USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is mine.

chart

I'm not counting the ones traveled through, just the sight seeing ones.
Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !
Gotta see plantations, Mardi Gras, forts and civil war sites! :)
You do know that Mardi Gras started in Mobile, right?

Yes, but I still want to see old town New Orleans and their Mardi Gras. :)
It's about original buildings that I like to see.
Here in AZ. it's the birdcage theater and original court house in Tombstone.
Copper Queen hotel in Bisbee, I like original sites. :)

I do want to see Fort Morgan near Foley and the Foley Depot & Railroad museum and if the 50's dinner if it's still around with it's soda fountain.
Fort Morgan is about 15 miles from here and the soda fountain and train museum are within walking distance of Doc Hollidays. The museum is about 200 yards from the front door and Stacey's Drug and Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.
This is mine.

chart

Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !

I do want to see Fort Morgan near Foley and the Foley Depot & Railroad museum and if the 50's dinner if it's still around with it's soda fountain.
Fort Morgan is a cool place. It's roughly 15 miles from Doc's but the railway museum is only 200 yards and Stacy's Drug and Olde Time Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Well if we can travel we could fly and rent a car.
We would have to stay at a condo or cottage with a kitchen to cook hubbies diet he's on. Maybe stay like on a Fri. thru Sun. and fly back Mon.

Guess where I'll be hanging out most of the time besides the soda fountain and your bar, while we're there?
I had no idea something like that would be so close to Docs. :)

This is mine.

chart

Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !

Fort Morgan is about 15 miles from here and the soda fountain and train museum are within walking distance of Doc Hollidays. The museum is about 200 yards from the front door and Stacey's Drug and Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.

Yes Ernie you already posted that about 36 min. ago or so.? :)

I'm going to be at the Museum with my nose buried in the Archives! :biggrin:

Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !

Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !

Fort Morgan is a cool place. It's roughly 15 miles from Doc's but the railway museum is only 200 yards and Stacy's Drug and Olde Time Soda Fountain is another 100 yards.

The red X is Doc's,

View attachment 142156

Well if we can travel we could fly and rent a car.
We would have to stay at a condo or cottage with a kitchen to cook hubbies diet he's on. Maybe stay like on a Fri. thru Sun. and fly back Mon.

Guess where I'll be hanging out most of the time besides the soda fountain and your bar, while we're there?
I had no idea something like that would be so close to Docs. :)
We're one of 2 bars in the down town area.
I don't know what your budget is, but you can spent 3 or 4 hundred a night for a condo on the beach, but if you're anything like me and think of a hotel as nothing more than a place to sleep, there's this a couple miles south of Doc's and 4 or 5 miles north of the beach:

https://www.trivago.com/?iPathId=59...IsSitemap=false&rp=&cpt=5965003&iFilterTab=1&

Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !

Yes Ernie you already posted that about 36 min. ago or so.? :)

I'm going to be at the Museum with my nose buried in the Archives! :biggrin:
messed up somehow. I'm playing with multiple desktops in Windows 10 and it's nothing like Linux

Can't do that any longer ,we need a kitchen, he can't eat out at many restaurants any more.
We don't want near the beach, but can easily spend 400.00 or more a night for 3 nights.

We discussed talking about going there ,taking a slow scenic route to Foley lasting about two weeks going on the Can Am.
We will see after his operation and what his doc says about flying or riding long distances.
I think flying would be better but he really doesn't like to fly.
He will fly but reluctantly. We flew to Colo. to visit my family on occasions.

Can't do that any longer ,we need a kitchen, he can't eat out at many restaurants any more.
We don't want near the beach, but can easily spend 400.00 or more a night for 3 nights.

We discussed talking about going there ,taking a slow scenic route to Foley lasting about two weeks going on the Can Am.
We will see after his operation and what his doc says about flying or riding long distances.
Depending on how his surgery goes, you guys might want to make a deal out of a slow, leisurely trip on the Can Am. Hell, no time like the present, especially when the present might become "too late" too soon. Life is best savored by taking big bites, little sister. If the hubby can handle the trip, by all means, indulge...

Come east, peaches!

Been east,
South East is next !

