USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been east,
South East is next !
Gotta see plantations, Mardi Gras, forts and civil war sites! :)
You do know that Mardi Gras started in Mobile, right?

Yes, but I still want to see old town New Orleans and their Mardi Gras. :)
It's about original buildings that I like to see.
Here in AZ. it's the birdcage theater and original court house in Tombstone.
Copper Queen hotel in Bisbee, I like original sites. :)

I do want to see Fort Morgan near Foley and the Foley Depot & Railroad museum and if the 50's dinner if it's still around with it's soda fountain.
Fort Morgan is about 15 miles from here and the soda fountain and train museum are within walking distance of Doc Hollidays. The museum is about 200 yards from the front door and Stacey's Drug and Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.
Been east,
South East is next !
Gotta see plantations, Mardi Gras, forts and civil war sites! :)

I do want to see Fort Morgan near Foley and the Foley Depot & Railroad museum and if the 50's dinner if it's still around with it's soda fountain.
Fort Morgan is a cool place. It's roughly 15 miles from Doc's but the railway museum is only 200 yards and Stacy's Drug and Olde Time Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Well if we can travel we could fly and rent a car.
We would have to stay at a condo or cottage with a kitchen to cook hubbies diet he's on. Maybe stay like on a Fri. thru Sun. and fly back Mon.

Guess where I'll be hanging out most of the time besides the soda fountain and your bar, while we're there?
I had no idea something like that would be so close to Docs. :)
We're one of 2 bars in the down town area.
I don't know what your budget is, but you can spent 3 or 4 hundred a night for a condo on the beach, but if you're anything like me and think of a hotel as nothing more than a place to sleep, there's this a couple miles south of Doc's and 4 or 5 miles north of the beach:

https://www.trivago.com/?iPathId=59650&bDispMoreFilter=false&aDateRange[arr]=2017-08-27&aDateRange[dep]=2017-08-28&aCategoryRange=0,1,2,3,4,5&iRoomType=7&sOrderBy=relevance desc&aPartner=&aOverallLiking=1,2,3,4,5&iOffset=0&iLimit=25&iIncludeAll=0&bTopDealsOnly=false&iViewType=0&aPriceRange[to]=0&aPriceRange[from]=0&aPathList=59650&aGeoCode[lng]=-87.683846&aGeoCode[lat]=30.401897&f[255]=1&bIsSeoPage=false&aHotelTestClassifier=&bSharedRooms=false&bIsSitemap=false&rp=&cpt=5965003&iFilterTab=1&

I was looking at this place. It looks nice and is very affordable.
We like it quiet. :)

Have you heard anything about these little cottages?
It looks lovely, plus it's big enough for you and any of your friends who might want to hang out with us there for like lunches and dinners.
Kayaker Haven and Riverside Retreat! - VRBO

Or this place looks nice
Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bath Condo located sh... - VRBO

Last edited:

Fort Morgan is about 15 miles from here and the soda fountain and train museum are within walking distance of Doc Hollidays. The museum is about 200 yards from the front door and Stacey's Drug and Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.

Fort Morgan is a cool place. It's roughly 15 miles from Doc's but the railway museum is only 200 yards and Stacy's Drug and Olde Time Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

We would have to stay at a condo or cottage with a kitchen to cook hubbies diet he's on. Maybe stay like on a Fri. thru Sun. and fly back Mon.

Guess where I'll be hanging out most of the time besides the soda fountain and your bar, while we're there?
I don't know what your budget is, but you can spent 3 or 4 hundred a night for a condo on the beach, but if you're anything like me and think of a hotel as nothing more than a place to sleep, there's this a couple miles south of Doc's and 4 or 5 miles north of the beach:

https://www.trivago.com/?iPathId=59650&bDispMoreFilter=false&aDateRange[arr]=2017-08-27&aDateRange[dep]=2017-08-28&aCategoryRange=0,1,2,3,4,5&iRoomType=7&sOrderBy=relevance desc&aPartner=&aOverallLiking=1,2,3,4,5&iOffset=0&iLimit=25&iIncludeAll=0&bTopDealsOnly=false&iViewType=0&aPriceRange[to]=0&aPriceRange[from]=0&aPathList=59650&aGeoCode[lng]=-87.683846&aGeoCode[lat]=30.401897&f[255]=1&bIsSeoPage=false&aHotelTestClassifier=&bSharedRooms=false&bIsSitemap=false&rp=&cpt=5965003&iFilterTab=1&

It looks lovely, plus it's big enough for you and any of your friends who might want to hang out with us there for like lunches and dinners.

