USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay here's today's quiz for the genius category. Though I think I might have gotten it right myself without qualifying for that particular group. :)

20525391_1339931896055712_7416147020591679281_n.jpg

F?

Okay here's today's quiz for the genius category. Though I think I might have gotten it right myself without qualifying for that particular group. :)

What it doesn't address is two primary factors, it's making an assumption on a set volume flow and large enough connector pipe diameter to accommodate the flow. Based on the model assumption then the lowest connected tank will fill first, increase the volume feed significantly or decrease the pipe diameters significantly or both and A will fill the fastest.

Can't sleep lately. Right now, I am listening to thunder and watching lightening. No rain yet. I hope it does though. Might cool off this area from the scorching heat. I am beginning to like it here, but the summers SUCK.
I dunno...I always enjoyed a good thundershower, especially when I had a way to stay dry. I love the way things smell after a rainstorm, too!

What it doesn't address is two primary factors, it's making an assumption on a set volume flow and large enough connector pipe diameter to accommodate the flow. Based on the model assumption then the lowest connected tank will fill first, increase the volume feed significantly or decrease the pipe diameters significantly or both and A will fill the fastest.

I think we have to go with the assumption that the drip from the faucet is what we're dealing with though.

I think we have to go with the assumption that the drip from the faucet is what we're dealing with though.
That's what I was saying, the assumption is specific volume flow + pipe diameter = specific rate of fill and in the problem's question the answer would be F, the lowest connected tank.

I've missed the corners and a few in the middle.....that's about it. The American southwest is my favorite. :)

chart

I see you are missing Alaska. Our all time favorite vacation ever was flying into Anchorage, spending a couple of days seeing the sights and doing some adventures in the area, and then were bussed to Seward where we boarded a cruise ship and traveled the inside passage with wonderful ports of call along the way to Vancouver from where we flew home.

It is expensive, but if you have or save up the money to do it, it is a wonderful experience.

Just looking at these "where we have been" maps though, I don't wonder that so many youngsters who have neither traveled or had good educations in geography think that Alaska is an Island like Hawaii. Because that is the way it is always portrayed on the U.S. maps. :)

My folks drove from Lake Havasu City Arizona all the way up through Canada and the Yukon on the Alaska Highway. They loved Alaska and said it was one oft he most beautiful states.....and they've been to all fifty numerous times.

I don't know Ms Foxy...maybe someday. I'd love to go there. :)

Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !
Gotta see plantations, Mardi Gras, forts and civil war sites! :)
You do know that Mardi Gras started in Mobile, right?

Yes, but I still want to see old town New Orleans and their Mardi Gras. :)
It's about original buildings that I like to see.
Here in AZ. it's the birdcage theater and original court house in Tombstone.
Copper Queen hotel in Bisbee, I like original sites. :)

I do want to see Fort Morgan near Foley and the Foley Depot & Railroad museum and if the 50's dinner if it's still around with it's soda fountain.
Inlaws just arrived in Tucson, and will be heading out to Pearce in about an hour. She called and said they had to stop because they are both just beat up from the drive so Tucson is where they are resting at some rest stop. After they get settled, they might go to the birdcage theater and check out other places in the vicinity.

Tombstone is 71 miles from Tucson.
They still have to drive a way to reach Pearce which is about 84 miles.
They haven't to much farther to go though.
From Pearce is not far at all to Tombstone.
Tell them to eat at Big Nose Kate's, on Allen St. they have great food. :)

I've spent quite a bit of time in southeast Arizona. Tombstone and Bisbee are definitely cool places to visit. Also....if you're into nature Chiricahua National Monument is amazing. One of the more beautiful areas in the Lower 48 imho.

A link to the Monument with some pretty pictures.

Chiricahua National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

That's what I was saying, the assumption is specific volume flow + pipe diameter = specific rate of fill and in the problem's question the answer would be F, the lowest connected tank.

That's it.

From the website in the photo:
The tank F will fill up first. D, E & G will never fill up because the input pipe for D is blocked. So C will start filling J. I will only start filling up if & when J fills up, before which L will start filling up. The water from L flows into pipes leading to F & H, but H won’t fill up because it’s input pipe is blocked. Therefore F tank will fill up first.​

Been east,
South East is next !

I do want to see Fort Morgan near Foley and the Foley Depot & Railroad museum and if the 50's dinner if it's still around with it's soda fountain.
Inlaws just arrived in Tucson, and will be heading out to Pearce in about an hour. She called and said they had to stop because they are both just beat up from the drive so Tucson is where they are resting at some rest stop. After they get settled, they might go to the birdcage theater and check out other places in the vicinity.

I've spent quite a bit of time in southeast Arizona. Tombstone and Bisbee are definitely cool places to visit. Also....if you're into nature Chiricahua National Monument is amazing. One of the more beautiful areas in the Lower 48 imho.

Wonderful. There are all kinds of mysterious and wondrous sights hidden away in the desert.

I am ashamed to say that we lived in Farmington NM for a whole year but never knew about the Bisti Badlands in the same county until the last few years. We were too busy working, taking care of our young son, and I was pregnant with our daughter most of that year.

Bisti+Badlands,+New+Mexico..jpg

Wonderful. There are all kinds of mysterious and wondrous sights hidden away in the desert.

I am ashamed to say that we lived in Farmington NM for a whole year but never knew about the Bisti Badlands in the same county until the last few years. We were too busy working, taking care of our young son, and I was pregnant with our daughter most of that year.

I been through Farmington and had no idea as well. I remember seeing Shiprock outside of town as was awed by it. I could see why the Navaho people see the place as so sacred. Like I said before, I love the American Southwest.

Shiprock.original.676.jpg

I been through Farmington and had no idea as well. I remember seeing Shiprock outside of town as was awed by it. I could see why the Navaho people see the place as so sacred. Like I said before, I love the American Southwest.

Shiprock.original.676.jpg

Our New Mexico Navajo and Hopi people have four sacred mountains: Shiprock to the north, Sandia Crest to the east, Sierra Blanca to the south, and Mount Taylor to the west.

We have a number of old volcano cores like Shiprock scattered around the state, but none others so spectacular and beautiful. Shiprock must be up there near the top of the list of the most painted and photographed mountains. :)

Been east,
South East is next !

I know, :) I live in Southeast AZ.

Forum List

Back