Inlaws just arrived in Tucson, and will be heading out to Pearce in about an hour. She called and said they had to stop because they are both just beat up from the drive so Tucson is where they are resting at some rest stop. After they get settled, they might go to the birdcage theater and check out other places in the vicinity.

Tombstone is 71 miles from Tucson.
They still have to drive a way to reach Pearce which is about 84 miles.
They haven't to much farther to go though.
From Pearce is not far at all to Tombstone.
Tell them to eat at Big Nose Kate's, on Allen St. they have great food. :)
They arrived and all is not as they thought. She said when they walked in the front door of the house, a sea of cockroaches began to flee. When their grandson found the modem so he could get the wifi code or whatever it is so he could use the cell phone, cockroaches poured out like lava from a volcano. So..now they are stuck in a roach infested home and no place else to go. Gee. Funny how karma bites, isn't it?

Can't sleep lately. Right now, I am listening to thunder and watching lightening. No rain yet. I hope it does though. Might cool off this area from the scorching heat. I am beginning to like it here, but the summers SUCK.

Can't sleep lately. Right now, I am listening to thunder and watching lightening. No rain yet. I hope it does though. Might cool off this area from the scorching heat. I am beginning to like it here, but the summers SUCK.

We woke up from thunder too. :)

We woke up from thunder too. :)
Awoke at 4 AM to thunder here too. Couldn't get back to sleep. I'll be headed in to open up in 40 minutes.

Depending on how his surgery goes, you guys might want to make a deal out of a slow, leisurely trip on the Can Am. Hell, no time like the present, especially when the present might become "too late" too soon. Life is best savored by taking big bites, little sister. If the hubby can handle the trip, by all means, indulge...

He will have about 3 months of recovery before he can really be fully active again.
They said he can't raise his arms for about that long in order for the wires to settle in.
They said he could disconnect them if he did do that.
We will see after the end of this year how things are.
He is already doing that when we bought the Can Am. :biggrin:
Riding in the wind before it's too late was why we got him something he can still ride.
The miracle is his MS has been in remission this whole time.
Since his heart attack he has been able to feel the bottom of his feet.
Something he hasn't experienced in 30 years. :)

As I recall the winters sort of do too? :) But for sure a beach girl would find Albuquerque oppressively hot in the summer and the winters cold (though both are relatively mild compared to many other places). The harshness of the land and low humidity is bothersome to many who moved here from more green places. But they say if you wear out a pair of shoes here, you are probably going to stay. There is a mysterious element and beauty to the high desert that eventually grabs most of us in unexplainable ways.

We all sometimes have trouble adjusting to a different climate/environment. But we can and do adjust and over time become a part of it. And it becomes home.

I am quite sure Paradise CA is the same for many.

Last edited:
It's barely over 60 here. I love it!

I feel completely recovered from my small intestine kink. Like it didn't even happen. Except that I am still craving more kinds of foods like the clear liquid diet. Jello. Jello has been a daily staple for the last week. I am also drinking way more water. I think it might be sort of psychological, like I don't want to strain my digestive system. But I can completely handle normal food now.

I finally finished the painting that I was doing when I ended up in the hospital. It looks pretty good. I prefer varnished hardwood floors, but some fool who lived here first painted some of the floors, so I painted them over. Path of least resistance. Stripping would be terribly difficult.

It's barely over 60 here. I love it!

I feel completely recovered from my small intestine kink. Like it didn't even happen. Except that I am still craving more kinds of foods like the clear liquid diet. Jello. Jello has been a daily staple for the last week. I am also drinking way more water. I think it might be sort of psychological, like I don't want to strain my digestive system. But I can completely handle normal food now.

I finally finished the painting that I was doing when I ended up in the hospital. It looks pretty good. I prefer varnished hardwood floors, but some fool who lived here first painted some of the floors, so I painted them over. Path of least resistance. Stripping would be terribly difficult.

Okay, good. And yay!!! We'll take you off the vigil list for now. Just let us know if and when you need to go back on. :)

Okay here's today's quiz for the genius category. Though I think I might have gotten it right myself without qualifying for that particular group. :)

20525391_1339931896055712_7416147020591679281_n.jpg

Forum List

Back