USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wow! Just...wow! I cannot express how depressed and demoralized I am right now. The partner took a month off and is starting his third week of vacation out here. He was supposed to get the footings done for the barn and we were supposed to raise the frame and set the roof trusses. Well, he's finished four of 24 footings, the backhoe is still inoperative and all the goats are now in one small fenced enclosure because no new fencing has been installed. In other words, he's done pretty much nothing and has informed me that we might have half the barn up by the end of summer. I'll spare you all the names I was called yesterday when I griped about having to pick up empty drink containers and snack wrappers scattered all over the place. I'm just tired and burned out with caring and trying. Any suggestions (legal and moral) will be welcomed. How do I deal with this type of slovenly adversity? I know how Gracie feels, faced with a mess on every lawn, at every corner. Help!
Oh, and add to that the fact that Jim Croce's "Cat's Cradle" has become my theme song because my daughter is busy and has little time to chat like we used to...
Get out of the partnership if you can. I'm sorry, GW. I know exactly how you feel. But if this hoarder called me names..I would be out of here immediately and he would be picking up his teefers to boot.
I've seen adverts around for lawyers who specialize in dissolving non-marital partnerships. I really am seriously considering consulting one. I just despise lawyers who prey upon unfortunate people. It's gotten so obvious that my partner does not respect me in any way and I am tired of being treated like...well, the way you would treat dog shit on your shoe. Oh, and I found his teefers out where the chickens like to scratch. He threw them out there when he threw the bucket I use for waste water out there during his temper tantrum. Guess his teefs were dumped into the waste bucket. I did not tell him where I found his dentures, I just gave them back to him (LOL).

Wow! Just...wow! I cannot express how depressed and demoralized I am right now. The partner took a month off and is starting his third week of vacation out here. He was supposed to get the footings done for the barn and we were supposed to raise the frame and set the roof trusses. Well, he's finished four of 24 footings, the backhoe is still inoperative and all the goats are now in one small fenced enclosure because no new fencing has been installed. In other words, he's done pretty much nothing and has informed me that we might have half the barn up by the end of summer. I'll spare you all the names I was called yesterday when I griped about having to pick up empty drink containers and snack wrappers scattered all over the place. I'm just tired and burned out with caring and trying. Any suggestions (legal and moral) will be welcomed. How do I deal with this type of slovenly adversity? I know how Gracie feels, faced with a mess on every lawn, at every corner. Help!
Oh, and add to that the fact that Jim Croce's "Cat's Cradle" has become my theme song because my daughter is busy and has little time to chat like we used to...
Get out of the partnership if you can. I'm sorry, GW. I know exactly how you feel. But if this hoarder called me names..I would be out of here immediately and he would be picking up his teefers to boot.
I've seen adverts around for lawyers who specialize in dissolving non-marital partnerships. I really am seriously considering consulting one. I just despise lawyers who prey upon unfortunate people. It's gotten so obvious that my partner does not respect me in any way and I am tired of being treated like...well, the way you would treat dog shit on your shoe. Oh, and I found his teefers out where the chickens like to scratch. He threw them out there when he threw the bucket I use for waste water out there during his temper tantrum. Guess his teefs were dumped into the waste bucket. I did not tell him where I found his dentures, I just gave them back to him (LOL).
Ask around your work to fellow coworkers if they recommend a specific lawyer. Then do it, hon. This guy is an anchor around your neck and you don't need the abuse. Maybe you can offer to buy him out? And if that doesn't work...then tell him you want him gone and will get legal assistance to get 'er dun.
Meanwhile...things might change around here, too. But, its a long story so our next phone chat, I will fill you in, lol.

Meanwhile...it is 94 degrees in this hell hole. I am so eager to go back home to the beach.

91 here at this hour which is pretty normal, even a bit mild for June in Albuquerque.
Just whacked my hair. It was finally back down to my waist. Now it is a tad below my shoulder. Gonna cut it more tomorrow. Too damn hot here for long hair.

You could always wear your hair up. That's what I do when it's really hot. I am so used to my hair scarf that when I wear it up, I sometimes feel chilly because my neck is exposed. Lol.
Yes..I left it long enough to have my hair in a bun or in a pony tail. I was going to whack it more...but decided to leave it as it is. Collar bone length.

