USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'd love to shop at Mood...but only if Tim is there with me..and Swatch, of course, lol.

I have often thought the same thing. :) It would almost surely inspire me to get my sewing machine out again. I don't have the budget for great fabric like the designers do though.

It is kind of like the cooking competitions I enjoy, but the competing cooks have access to lots better ingredients than I usually do.
Oh yes..the cooking shows I adore. I torture myself but I love watching them. Same with my newest kick...watching Brits move from the UK to another continent. (All on netfix). If you want to watch a really neat show, Foxy, and you have netflix, look for Jaimie and Jimmys Food War. Very interesting.

I don't have Netflix but thanks for the tip.
Escape To The Continent I think is on Youtube. Fascinating seeing the homes there that Brits buy. And you might be able to find Jamie and Jimmy on youtube too.
I love those British real estate shows! Escape to the Country/Continent are wonderful.

Why do so many empty nesters and retirees want three and four bedroom houses? How often does a thatched roof need to be replaced? What do they mean by Grade 2 listed? And the prices, when converted from Puonds to Dollars are astronomical!

I can't speak for others but Hombre and I are empty nesters and wish we had a 4th bedroom at times--we have three. We love to have people come see us and want them to be comfortably accommodated when they do. It's one of our favorite things.

I have often thought the same thing. :) It would almost surely inspire me to get my sewing machine out again. I don't have the budget for great fabric like the designers do though.

It is kind of like the cooking competitions I enjoy, but the competing cooks have access to lots better ingredients than I usually do.
Oh yes..the cooking shows I adore. I torture myself but I love watching them. Same with my newest kick...watching Brits move from the UK to another continent. (All on netfix). If you want to watch a really neat show, Foxy, and you have netflix, look for Jaimie and Jimmys Food War. Very interesting.

Escape To The Continent I think is on Youtube. Fascinating seeing the homes there that Brits buy. And you might be able to find Jamie and Jimmy on youtube too.
I love those British real estate shows! Escape to the Country/Continent are wonderful.

Why do so many empty nesters and retirees want three and four bedroom houses? How often does a thatched roof need to be replaced? What do they mean by Grade 2 listed? And the prices, when converted from Puonds to Dollars are astronomical!

I can't speak for others but Hombre and I are empty nesters and wish we had a 4th bedroom at times--we have three. We love to have people come see us and want them to be comfortably accommodated when they do. It's one of our favorite things.
As a retiree, I'm in downsizing mode. The Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate is already small, but I have collections of LPs and movies and an extensive library that could be pruned back. If I had to clean a third or fourth bedroom, it would cramp my style.

I appreciate visitors and can accommodate a couple comfortably.

But I'll keep Albuquerque open as a destination since you have that extra bedroom!

Meanwhile...it is 94 degrees in this hell hole. I am so eager to go back home to the beach.
Your 94 equals our 68! Hotter than the hubs of hell for us. I just want to nap in my air conditioned car.
Its cooler today....at 72 and will get up to 80 maybe but to me..I think it won't get more than 75 due to clouds and a really nice breeze. If it stayed like this all the time, I would be a happy camper. 100 degree weather is just awful.
Back home..it is 63 degrees. That is what I am used to. For 30 years, I never owned a coat. Up here in the mountains, I own 3 coats since winter means snow..which I sorta like. Kinda. As long as I don't have to move around in it.:D
63 is a toasty summer day here. You can usually tell who the tourists are because many pile on the clothes.
Sherman, my terrorist cat, is still trying to decide what to do about the chickens. He'd maybe like to catch them and play with them, but they are big and fast. Most of the time he's satisfied just watching them. The turkey and rooster are downright aggressive to the cat, though. And turkeys get really BIG, although their big is just feathers when they puff up.
Made a run to the dump and unloaded a bunch of old, broken, nasty trash! Every load I drag away makes me feel a little better. I hate disorder and filth. Am I the only person who gets a little depressed and a lot overwhelmed when faced with a ginormous mess to clean up?

As a retiree, I'm in downsizing mode. The Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate is already small, but I have collections of LPs and movies and an extensive library that could be pruned back. If I had to clean a third or fourth bedroom, it would cramp my style.

But I'll keep Albuquerque open as a destination since you have that extra bedroom!

Any time. And if are in overflow mood, I can always send you a short distance to the Ringels. :)

Edit: Whoops. No I can't. I just saw Ringel's post. So he'll be three hours away now.

Meanwhile...it is 94 degrees in this hell hole. I am so eager to go back home to the beach.
Your 94 equals our 68! Hotter than the hubs of hell for us. I just want to nap in my air conditioned car.
Its cooler today....at 72 and will get up to 80 maybe but to me..I think it won't get more than 75 due to clouds and a really nice breeze. If it stayed like this all the time, I would be a happy camper. 100 degree weather is just awful.
Back home..it is 63 degrees. That is what I am used to. For 30 years, I never owned a coat. Up here in the mountains, I own 3 coats since winter means snow..which I sorta like. Kinda. As long as I don't have to move around in it.:D
63 is a toasty summer day here. You can usually tell who the tourists are because many pile on the clothes.
Sherman, my terrorist cat, is still trying to decide what to do about the chickens. He'd maybe like to catch them and play with them, but they are big and fast. Most of the time he's satisfied just watching them. The turkey and rooster are downright aggressive to the cat, though. And turkeys get really BIG, although their big is just feathers when they puff up.
Made a run to the dump and unloaded a bunch of old, broken, nasty trash! Every load I drag away makes me feel a little better. I hate disorder and filth. Am I the only person who gets a little depressed and a lot overwhelmed when faced with a ginormous mess to clean up?

