy this afternoon. Progress is slow and pain levels barely manageable. Nauseous most of the time and bored to tears. Other than that, I'm fine.

The key is keeping yourself occupied with something you like doing.
Do you do reloading like shot gun shells?
Just an example.
The pain will eventually get better each day and will become more manageable.
You are still in our prayers Ernie. :)

OK...6 pages behind. Not awake enough right now to try to catch up. Partner's' mom/mom in law just about ready to serve breakfast. Therapy this afternoon. Progress is slow and pain levels barely manageable. Nauseous most of the time and bored to tears. Other than that, I'm fine.
REALLY strong peppermint tea will help your nausea; it has a smooth muscle relaxant. It has to be peppermint, and get tea with the highest percentage of peppermint you can find. Celestial Seasons Peppermint Tea is good--100% peppermint. Let it steep a long time--5 minutes (if you don't have a teapot, just cover your cup while it steeps to keep it hot). Drink two mugs full right in a row. It may not be strong enough to cure you, but it will help some.
Poor Ernie, you probably fell asleep half way through this, so have your caretaker read it before he/she goes shopping.

Makes you want to kick the idiot that says pain is weakness leaving the body.

Ernie these tasty little morsels are sold on Amazon... Best thing I have ever run into for queasy stomach... Hey 900 billion Chinese can't all be wrong...

upload_2017-3-13_13-5-9.png

:ack-1:
Tried to find a wiccan/magik/hippie shop today here and nope...not a one. Housemate said there used to be one, but the lady was hounded out by the christians that dominate this little village. So....no place to buy essential oils, incense, crystals, tarot cards, books about reincarnation, etc unless I drive to Chico. He also said his friend's niece is debating on opening such a shop but is hesitant due to what happened to the last lady. I said "tell her to do it. I will shop there and I will help her if she wants me to".

I think there are more churches here than the whole of california. Every street has a church from what I have seen.:eek-52:
Which is fine. But dayum! To deliberately run this lady off for selling "devil stuff" is mind boggling.

Amazon sells everything. I got a book on reincarnation from them and another one on what happens in the afterlife between lives. Am I going to get banned?

Not to start a discussion about it, because that would be outside coffee shop rules. But I just wondered if the book you got was called 'life in the world unseen'

I have 3 books by Michael Newton, Memories of the Afterlife, Journey of Souls, and Destiny of Souls. Something to ponder. Also have a book about reincarnation that I can't find right now (we recently moved), when cases of reincarnation were investigated. Weird stuff when a kid can remember places he's never been or people he never met.
I believe there is a lot we don't understand. It's good to keep an open mind.

I think we should all have an open mind about most things. And I'm not real cool about sitting in judgement of anyone else's beliefs as long as they aren't harming anyone else. I'm thinking about getting a book about Wicca just to learn something. Rest easy though, I promise not to cast any spells on anyone.

Tried to find a wiccan/magik/hippie shop today here and nope...not a one. Housemate said there used to be one, but the lady was hounded out by the christians that dominate this little village. So....no place to buy essential oils, incense, crystals, tarot cards, books about reincarnation, etc unless I drive to Chico. He also said his friend's niece is debating on opening such a shop but is hesitant due to what happened to the last lady. I said "tell her to do it. I will shop there and I will help her if she wants me to".

I think there are more churches here than the whole of california. Every street has a church from what I have seen.:eek-52:
Which is fine. But dayum! To deliberately run this lady off for selling "devil stuff" is mind boggling.

Amazon sells everything. I got a book on reincarnation from them and another one on what happens in the afterlife between lives. Am I going to get banned?

Not to start a discussion about it, because that would be outside coffee shop rules. But I just wondered if the book you got was called 'life in the world unseen'

I have 3 books by Michael Newton, Memories of the Afterlife, Journey of Souls, and Destiny of Souls. Something to ponder. Also have a book about reincarnation that I can't find right now (we recently moved), when cases of reincarnation were investigated. Weird stuff when a kid can remember places he's never been or people he never met.

I think we should all have an open mind about most things. And I'm not real cool about sitting in judgement of anyone else's beliefs as long as they aren't harming anyone else. I'm thinking about getting a book about Wicca just to learn something. Rest easy though, I promise not to cast any spells on anyone.
We have a few witches here, I'm told. Not sure they're Wiccans, though. You'll meet them if you hang around.

Wiccans revere nature. They don't cast spells.
Yes, reading is a good start. Once you can connect with what tickles your ear, you will find yourself on many paths. All of mine lead to one entity, but that is not for a discussion here in the CS.

I was just chatting about my difficulty in finding a store here that sells what I prefer to have around me at home. :)

It is SO cold here today. It's windy and freezing. We are supposed to get a snowstorm on Tuesday. Winter is still in full swing here!

I have been watching the storm develop--looks like Big Black Dog and saveliberty and our other upper mid westerners are catching it now or will be soon, and its all headed straight into your area. Meanwhile the crocus, daffodils and early tulips are up and blooming here, all the trees have budded and many are showing spring green. Absolutely gorgeous shirt sleeve weather which is going to make it even more brutal as we are almost certain to have at least one more winter blast.

We are supposed to get hit hard, like a foot of snow.