Meanwhile...it is 94 degrees in this hell hole. I am so eager to go back home to the beach.
Your 94 equals our 68! Hotter than the hubs of hell for us. I just want to nap in my air conditioned car.
Its cooler today....at 72 and will get up to 80 maybe but to me..I think it won't get more than 75 due to clouds and a really nice breeze. If it stayed like this all the time, I would be a happy camper. 100 degree weather is just awful.
Back home..it is 63 degrees. That is what I am used to. For 30 years, I never owned a coat. Up here in the mountains, I own 3 coats since winter means snow..which I sorta like. Kinda. As long as I don't have to move around in it.:D

There is a tradition here in East Liverpool of 'Shop Dogs'. Small businesses folks would take their dogs to work every day. I don't know if calling it "a tradition here in East Liverpool" is fair because the human/dog love affair spans the ages. So it's a natural thing in our culture to find a fuzzy face and wagging tail in anyone's business. I like it.

There was Lexy who held court at Don Ekert's Camera Mart down on Market a block and a half down from The Diamond, East Liverpool's Times Square. Lexy was a big ol' Beagle Labrador mutt. Larry Walton was the owner of Lexy and the Camera Mart, not Don Ekert. Don went to war in the Pacific and got shot down in The Solomons.

When I was going to the Camera Mart doing errands on the high school newspaper, The Keramos Echo, Lexy would spring to her paws and wiggle her way beside you so you could rub her ears and scratch her crown. Ten years later, when I was having snapshots processed from Mom and Pop's Silver Anniversary party, Lexy struggled to her paws and slouched over, still eager to have her ears rubbed.

Ed Klein was a tax accountant who had a terrier mix named Josh. Josh was walked everyday up and down the sidewalks of St. Clair Avenue. It is typical of the steep streets here in the upper Ohio River valley and so Josh's legs were ripped! Josh met his end on that very St. Clair Ave. when he dashed out into traffic and was caught by a Buick.

Ed was despondent as any dog owner would be. But, Ed found another terrier mix and named him Josh again. Ed was George Foreman before Mr. Forman decided to name all his sons George. But Josh II was a mean dog. I recall sitting in Ed's office one Spring while Josh sat in his dog bed sneering and moaning if I happened to lean forward and sign anything.

The woman who is the office manager at the cemetery Pop lays enriching the soil has a sweet Bison Frishese (spell check is baffled and I don't feel like googling 'frishese').

The little ball of white fuzz named Maggie would pose and sit up while ensconced in her red plaid dog bed. I remember because plaid is my favorite color. When doing something like cemetery business, it's a comfort to have a friendly dog at hand.

Now, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that every town, large and small had businesses with dogs doing what dogs do best right there beside their masters. I can't imagine that not happening in New York or New Philadelphia (a real place just sixty miles or so southeast of here). People just love their dogs and vice versa. It's just what we do.

I am a fan of the A&E long running show "Project Runway" where clothing designers compete for a very nice prize over the course of several weeks. And once they get their assignments, they usually visit a NYC fabric store called "Mood".

The proprietor of that place has an English bulldog who has the run of the place though he seems to be pretty sedentary. His name is "Swatch." :) I love that. And after reading your anthology this morning, it now occurs to me that this must be a northeastern thing, i.e. taking your dogs to work. I love the notion so long as they are safe and cared for there. Much better than leaving them home alone or boarding them.
I'd love to shop at Mood...but only if Tim is there with me..and Swatch, of course, lol.

Are you in a legal partnership? If so, or if there is some kind of 'common law' entanglement here, I would consult an attorney and find out what your options are. There might be some kind of legal aid service in Anchorage where you could get legal advice for little or no cost.

It does sound like it is time for your long time partner to say goodbye and be gone. I can appreciate just not feeling up to getting stuff done. But nobody should have to tolerate the consequences of my choices, especially when they have to live with me.

There is a tradition here in East Liverpool of 'Shop Dogs'. Small businesses folks would take their dogs to work every day. I don't know if calling it "a tradition here in East Liverpool" is fair because the human/dog love affair spans the ages. So it's a natural thing in our culture to find a fuzzy face and wagging tail in anyone's business. I like it.

There was Lexy who held court at Don Ekert's Camera Mart down on Market a block and a half down from The Diamond, East Liverpool's Times Square. Lexy was a big ol' Beagle Labrador mutt. Larry Walton was the owner of Lexy and the Camera Mart, not Don Ekert. Don went to war in the Pacific and got shot down in The Solomons.

When I was going to the Camera Mart doing errands on the high school newspaper, The Keramos Echo, Lexy would spring to her paws and wiggle her way beside you so you could rub her ears and scratch her crown. Ten years later, when I was having snapshots processed from Mom and Pop's Silver Anniversary party, Lexy struggled to her paws and slouched over, still eager to have her ears rubbed.

Ed Klein was a tax accountant who had a terrier mix named Josh. Josh was walked everyday up and down the sidewalks of St. Clair Avenue. It is typical of the steep streets here in the upper Ohio River valley and so Josh's legs were ripped! Josh met his end on that very St. Clair Ave. when he dashed out into traffic and was caught by a Buick.

