USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was looking at this place. It looks nice and is very affordable.
We like it quiet. :)

Have you heard anything about these little cottages?
It looks lovely, plus it's big enough for you and any of your friends who might want to hang out with us there for like lunches and dinners.
Kayaker Haven and Riverside Retreat! - VRBO

Or this place looks nice
Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bath Condo located sh... - VRBO
The first place is very close to my partners' place in an area called Bon Secour. It's right on the Bon Secour river. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute drive from Doc's.
The second place is very close to Tanger Outlets (mall), close to Owa, our new amusement park that is partially open for about 3 weeks and 2 miles, maybe 4 minutes from Doc's.
images

Ernie, how big is that amusement part going to be?

Oh and Ernie S., do you know about the underground tunnel here in Foley?

Did you know that Foley, Alabama has a secret tunnel under the city – watch the [video] and see why [old photographs] – Alabama Pioneers

peach174 you don't want a place overlooking the gulf?? Nothing better than sitting on the balcony, listening to the waves, the seagulls, and watching the dolphins.

You do realize your talking to a desert dweller don't you? :biggrin:
In other words, NO way José.
I saw plenty of beach and dolphins living in San Diego.
desert_dolphins_by_tannally.jpg

Be thankful this ain't the FZ! :lol:

I was looking at this place. It looks nice and is very affordable.
We like it quiet. :)

Have you heard anything about these little cottages?
It looks lovely, plus it's big enough for you and any of your friends who might want to hang out with us there for like lunches and dinners.
Kayaker Haven and Riverside Retreat! - VRBO

Or this place looks nice
Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bath Condo located sh... - VRBO
The first place is very close to my partners' place in an area called Bon Secour. It's right on the Bon Secour river. Maybe a 10 to 15 minute drive from Doc's.
The second place is very close to Tanger Outlets (mall), close to Owa, our new amusement park that is partially open for about 3 weeks and 2 miles, maybe 4 minutes from Doc's.
images

Did you know that Foley, Alabama has a secret tunnel under the city – watch the [video] and see why [old photographs] – Alabama Pioneers

peach174 you don't want a place overlooking the gulf?? Nothing better than sitting on the balcony, listening to the waves, the seagulls, and watching the dolphins.

God created Arrakis to train the faithful........... :eusa_whistle:

images

God created Arrakis to train the faithful........... :eusa_whistle:

Yeeessss..........
Must have the spice! :)

We're getting ready to head out to run some errands. The stillsuits are in excellent condition and the thropter is being fired up. Or should I take Shi-Halud.........

We're getting ready to head out to run some errands. The stillsuits are in excellent condition and the thropter is being fired up. Or should I take Shi-Halud.........

The thropter if it's raining.

We live probably less than a mile as the crow flies from the Ringels, and I am pretty sure it isn't raining right now. And according to Accuweather, looks like most or all of the activity is going to be east of us today. But this time of year we never know. As you know, unlike West Texas and Kansas where the clouds form over the higher terrain to the west and then march relentlessly to the east picking up moisture and strength as they go, our clouds this time of year more often quickly and with little warning form near or over us and rain themselves out. Little movement discerned in them.

So during the monsoon, you just never know whether you will need that umbrella. But even if you do you won't need it long.

Last edited:
I think you can take us off the list, Foxy. Thank you for leaving us on there for so long. And thank you to everyone that kept us in your prayers. This is home now, I believe, and we have a roof (soon to be a brand new one cuz housemate hired roofers to put on a brand new one..they will be here in October), we have an awesome wall heater, we have a place to shower and cook food and I have semi settled down to being a mountain gal. Health for both of us is the usual with nothing really bad happening (knock on wood), and I get my Dog Fix 3 times a week without having to stress over the welfare of them. So...looking good on this end FINALLY. I hope it continues. And, its not so hot lately. Its 76 degrees right now and I have my window open with a nice breeze whipping by and it sounds like ocean waves.

Meanwhile peach174 , looks like the inlaws will be Bensonites, lol. They declined the roach infested home in Pearce, found out the lady was taking them for a ride along with her chariot of cockroaches, and they found a nice 2 bedroom manufactured home in Benson and will be moving in tomorrow. :)

I hope I never meet them. :)
You won't. There is no way I would subject you to their shenanigans. I would be embarrassed they are relatives. Well, on MrGs side...not mine.:D

I think you can take us off the list, Foxy. Thank you for leaving us on there for so long. And thank you to everyone that kept us in your prayers. This is home now, I believe, and we have a roof (soon to be a brand new one cuz housemate hired roofers to put on a brand new one..they will be here in October), we have an awesome wall heater, we have a place to shower and cook food and I have semi settled down to being a mountain gal. Health for both of us is the usual with nothing really bad happening (knock on wood), and I get my Dog Fix 3 times a week without having to stress over the welfare of them. So...looking good on this end FINALLY. I hope it continues. And, its not so hot lately. Its 76 degrees right now and I have my window open with a nice breeze whipping by and it sounds like ocean waves.

Meanwhile peach174 , looks like the inlaws will be Bensonites, lol. They declined the roach infested home in Pearce, found out the lady was taking them for a ride along with her chariot of cockroaches, and they found a nice 2 bedroom manufactured home in Benson and will be moving in tomorrow. :)

I hope I never meet them. :)
You won't. There is no way I would subject you to their shenanigans. I would be embarrassed they are relatives. Well, on MrGs side...not mine.:D

I meant I would have to severely restrain myself from thumping them upside their heads if I knew what they looked like. :)

The thropter if it's raining.