Winter Storm Warning in Massachusetts
Active for next 1 day ·
National Weather Service
This alert has been updated.

Posted 5 hours ago
WINTER Storm Warning REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 1 PM EDT TUESDAY...

BLIZZARD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...

• Locations: Eastern Massachusetts.
  • Hazard types: Heavy snow and the potential for blizzard conditions.
  • Accumulations: Snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches.
  • Timing: Snow begins between 5 and 7 AM Tuesday morning. The snow will quickly become heavy with 2 to 4 inch per hour snowfall rates possible at times, especially through early afternoon Tuesday.
  • IMPACTS: Dangerous travel conditions due to near whiteout conditions at times and snow covered roads, especially late Tuesday morning through early Tuesday afternoon. Strong winds may result in isolated power outages.
  • Winds: Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
  • Visibilities: One quarter mile or less at times.

Definitely stay at home with lots of hot chocolate and popcorn weather.

I think, two-three bottles of red portwein wouldn't be extra :)

The snow is strange today. Been pretty steady all day, but the parking lot has less snow than when I got to work this morning. Twenty three degrees currently.

I completed installing the last of the 'smart' switches in the Great hall Saturday. My robotic overlord, Alexa, can now turn on and off the lights in my east and north bay windows, brighten and dim the track lighting over the fireplace and my television set, turn on and dim or brighten the track lighting in my bedroom as well as a table lamp there, and control the HVAC system.

I want to get four more 'smart switches' to control the lights in the foyer and front portico as well as the exterior lights on the west portico and the back door. Two 3 way motion detectors for the basement lights and four 4 foot LED shop light replacement fixtures for the eight foot long fluorescent fixtures in the basement. All those upgrades will run me a whopping $500!

The George Jetson lifestyle ain't cheap, nor is it going to happen all at once. The Nosmo King lifestyle calls for an investment at the local greenhouses later next month.

It snowed this morning until just after 0800. Then it stopped and the sun came out nice and pretty. Then about 1630 it began to snow again and is still snowing. How about a little mercy here. I'm ready for spring already!

Wednesday afternoon my brother and sister-in-law depart for sunny Florida for a week. They deserve a get-away. They both work so hard, and my sister-in-law's mother has been committed to an Alzheimer's facility. They are off to visit my sister-in-law's sister living in the Orlando area. The Pirates, meanwhile, have Spring Training games set while they're down there, but all the games during that week are in Bradenton.

Their dog, Teddy gets dropped off at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate for the duration of their trip. Those of you fortunate enough to have young children in your lives may be familiar with a character in the Disney version of A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh series, Tigger. Tigger is a tiger who is overly enthusiastic about everything. His tail is a spring and he bounces on it from distraction to distraction. He is boisterous and loud and disruptive and fun beyond control.

Teddy makes Tigger look comatose.

And so his extended visit with me and Daisy the Mutt begins. How those two will get along at my house without my supervision is anyone's guess. Daisy's routine is to stay in my bed until 10:30 or so, stagger out into the Great Hall, maybe lap up some water, then take her place on whatever is the softest for a three hour nap. Then, I assume, she has breakfast. Time for another nap until I get home around 4:30. Then a walk in the park, some fetch and play, a late dinner, curl up on my lap for the attention she believes she deserves, then bedtime.

Good luck with that plan, Daisy!

Carly the mighty mini doxie will be living with us for a few days later this week. Our routine changes quite a bit while she is around. :)

Those are cute dogs. :)

imagejpg1.jpg

Daisy's natural state.

Awww! She is just precious! :)

Getting tired of trying to walk Karma in the new neighborhood and loose mean dogs are unaccompanied by owners and chase us. I take a big stick now. Tomorrow, I plan to make a pointy end. I love dogs. But I will kill one that tried to hurt her...or me. 3 nights in a row now, loose dogs have came at us. Each time, I waved my stick and they backed off..thankfully. But its getting old, this shit.

Meanwhile, I was chatting with a lady two days ago at the thrift shop and she was just crazy about Karma and said she wants another dog because hers died some time back but when she goes to the pound or no kill shelter...its all pit bulls. So I wonder what the fuck is the deal about this town being pit happy? Buncha duck dynasty castoffs needing mean dogs to guard their meth labs or something?

I'm ready to go home. But I won't until a house is available. Meanwhile..no more walks in the neighborhood. We will stick to the back and front yard..and my pointy staff.

Getting tired of trying to walk Karma in the new neighborhood and loose mean dogs are unaccompanied by owners and chase us. I take a big stick now. Tomorrow, I plan to make a pointy end. I love dogs. But I will kill one that tried to hurt her...or me. 3 nights in a row now, loose dogs have came at us. Each time, I waved my stick and they backed off..thankfully. But its getting old, this shit.

Meanwhile, I was chatting with a lady two days ago at the thrift shop and she was just crazy about Karma and said she wants another dog because hers died some time back but when she goes to the pound or no kill shelter...its all pit bulls. So I wonder what the fuck is the deal about this town being pit happy? Buncha duck dynasty castoffs needing mean dogs to guard their meth labs or something?

I'm ready to go home. But I won't until a house is available. Meanwhile..no more walks in the neighborhood. We will stick to the back and front yard..and my pointy staff.

Apply for dog catcher.

Forum List

Back