Ed was despondent as any dog owner would be. But, Ed found another terrier mix and named him Josh again. Ed was George Foreman before Mr. Forman decided to name all his sons George. But Josh II was a mean dog. I recall sitting in Ed's office one Spring while Josh sat in his dog bed sneering and moaning if I happened to lean forward and sign anything.

The woman who is the office manager at the cemetery Pop lays enriching the soil has a sweet Bison Frishese (spell check is baffled and I don't feel like googling 'frishese').

The little ball of white fuzz named Maggie would pose and sit up while ensconced in her red plaid dog bed. I remember because plaid is my favorite color. When doing something like cemetery business, it's a comfort to have a friendly dog at hand.

Now, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that every town, large and small had businesses with dogs doing what dogs do best right there beside their masters. I can't imagine that not happening in New York or New Philadelphia (a real place just sixty miles or so southeast of here). People just love their dogs and vice versa. It's just what we do.

I am a fan of the A&E long running show "Project Runway" where clothing designers compete for a very nice prize over the course of several weeks. And once they get their assignments, they usually visit a NYC fabric store called "Mood".

The proprietor of that place has an English bulldog who has the run of the place though he seems to be pretty sedentary. His name is "Swatch." :) I love that. And after reading your anthology this morning, it now occurs to me that this must be a northeastern thing, i.e. taking your dogs to work. I love the notion so long as they are safe and cared for there. Much better than leaving them home alone or boarding them.
I'd love to shop at Mood...but only if Tim is there with me..and Swatch, of course, lol.

I have often thought the same thing. :) It would almost surely inspire me to get my sewing machine out again. I don't have the budget for great fabric like the designers do though.

It is kind of like the cooking competitions I enjoy, but the competing cooks have access to lots better ingredients than I usually do.

Hot today, 68F!! I almost decided to sleep in the car with the ac running. At least the house stays nice and cool. I have determined that my two turkeys are far more productive than any of the hens. Each turkey lays an egg a day, and one of them is "broody". I'll have to trick her by putting fake eggs into the nest next time she comes out to eat. I'll build a nest box this weekend and see whether I can convince her to lay her clutch in that.
This so-called power system installed by my partner sucks. I'm setting up a meeting with a company that designs the things for real next week. We have most of the major components, just need actual solar batteries and an idea of how to properly wire things together.
I got a refresher course in dealing with a hoarder this past weekend. I've been loading junk onto the trailer to take to the dump. I'm cleaning three different places, including here in Willow. I've been stacking stuff to go since last summer. One of the items included is an old charcoal grill. It's rusted out, the wooden slats are rotted, the legs are falling off, and as I dragged it to the trailer, a wheel fell off. Well, rule #1 for hoarders is: never let them see you dragging their precious treasures away. Rule #2: if they see you, don't ask them to help you load it. I asked and was...well, rebuffed is a polite description,. I waited until he was busy elsewhere and loaded it myself, buried it under several bags of trash and other stuff, pulled a tarp over the whole thing and strapped it down. I came back the next morning and that grill is now piled over in the treeline. Guess I'll have to wait until he goes back to work, after his vacation is over...

I've heard that hoarding is actually a mental illness and that these people cannot help themselves from hoarding. So, you will go through all of this trouble to clean up and within as little as a few months' time, these people will have started "collecting" more things. They are apparently people who have a mental illness severe enough that it interferes with their lives and their health.
That's why, after rooming with my partner for about a year and a half, I bought myself that travel trailer and moved out. There's more to that whole story, of course, but I'll leave that alone for now. I cleaned the place up when I moved in; installed new floors, paper and painted the walls, mowed the yard and bought a gazebo for the hot tub. It didn't take very long for the yard to be filled up with junk again. I've mentioned before that my partner turns out to be a passive-aggressive type personality, too. Passive-aggressive is apparently such a successful coping mechanism that even if the "sufferer" admits they have the problem, there are few know successful ways to break them of the action. He was able to mask this initially, at least until we had started a business and bought property together. I wonder now whether there might be a link between the passive-aggressive personality and hoarding? I'm dreading the time when we finally get around to selling the house in Anchorage.

Have you ever watched the TV series on I think A&E "Hoarders"? The gist is that loved ones of the person overwhelmed by his/her obsessive compulsive hoarding employ a team of experts to deal with it. (If the process is televised, presumably A&E pays all the fees and expenses.) The team works with the hoarder who agrees to allow them to clean the place up. Several truckloads of junk, trash, garbage will be removed from the home, sometimes which is extremely stressful for the hoarder but with counseling they allow it. Invariably the owner is then thrilled with his clean, presentable home.