No. As Gracie said, clutter affects more than your mobiity. It affects the mind and your sense of well being.

Okay, looks like we'll be moving to Roswell, they just called and offered her the job there. We'll probably go there tomorrow and look at homes. Now the packing starts.........

Well I have really liked the idea of you guys as neighbors and happy that we had a chance to meet. But I wish you all the best and hope this time it works out to be all you hope for.

Any time. And if are in overflow mood, I can always send you a short distance to the Ringels. :)

Edit: Whoops. No I can't. I just saw Ringel's post. So he'll be three hours away now.
I can lend ya a tent and a cot for the back yard...... :D

Some place like the desert southwest would scare the bejebus outta me! If ya ain't got dirty water hotdogs and a subway system, I'd be just a lost ball in tall weeds.

Some place like the desert southwest would scare the bejebus outta me! If ya ain't got dirty water hotdogs and a subway system, I'd be just a lost ball in tall weeds.
We have Subway restaurants............

What a generous term. "Restaurants". What ya need is a Primanti Brothers to serve you up some proper heart attack fare! Between two 3/4" thick slices of Italian bread, place some roast beef with melted provolone cheese, a wad of sweet and sour coke slaw (no mayonnaise based stuff, the cabbage with vinegar and poppy seeds), a handful of fresh cut French fries, and a slice of tomato. That's a Pittsburgh sammich.

Subway "restaurants"! Good one!

No. As Gracie said, clutter affects more than your mobiity. It affects the mind and your sense of well being.

My ex was something of a hoarder. Yes....clutter can really get to you.

What a generous term. "Restaurants". What ya need is a Primanti Brothers to serve you up some proper heart attack fare! Between two 3/4" thick slices of Italian bread, place some roast beef with melted provolone cheese, a wad of sweet and sour coke slaw (no mayonnaise based stuff, the cabbage with vinegar and poppy seeds), a handful of fresh cut French fries, and a slice of tomato. That's a Pittsburgh sammich.

Subway "restaurants"! Good one!
Yeah, I agree......... but they call themselves a restaurant........ :lol:

:eusa_angel: ..

12439402_10209332678782786_9091037472348343541_n.jpg
10641217_530272283783144_4004969643753663448_n.jpg

:)

Well, the Weinerschnitzel 'restaurant' here makes a decent "Chicago" dog that's close to a dirty water dog but not exactly the same thing. Their most popular offering is probably their chili dogs that are a meal unto themselves. I will have to say I have not found a decent cole slaw anywhere in Albuquerque though--necessary to go back to Kansas for that.

And the closet thing to a subway we have anywhere in New Mexico is the Rail Runner commuter train--all above ground--that runs between Belen (30 miles south of us) to Santa Fe (50 miles northeast of us.) There is a mediocre bus system though.

You would find that you really can live on burritos, green chili and quesadillas. And you might find the land harsh and forbidding at first and would miss all that lovely green of southeastern Ohio. But there is also a strange and quiet beauty of the high desert that can get into the blood and calm the soul. You might never prefer it to where you are. But you would survive. :)

You would find that you really can live on burritos, green chili and quesadillas.

But why would you want to? Ewww! :p

Because they can be yummy good when made by somebody who knows what he/she is doing. Yeah the fried stuff isn't good for us, and excessive salt, guacamole, sour cream etc. will really pile on the calories. But real Mexican fare is loaded with fresh meat, veggies, pinto beans. And fresh green chili is so loaded with vitamins and other important nutrients, it qualifies as a health food. (Those with GERD or other digestive issues probably should not choose it though.)

You would find that you really can live on burritos, green chili and quesadillas.

But why would you want to? Ewww! :p

Because they can be yummy good when made by somebody who knows what he/she is doing. Yeah the fried stuff isn't good for us, and excessive salt, guacamole, sour cream etc. will really pile on the calories. But real Mexican fare is loaded with fresh meat, veggies, pinto beans. And fresh green chili is so loaded with vitamins and other important nutrients, it qualifies as a health food. (Those with GERD or other digestive issues probably should not choose it though.)

Ignoring my reflux, I wouldn't want anything to do with guacamole, sour cream, pinto beans, or green chili. :lol:

I'm generally not a fan of ethnic foods. I'd have to take out so many ingredients and make things so basic they almost lose their ethnic origins. For Mexican food, I'd just have meat, maybe some lettuce, and a shell/wrap. All of the other stuff I find gross. :)

Forum List

Back