🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

It is SO cold here today. It's windy and freezing. We are supposed to get a snowstorm on Tuesday. Winter is still in full swing here!

I have been watching the storm develop--looks like Big Black Dog and saveliberty and our other upper mid westerners are catching it now or will be soon, and its all headed straight into your area. Meanwhile the crocus, daffodils and early tulips are up and blooming here, all the trees have budded and many are showing spring green. Absolutely gorgeous shirt sleeve weather which is going to make it even more brutal as we are almost certain to have at least one more winter blast.

We are supposed to get hit hard, like a foot of snow.

Winter Storm Warning in Massachusetts
Active for next 1 day ·
National Weather Service
This alert has been updated.

Posted 5 hours ago
WINTER Storm Warning REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 1 PM EDT TUESDAY...

BLIZZARD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...

• Locations: Eastern Massachusetts.
  • Hazard types: Heavy snow and the potential for blizzard conditions.
  • Accumulations: Snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches.
  • Timing: Snow begins between 5 and 7 AM Tuesday morning. The snow will quickly become heavy with 2 to 4 inch per hour snowfall rates possible at times, especially through early afternoon Tuesday.
  • IMPACTS: Dangerous travel conditions due to near whiteout conditions at times and snow covered roads, especially late Tuesday morning through early Tuesday afternoon. Strong winds may result in isolated power outages.
  • Winds: Northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
  • Visibilities: One quarter mile or less at times.

It is SO cold here today. It's windy and freezing. We are supposed to get a snowstorm on Tuesday. Winter is still in full swing here!

I have been watching the storm develop--looks like Big Black Dog and saveliberty and our other upper mid westerners are catching it now or will be soon, and its all headed straight into your area. Meanwhile the crocus, daffodils and early tulips are up and blooming here, all the trees have budded and many are showing spring green. Absolutely gorgeous shirt sleeve weather which is going to make it even more brutal as we are almost certain to have at least one more winter blast.

Active for next 1 day ·
National Weather Service

Posted 5 hours ago

• Timing: Snow begins between 5 and 7 AM Tuesday morning. The snow will quickly become heavy with 2 to 4 inch per hour snowfall rates possible at times, especially through early afternoon Tuesday.
  • IMPACTS: Dangerous travel conditions due to near whiteout conditions at times and snow covered roads, especially late Tuesday morning through early Tuesday afternoon. Strong winds may result in isolated power outages.
Hope you won't have to travel in it, Chris.

Active for next 1 day ·
National Weather Service

Posted 5 hours ago

Hope you won't have to travel in it, Chris.

I hope I don't lose power! That's my biggest concern.

It's time for March Madness and while my beloved alma mater, The Ohio State University will not be participating in this year's NCAA tournament, my brother's alma mater Kent State University is! They are playing UCLA in the first round. Is UCLA a good basketball school? Are they within the grasp of the Kent State Golden Flashes?

I know. It's like Notre Dame playing The Little Sisters of the Poor in college football. Sherwin Williams Li'l Painters Little League team playing the New York Yankees. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to wait for April and opening day of baseball season and The master's in Augusta and the beginning of the Stanley Cup playoffs before we can root enthusiastically for local sports again.

Active for next 1 day ·
National Weather Service

Posted 5 hours ago

Definitely stay at home with lots of hot chocolate and popcorn weather.

It's time for March Madness and while my beloved alma mater, The Ohio State University will not be participating in this year's NCAA tournament, my brother's alma mater Kent State University is! They are playing UCLA in the first round. Is UCLA a good basketball school? Are they within the grasp of the Kent State Golden Flashes?

I know. It's like Notre Dame playing The Little Sisters of the Poor in college football. Sherwin Williams Li'l Painters Little League team playing the New York Yankees. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to wait for April and opening day of baseball season and The master's in Augusta and the beginning of the Stanley Cup playoffs before we can root enthusiastically for local sports again.

Our New Mexico Lobos got knocked out (by 3 pts) in the opening round of the Mountain State Tourney too, and despite a pretty good season, I don't think we're important enough to get a bid since we didn't win our conference or the tournament. But next year. . .

OK...6 pages behind. Not awake enough right now to try to catch up. Partner's' mom/mom in law just about ready to serve breakfast. Therapy this afternoon. Progress is slow and pain levels barely manageable. Nauseous most of the time and bored to tears. Other than that, I'm fine.

OK...6 pages behind. Not awake enough right now to try to catch up. Partner's' mom/mom in law just about ready to serve breakfast. Therapy this afternoon. Progress is slow and pain levels barely manageable. Nauseous most of the time and bored to tears. Other than that, I'm fine.
icon_frown.gif

I hope things will be better as soon as possible for you Ernie :smiliehug:

Something I posted to FaceBook:

We all have a bunch of friends who love us as long as our cash holds out, and a few who would buy us a pack of smokes when we're broke, but I have friends that will take several hours from their day to load my help-less ass in a van, drive me home and carry me in the house.
I have friends who will drop everything to come and find my lost lighter or make me a cup of coffee.
Hell I have a friend that will stop everything and empty a half liter of pee from my urinal and not lose her place in the conversation.

