USMB Coffee Shop IV

I had to go hunt on the internet. No cell phone service right now.

UPDATE 1:10 p.m. - Though authorities hoped to open the Skyway for travel both ways between Paradise and Chico, they report that they are unable to do this currently. Those traveling from Paradise to Chico need to use a route other than the Skyway. Leave extra travel time, as Neal and Clark Roads have had a lot more traffic than usual due to the Skyway closures.

Under a few of the updates from Tuesday morning, we will republish the Paradise Zone Maps.

---

UPDATE 12:15 p.m. - There is still an evacuation warning for Zone 9 in the Town of Paradise, and for residents and businesses on Lower Skyway. The Upper Honey Run Zone is the only one under an evacuation order at this time. Parts of the Skyway (Lower) and Honey Run Road are still closed at this time and should be avoided if possible.

---

UPDATE 11:30 a.m. - The Red Cross Shelter at the Neighborhood Church in Chico will be closed by noon Tuesday. Everyone who stayed at the shelter on Monday night were allowed back into their homes on Tuesday morning.

---

UPDATE 7:45 a.m. - The Honey Fire is now 40 percent contained.

What zone are you?

Ya gotta love someone,who can sell a railroad spike then go forage for it!

I made up a hell of a story re: that spike... I had it prettied up just like one of the Anderson twins on Sat. nite...
As a land surveyor I kept a coffee can of railroad spikes in the back of the truck. We would drive them into the base of telephone poles to serve as benchmarks setting true elevation as we went.

Kat, we are zone 1 and 2. Fire is zone 9..or was. Still no cell service. No updates that I have seen except from the last post I made.

Special thoughts and prayers for those dealing with the terrible fires tonight and sending some healing vibes for drifter's head cold.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Comfort to Mrs. Saveliberty & family in the loss of her brother,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Waving hi to Big Black Dog and this is autumn in Illinois
15513986319_de9ac4dfef_o.jpg

I've been visiting this little farm a few towns away from me to get fresh fruit and veggies and apple cider. Everything they produce and sell is grown on the farm. They have orchards there and everything. Going there is really like taking a step back in time. I usually go during a weekday so it's not this busy when I'm there. :)

3982084080_69aacb0e31.jpg

So, after eating fresh fruits (peaches, plums, apples, pears) from the farm, I am now spoiled and cannot eat fruit from the grocery store. It is really disgusting in comparison. Even my rabbit prefers fresh farm grown fruit and veggies! :)

One more picture of the farm store. They make the most awesome apple cider there and also donuts. I don't usually like plain donuts because they are too dry, but the donuts they make here are so moist and delicious and tasty, especially along with a glass of apple cider! Yum!

a015a8ef9c470f926de008d1a74b7d33--new-england-massachusetts.jpg

I've been visiting this little farm a few towns away from me to get fresh fruit and veggies and apple cider. Everything they produce and sell is grown on the farm. They have orchards there and everything. Going there is really like taking a step back in time. I usually go during a weekday so it's not this busy when I'm there. :)

I would LOVE to have that kind of market close to us, but alas, there is nothing that is not many miles away. When we lived in a small town in the Texas Panhandle, there were all kinds of milk, cream, fresh eggs, veggies etc. available from the locals. We used to go to buy Dixon apples--every variety imaginable--from a local orchard until it burned a few years ago and never reopened. And you're right that grocery store stuff pales in comparison.

I would LOVE to have that kind of market close to us, but alas, there is nothing that is not many miles away. When we lived in a small town in the Texas Panhandle, there were all kinds of milk, cream, fresh eggs, veggies etc. available from the locals. We used to go to buy Dixon apples--every variety imaginable--from a local orchard until it burned a few years ago and never reopened.

Aww, that's too bad. :(

One more picture of the farm store. They make the most awesome apple cider there and also donuts. I don't usually like plain donuts because they are too dry, but the donuts they make here are so moist and delicious and tasty, especially along with a glass of apple cider! Yum!

Back in Virginia all one had to do was drive to the Shenandoah Valley and all those little farm stores were everywhere. Some of our local grocery stores bought fresh produce from the Shenandoah farms so driving out to the Shenandoah wasn't always a necessity for fresh fruits and vegetables though the drive was always picturesque.

Hedge Apples over in the Hoosier... While there may be close to 350 to 400 miles between our stomping grounds our bringing's up are very similar... Hedge apples are not very useful unless you are warring with the neighbor kids... Oh you can sell them on EBay also... You can sell anything on EBay... Hell I sold a Railroad spike on EBay one time and didn't even have one... Had to go for a walk on the ole PRR tracks to find one...

View attachment 153674

I have heard the story regarding spiders but never tried it

We called them horse apples in Kansas. Don't know if they grow at our altitude here but Albuquerque has just an amazing and wide variety of trees, I wouldn't be surprised. I can't image anybody using osage orange trees in their landscaping, but they plant other trees that tend to be really messy so I wouldn't be surprised about osage orange either.

Back in Virginia all one had to do was drive to the Shenandoah Valley and all those little farm stores were everywhere. Some of our local grocery stores bought fresh produce from the Shenandoah farms so driving out to the Shenandoah wasn't always a necessity for fresh fruits and vegetables though the drive was always picturesque.

We have a lot of historical districts here in Massachusetts, as you might imagine, it being Massachusetts and all, and they have very specific building codes they have to follow, so some of the smaller towns here in Massachusetts are definitely like stepping back into time. They even require the more modern businesses to have an old fashioned look and feel about them (at least on the outside - LOL).

We have a lot of historical districts here in Massachusetts, as you might imagine, it being Massachusetts and all, and they have very specific building codes they have to follow, so some of the smaller towns here in Massachusetts are definitely like stepping back into time. They even require the more modern businesses to have an old fashioned look and feel about them (at least on the outside - LOL).
That's exactly the same as Northern Virginia, land of the historical markers. Even now we see things here that would never fly back in NV both building and vehicle wise.

Forum List

Back