Or this place looks nice

Both look amazing to me--love the second one if that is the real deal, and rates similar to what you pay for a Motel 6 in the big cities. Awesome.

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Or this place looks nice

Both look amazing to me--love the second one if that is the real deal, and rates similar to what you pay for a Motel 6 in the big cities. Awesome.

I know, I was looking at them last year going from 130.00 to 150.00 really nice and reasonable.
But we must stay in places where I can cook.
He will be on this diet for the rest of his life.
He asked the doc what restaurants he could eat at.
Doc said good luck finding one. :)
The only one in town he can find for breakfast is the Dennys , turkey bacon, dry fried hash browns, egg whites, one dry piece of toast with sugar free orange juice.

There was a small regional airline in Florida back in the mid 1980s that suffered a crash at the Miami airport. The plane took off but fell back to earth at the end of the runway. There just wasn't enough fuel loaded before that fated plane taxied away from the loading gate.

On December 18th, 1986 I was living in Sarasota. That was the day I found out that I had both the means and the time to take a Christmas vacation at home. With just four days to spare, I scrambled to arrange my flight back to Pittsburgh. Before the Internet, I phoned travel agencies to help give me a white Christmas.

I got set up with a flight from Sarasota to Tampa, from Tampa to Charlottesville North Carolina, from Charlottesville to Greater Pittsburgh International Airport and home.

The first leg of my Christmas exodus was via that same small regional Florida airline that crashed due to inadequate fuel supply.

I walked to the small plane parked on the tarmac and was greeted by a young man holding a clipboard. The clipboard had a sheath of papers as thick as a Sears catalog. He thumbed through the paperwork, looked up and smiled. "You must be Nosmo! I'm your pilot. Call me Bob."

"Hi Bob! I am Nosmo. Can I sit anywhere?"

"Sure!" answered Pilot Bob "You're the only one aboard today."

I've flown on everything from a 747 to a powered hang glider. From Piper Cubs as a skydiver to a Leer jet as a commuting engineer. But I was never as apprehensive about boarding a plane as I was climbing onto Pilot Bob's airplane. We taxied from the 'gate' at Sarasota Bradenton airport and soon we were aloft. We flew north to Tampa. From the left side of the plane I could see the worksite for the new Sunshine Skyway bridge. They were building a 'harp' bridge across the mouth of Tampa Bay. The old bridge was a pair of truss bridges that was struck by an errant barge damaging it irreparably.

Being an engineer, I was anxious to see the site from the air. My eyes were fixed out the window when I heard a loud "CLANK!" followed by a grinding sound louder than the drone of the engines. Atop the left wing, a metal cover of sorts was sticking straight up and vibrating wildly!

"Oh, Bob. I think there's a problem on the port side Wing."

"Oh, that's the fuel cap cover!" replied Pilot Bob calmly "It comes loose on just about every flight."

This isn't the kind of news that inspires confidence. My mind was racing!

"Damn!" I thought "If I die at Christmas time my funeral will have Christmas decorations! My family will be reminded of my passing and the ruination of Christmas forever!"

We landed at Tampa. When I disembarked I was greeted by a lovely young woman holding a clipboard overloaded with paperwork. She thumbed through it, looked up and smiled. "You must be Nosmo! Welcome to Tampa!"
Just be glad the pilot didn't have you crawl out on the wing and re-latch it..........

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Or this place looks nice

I know, I was looking at them last year going from 130.00 to 150.00 really nice and reasonable.
The only one in town he can find for breakfast is the Dennys , turkey bacon, dry fried hash browns, egg whites, one dry piece of toast with sugar free orange juice.

I understand but those places you linked seemed tailor made for doing your own meals.

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Or this place looks nice
The first place is very close to my partners' place in an area called Bon Secour. It's right on the Bon Secour river. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute drive from Doc's.
The second place is very close to Tanger Outlets (mall), close to Owa, our new amusement park that is partially open for about 3 weeks and 2 miles, maybe 4 minutes from Doc's.
images

Especially thinking of Hossfly tonight and hope all is well or at least much improved with him.

Good night darlinks,

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Hossfly's knee surgery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, and all others we hope will return.