I am blessed!

Today I got someone in to shampoo my hair. I believe the last of the concrete dust is out.

Yes, those who have friends who are there for them in the worst of times are truly blessed. But do you have a friend or companion who is there around the clock for now? I worry about you.
I'm rarely alone for more than a few hours except over night. There are a couple in the guest house who see me a lot and can be here in seconds if I need them.

We all have a bunch of friends who love us as long as our cash holds out, and a few who would buy us a pack of smokes when we're broke, but I have friends that will take several hours from their day to load my help-less ass in a van, drive me home and carry me in the house.
I have friends who will drop everything to come and find my lost lighter or make me a cup of coffee.
Hell I have a friend that will stop everything and empty a half liter of pee from my urinal and not lose her place in the conversation.

I am blessed!

Today I got someone in to shampoo my hair. I believe the last of the concrete dust is out.

Yes, those who have friends who are there for them in the worst of times are truly blessed. But do you have a friend or companion who is there around the clock for now? I worry about you.
I'm rarely alone for more than a few hours except over night. There are a couple in the guest house who see me a lot and can be here in seconds if I need them.

Must be terrible being laid up like that. Play some games, watch some movies, try to pass the time. Hope you are up on your feet sooner rather than later, Ernie! :)

Wednesday afternoon my brother and sister-in-law depart for sunny Florida for a week. They deserve a get-away. They both work so hard, and my sister-in-law's mother has been committed to an Alzheimer's facility. They are off to visit my sister-in-law's sister living in the Orlando area. The Pirates, meanwhile, have Spring Training games set while they're down there, but all the games during that week are in Bradenton.

Their dog, Teddy gets dropped off at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate for the duration of their trip. Those of you fortunate enough to have young children in your lives may be familiar with a character in the Disney version of A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh series, Tigger. Tigger is a tiger who is overly enthusiastic about everything. His tail is a spring and he bounces on it from distraction to distraction. He is boisterous and loud and disruptive and fun beyond control.

Teddy makes Tigger look comatose.

And so his extended visit with me and Daisy the Mutt begins. How those two will get along at my house without my supervision is anyone's guess. Daisy's routine is to stay in my bed until 10:30 or so, stagger out into the Great Hall, maybe lap up some water, then take her place on whatever is the softest for a three hour nap. Then, I assume, she has breakfast. Time for another nap until I get home around 4:30. Then a walk in the park, some fetch and play, a late dinner, curl up on my lap for the attention she believes she deserves, then bedtime.

Good luck with that plan, Daisy!

Wednesday afternoon my brother and sister-in-law depart for sunny Florida for a week. They deserve a get-away. They both work so hard, and my sister-in-law's mother has been committed to an Alzheimer's facility. They are off to visit my sister-in-law's sister living in the Orlando area. The Pirates, meanwhile, have Spring Training games set while they're down there, but all the games during that week are in Bradenton.

Their dog, Teddy gets dropped off at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate for the duration of their trip. Those of you fortunate enough to have young children in your lives may be familiar with a character in the Disney version of A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh series, Tigger. Tigger is a tiger who is overly enthusiastic about everything. His tail is a spring and he bounces on it from distraction to distraction. He is boisterous and loud and disruptive and fun beyond control.

And so his extended visit with me and Daisy the Mutt begins. How those two will get along at my house without my supervision is anyone's guess. Daisy's routine is to stay in my bed until 10:30 or so, stagger out into the Great Hall, maybe lap up some water, then take her place on whatever is the softest for a three hour nap. Then, I assume, she has breakfast. Time for another nap until I get home around 4:30. Then a walk in the park, some fetch and play, a late dinner, curl up on my lap for the attention she believes she deserves, then bedtime.

Carly the mighty mini doxie will be living with us for a few days later this week. Our routine changes quite a bit while she is around. :)

I am blessed!

That's good to know. But I still worry about you. :)

Carly the mighty mini doxie will be living with us for a few days later this week. Our routine changes quite a bit while she is around. :)

Those are cute dogs. :)

So sorry Ernie. Wish there was something more to do than just care. :(

Those are cute dogs. :)

imagejpg1.jpg

Daisy's natural state.

Woke up this morning to about 3 inches of snow. Looks like another days close to the coffee pot!
The weather guessers are calling for 1"-3" today with an additional 1"-3" tonight. That means either we wake up to two inches tomorrow or a foot and a half.

Mid march snow. Let's hope that the apple growers don't get bit by this immoral weather. It's been in the sixties and seventies up until now.

Forum List

Back