They always have a postscript at the end of the show reporting how the person is doing weeks or months later. Some have managed to stop their hoarding compulsion. Others they sadly report that the home is filling up again.
I've never seen the show, but I've heard of it. Since the partner's place has been cleaned a couple of time (by ME), and has always reverted to being a hoarder's dump, I doubt my partner will ever become human. Now, he's started converting the Willow place into a dumping ground. I absolutely despise living like this. Every piece of junk has potential, he can fix it, he can! The charcoal grill is a great example. It's rusted, rotted, and falling apart. We have a nice propane grill now that he's agreed is a lot more efficient and easier to use. But he can weld a patch, cut some wood strips...etc, etc. But why? We only need one grill. It's not like we have loads of friends visiting. No one who's been here wants to come again. How much fun is it, witnessing one partner bullying the other. And Mr. Passive-Aggressive loves to make drama for the company.
Its a sickness. And a gross one. Housemate here...he has coupons from the 1960's. Every drawer in the kitchen is a junk drawer. Every time I use his vac, something else breaks on it cuz its from the 60's too. Every nook and cranny is filled with something he claims is worth money and its TRASH in reality. I gave up long ago trying to get him to clean the place up. Even the room I am in, is not wholly mine. The closet has his moms clothes in there....which stink. I have to use MrGracie's closet for my clothes. And..MrGracies room is half filled with desks, papers, filing cabinets, gun cases, magazines, etc...so he has half a room. Its an awful way to live and extremely depressing because there is no comfort anywhere. Its constant assault on the eyes, nose, and general well being with having to live in this filth.
But...I might wind up jumping from the fry pan into the fire. But...the fire can be put out. Maybe. Like I said..long story that might wind up being nothing.

I have often thought the same thing. :) It would almost surely inspire me to get my sewing machine out again. I don't have the budget for great fabric like the designers do though.
I do it by hand. No room for a sewing machine. And I get all my fabric from the thrift stores...if I find any that really grabs my attention and there is enough of it.

It is kind of like the cooking competitions I enjoy, but the competing cooks have access to lots better ingredients than I usually do.
Oh yes..the cooking shows I adore. I torture myself but I love watching them. Same with my newest kick...watching Brits move from the UK to another continent. (All on netfix). If you want to watch a really neat show, Foxy, and you have netflix, look for Jaimie and Jimmys Food War. Very interesting.

Oh yes..the cooking shows I adore. I torture myself but I love watching them. Same with my newest kick...watching Brits move from the UK to another continent. (All on netfix). If you want to watch a really neat show, Foxy, and you have netflix, look for Jaimie and Jimmys Food War. Very interesting.

I don't have Netflix but thanks for the tip.

Escape To The Continent I think is on Youtube. Fascinating seeing the homes there that Brits buy. And you might be able to find Jamie and Jimmy on youtube too.

I Loved watching the celebs that guest star and have to cook for the whole cafe, lol.

I enjoyed watching Michael Sheen (Lucian the werewolf on Underworld) cook. The nice thing about this show is...its pleasant, informative, fun.

Escape To The Continent I think is on Youtube. Fascinating seeing the homes there that Brits buy. And you might be able to find Jamie and Jimmy on youtube too.

Recreational viewing for us is what Comcast/Xfinity has to offer or something from our fairly extensive dvd/blu ray movie collection of favorite movies. I also look for the very few really great movies among Comcast's offering of thousands and set the DVR to catch them for us as much as possible.

When I'm on the computer I will occasionally view something interesting on Facebook or offered on a message board, but I want to be doing something--playing a game or communicating with somebody or whatever. . .just sitting and watching isn't really my thing all that much. So even watching TV I usually have my lap desk and laptop on my lap while I play games or take care of other tasks.

And I do enjoy the competitive events much more than just demonstrations.

I find it hard to believe that Shop dogs are a northeastern thing. Dalmatians in fire houses, bulldogs in fabric shops. People are people and dogs are dogs and they belong together whether it's the northeast or anywhere else.

I find it hard to believe that Shop dogs are a northeastern thing. Dalmatians in fire houses, bulldogs in fabric shops. People are people and dogs are dogs and they belong together whether it's the northeast or anywhere else.

It may not be, and occasionally I do find critters that owners bring to work here, but it seems to be pretty rare.

I love those British real estate shows! Escape to the Country/Continent are wonderful.

Why do so many empty nesters and retirees want three and four bedroom houses? How often does a thatched roof need to be replaced? What do they mean by Grade 2 listed? And the prices, when converted from Puonds to Dollars are astronomical!

Forum List

Back