And all the many expressions of the monsoon continue in the desert southwest.

f0269370705e4a05f68976b6b7748a96

I think you can take us off the list, Foxy. Thank you for leaving us on there for so long. And thank you to everyone that kept us in your prayers. This is home now, I believe, and we have a roof (soon to be a brand new one cuz housemate hired roofers to put on a brand new one..they will be here in October), we have an awesome wall heater, we have a place to shower and cook food and I have semi settled down to being a mountain gal. Health for both of us is the usual with nothing really bad happening (knock on wood), and I get my Dog Fix 3 times a week without having to stress over the welfare of them. So...looking good on this end FINALLY. I hope it continues. And, its not so hot lately. Its 76 degrees right now and I have my window open with a nice breeze whipping by and it sounds like ocean waves.

Meanwhile peach174 , looks like the inlaws will be Bensonites, lol. They declined the roach infested home in Pearce, found out the lady was taking them for a ride along with her chariot of cockroaches, and they found a nice 2 bedroom manufactured home in Benson and will be moving in tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Especially thinking of Hossfly tonight and hope all is well or at least much improved with him.

Good night darlinks,

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Hossfly's knee surgery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, and all others we hope will return.

And all the many expressions of the monsoon continue in the desert southwest.

f0269370705e4a05f68976b6b7748a96

Awesome!!!

I think you can take us off the list, Foxy. Thank you for leaving us on there for so long. And thank you to everyone that kept us in your prayers. This is home now, I believe, and we have a roof (soon to be a brand new one cuz housemate hired roofers to put on a brand new one..they will be here in October), we have an awesome wall heater, we have a place to shower and cook food and I have semi settled down to being a mountain gal. Health for both of us is the usual with nothing really bad happening (knock on wood), and I get my Dog Fix 3 times a week without having to stress over the welfare of them. So...looking good on this end FINALLY. I hope it continues. And, its not so hot lately. Its 76 degrees right now and I have my window open with a nice breeze whipping by and it sounds like ocean waves.

Meanwhile peach174 , looks like the inlaws will be Bensonites, lol. They declined the roach infested home in Pearce, found out the lady was taking them for a ride along with her chariot of cockroaches, and they found a nice 2 bedroom manufactured home in Benson and will be moving in tomorrow. :)

Gracie excellent that you seem to be getting some well deserved peace.

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Or this place looks nice
The first place is very close to my partners' place in an area called Bon Secour. It's right on the Bon Secour river. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute drive from Doc's.
The second place is very close to Tanger Outlets (mall), close to Owa, our new amusement park that is partially open for about 3 weeks and 2 miles, maybe 4 minutes from Doc's.
images

Ernie, how big is that amusement part going to be?

Oh and Ernie S., do you know about the underground tunnel here in Foley?

Did you know that Foley, Alabama has a secret tunnel under the city – watch the [video] and see why [old photographs] – Alabama Pioneers

peach174 you don't want a place overlooking the gulf?? Nothing better than sitting on the balcony, listening to the waves, the seagulls, and watching the dolphins.

Last edited:

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Or this place looks nice
images

Did you know that Foley, Alabama has a secret tunnel under the city – watch the [video] and see why [old photographs] – Alabama Pioneers

peach174 you don't want a place overlooking the gulf?? Nothing better than sitting on the balcony, listening to the waves, the seagulls, and watching the dolphins.

You do realize your talking to a desert dweller don't you? :biggrin:
In other words, NO way José.
I saw plenty of beach and dolphins living in San Diego.

I hope I never meet them. :)

Or this place looks nice

I understand but those places you linked seemed tailor made for doing your own meals.

Yes, they seem to be, I was looking last year if we need to stay and cook for Ernie if he hadn't put some much needed weight on. :)

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Or this place looks nice
images

How quiet is the 2nd one? That one sounds Ideal.
Is the 1st one as quiet as they claim?
Either one seems very nice.

I will take you off Gracie if you really don't want to be there, but I recommend we keep you there until you have a final housing solution that doesn't include mess and uncleanliness everywhere you go outside your bedroom. Mr. and Mrs. Ringel have had an unimaginable rough transition as well and though their situation is improved and improving, I want them to get to where they want/need to be before I take them off.

Meanwhile we can rejoice that these journeys are progressing as they should.

Or this place looks nice
images

You do realize your talking to a desert dweller don't you? :biggrin:
In other words, NO way José.
I saw plenty of beach and dolphins living in San Diego.
desert_dolphins_by_tannally.jpg

Forum List

Back