We live probably less than a mile as the crow flies from the Ringels, and I am pretty sure it isn't raining right now. And according to Accuweather, looks like most or all of the activity is going to be east of us today. But this time of year we never know. As you know, unlike West Texas and Kansas where the clouds form over the higher terrain to the west and then march relentlessly to the east picking up moisture and strength as they go, our clouds this time of year more often quickly and with little warning form near or over us and rain themselves out. Little movement discerned in them.

So during the monsoon, you just never know whether you will need that umbrella. But even if you do you won't need it long.

Yes, but the sand worms are so fast you'd be there and back again before getting really drenched. :)

The Docs office called ,he has an appt. this Wed. afternoon to meet with the doc that will do his operation.
Then the next step is his surgery.

Just got back from running errands and just in time too....... If I had been out any longer I might have gone postal on these clueless, distracted morons. They are everywhere today, on the roads, in the stores, etc......... Thankfully we weren't in a high crime area, we'd be looking at nothing but easy marks being accosted around every corner.........

Just got back from running errands and just in time too....... If I had been out any longer I might have gone postal on these clueless, distracted morons. They are everywhere today, on the roads, in the stores, etc......... Thankfully we weren't in a high crime area, we'd be looking at nothing but easy marks being accosted around every corner.........

Just wait for our first good snow. Albuquerque drivers go a little nuts when the streets are wet, but add a little snow and it is bat shit crazyville. We just make a point to stay until most of the crazies have gotten to where they are going.

Just wait for our first good snow. Albuquerque drivers go a little nuts when the streets are wet, but add a little snow and it is bat shit crazyville. We just make a point to stay until most of the crazies have gotten to where they are going.
It's probably like El Paso when they get rain, God forbid they ever have to drive in snow.......... :ack-1:

I have a warrant for my incarceration in Batshit Crazyville... :alcoholic:

It was a tough day for Daisy the Mutt today. She was constipated. On our daily walk in Thompson Park she was hunched over, taking one step at a time. She was trying hard to go, but nothing was moving the way it should. One of her many fans saw she was in distress and suggested I apply a suppository. So, out to the drug store we went. I found suppositories for children age 2-6.

Folks! I'm here to tell you that you just haven't lived until you give a miniature poodle a suppository! Life's rich pageant is incomplete until that golden moment you hold a little tapered bit of glycerine in your fingers and try to find the target behind curly white fur besmeared by fresh warm fecal matter. Holding her short but incredibly strong tail, complete with the obligatory 'powder puff' aloft, I did find the mark after a half dozen stabs at it. Her tribulations were about to end.

We performed our smelly pas de deux out on the north lawn. I was afraid to do it inside for fear she just might rebel at the notion of such a violation. I left her in her lead outside fearing that, once the fuse was lit, so to speak, the bomb might just go off all of a sudden.

I'm certain everything finally worked it's magic. Then came the clean up. Into the sink she went and everything from the hips back got thoroughly scrubbed. I had gone through enough hand washing and hand sanitizer I probably could have performed brain surgery.

As I write this she I said contentedly curled up by my side. All is forgiven as far as she I saw concerned. But, as Scarlett O'Hara said, tomorrow is another day.

We go across the street to the groomer Wednesday afternoon. My sister-in-law advised me to have the groomer drain Daisy's anal glands. I asked my sister-in-law if she had ever done that to one of her own dogs. She had, and then explained the procedure in lurid, graphic detail. It does not sound like a do-it-yourself kind of thing. I'll leave it to the professionals.

It was a tough day for Daisy the Mutt today. She was constipated. On our daily walk in Thompson Park she was hunched over, taking one step at a time. She was trying hard to go, but nothing was moving the way it should. One of her many fans saw she was in distress and suggested I apply a suppository. So, out to the drug store we went. I found suppositories for children age 2-6.

Folks! I'm here to tell you that you just haven't lived until you give a miniature poodle a suppository! Life's rich pageant is incomplete until that golden moment you hold a little tapered bit of glycerine in your fingers and try to find the target behind curly white fur besmeared by fresh warm fecal matter. Holding her short but incredibly strong tail, complete with the obligatory 'powder puff' aloft, I did find the mark after a half dozen stabs at it. Her tribulations were about to end.

We performed our smelly pas de deux out on the north lawn. I was afraid to do it inside for fear she just might rebel at the notion of such a violation. I left her in her lead outside fearing that, once the fuse was lit, so to speak, the bomb might just go off all of a sudden.

I'm certain everything finally worked it's magic. Then came the clean up. Into the sink she went and everything from the hips back got thoroughly scrubbed. I had gone through enough hand washing and hand sanitizer I probably could have performed brain surgery.

As I write this she I said contentedly curled up by my side. All is forgiven as far as she I saw concerned. But, as Scarlett O'Hara said, tomorrow is another day.

We go across the street to the groomer Wednesday afternoon. My sister-in-law advised me to have the groomer drain Daisy's anal glands. I asked my sister-in-law if she had ever done that to one of her own dogs. She had, and then explained the procedure in lurid, graphic detail. It does not sound like a do-it-yourself kind of thing. I'll leave it to the professionals.
Feeding your dog a little bit of pumpkinwith his food is a great way to prevent and cureconstipation. Pumpkin is high in water content and a great source of fiber. You can either puree freshpumpkin or use canned pureed pumpkin.

Dog Constipation and How to Treat it Naturally

Feeding your dog a little bit of pumpkinwith his food is a great way to prevent and cureconstipation. Pumpkin is high in water content and a great source of fiber. You can either puree freshpumpkin or use canned pureed pumpkin.

Dog Constipation and How to Treat it Naturally
I've used sweet potato in the past as a constipation cure for Daisy. Thanks!

Forum List

Back