USMB Coffee Shop IV

kaz, I 94 E to I 69 S exit 13 to US 12 E to M 99 S five miles. Wave just after the sharp left turn in town. ;)

I know I shouldn't laugh re the bank robbers getting away, but I did. . .

Bank Robbery in Downtown Los Angeles! - YouTube

You can laugh. Know why? At 0:23 you can hear a director call the cue "cops come out". First over a walkie-talkie, and then a stage manager on a PA system, then the actors respond. Presumably this is raw footage before a soundtrack was laid on.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
My best to you all. I am having a happier weekend. "kaz" is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan, where I will be this weekend and for most of next week. So I'll be getting coffee in my Mom's kitchen instead of here in the coffee shop for a few days.

Sunday we're going to Muskegon where my aunt and uncle are having their 50th wedding anniversary party. Will see that whole side of the family. My mother is packing up her house to sell, she bought a place in Florida in the retirement community her lifelong best friend and her husband just moved to from Michigan last winter. She'll miss Kalamazoo, but she's getting out of winter and maintaining a house and she can visit her other friends in the summer.

My brother and sister will both be there. They are two of my best friends. This is going to be a blast.

I'm originally a yooper myself, wasn't raised there and haven't been back since 1980ish. Had relatives somewhere outside of Kalamazoo, living on one of the lakes.
Saw yesterday , my dictionary word of the day was "Yooper", meaning Michigan's

Upper Penninsula resident. It has been added to the 2014 Merriam-Webster dictionary.

I think he was saying he was born in the Upper Peninsula and he has relatives outside Kalamazoo, not that he thinks people from Kalamazoo are Yoopers.

I know I shouldn't laugh re the bank robbers getting away, but I did. . .

Bank Robbery in Downtown Los Angeles! - YouTube

You can laugh. Know why? At 0:23 you can hear a director call the cue "cops come out". First over a walkie-talkie, and then a stage manager on a PA system, then the actors respond. Presumably this is raw footage before a soundtrack was laid on.

I didn't see that but Hombre slowed it way down and believes one of those cop cars that arrived was already waiting just up the street and could not have missed seeing the robbers run from the building. And the video footage also seems too professional to be pure happenstance. Still a funny clip though.

My condolences to your son, SM. That must be rough for him and the bereaved families.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8gO0Z818j4

i can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a child

I can. Trust me, it is true that no parent should have to bury a child. I could not speak at Angies funeral, And I speak at so very many of our veterans.

I lost my little brother and it about killed me. 14 years ago and I still cry. I don't think I could handle losing a child.

Just wondering how hard it would be to teach Taco to tap dance... Where can you buy tap dance shoes for a little brown dog? Should I enroll him in lessons????? So many questions for such a great idea.

Back to that ice cream tangent...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh3Jj7cEtrM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh3Jj7cEtrM[/ame]

"Thank you, Thing."

Last edited:
Just wondering how hard it would be to teach Taco to tap dance... Where can you buy tap dance shoes for a little brown dog? Should I enroll him in lessons????? So many questions for such a great idea.

They have them on the internet.

this one seems to be doing it without lessons.

I would never do this to my dog.

Last edited by a moderator:

They have them on the internet.

this one seems to be doing it without lessons.

I would never do this to my dog.

Nope, it isn't right. I don't like the way Lisa Vanderpump dresses up her little doggie Jiggy either. It's so sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dogs are not supposed to be all dressed up any more than elephants are supposed to do hand stands in circuses.

Fun article on Yahoo about the 20 roads you have to drive. There are 5 on this list that I haven't done yet! One didn't exist when I was travelling a lot or I would have done it back then! This is one of my favorite drives of all. This is dropping down through the San Rafael Swell on the way from Delta UT to Grand Junction CO...

Just a beautiful drive...

879f4ab0-1420-11e4-ade7-87ef8a36827c_the-interstate-70-which-runs-through-utah-is-most-beautiful-in-winter-especially-when-it-winds-its-way-through-the-snow-covered-spotted-wolf-canyon.jpg

https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/20-roads-you-should-drive-in-your-lifetime-1406312257-slideshow/

Forum List

Back