Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong and family as they deal with the passing of his brother-in-law,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

My best to you all. I am having a happier weekend. "kaz" is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan, where I will be this weekend and for most of next week. So I'll be getting coffee in my Mom's kitchen instead of here in the coffee shop for a few days.

Sunday we're going to Muskegon where my aunt and uncle are having their 50th wedding anniversary party. Will see that whole side of the family. My mother is packing up her house to sell, she bought a place in Florida in the retirement community her lifelong best friend and her husband just moved to from Michigan last winter. She'll miss Kalamazoo, but she's getting out of winter and maintaining a house and she can visit her other friends in the summer.

My brother and sister will both be there. They are two of my best friends. This is going to be a blast.

Really haven't been posting all that much, was having browser issues among everything else that's got me running.
My fonts would look "broken", sort of pixilated and very difficult to read as the problem became progressively worse over the last couple of weeks. Finally figured out what was happening and all is well with the virtual world this morning.
Up early for the Estate Sale II, coffee, coffee and even more coffee........

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong and family as they deal with the passing of his brother-in-law,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

My best to you all. I am having a happier weekend. "kaz" is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan, where I will be this weekend and for most of next week. So I'll be getting coffee in my Mom's kitchen instead of here in the coffee shop for a few days.

Sunday we're going to Muskegon where my aunt and uncle are having their 50th wedding anniversary party. Will see that whole side of the family. My mother is packing up her house to sell, she bought a place in Florida in the retirement community her lifelong best friend and her husband just moved to from Michigan last winter. She'll miss Kalamazoo, but she's getting out of winter and maintaining a house and she can visit her other friends in the summer.

My brother and sister will both be there. They are two of my best friends. This is going to be a blast.

I'm originally a yooper myself, wasn't raised there and haven't been back since 1980ish. Had relatives somewhere outside of Kalamazoo, living on one of the lakes.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
ItsFriday-26863.jpg

Beautiful day here in northwestern Illinois. Had my coffee out on the back porch watching and listening to the birds. They sure are a noisy bunch in the mornings. Coffee is good. Life is good. Let's get this thing called Thursday into motion.

What a peaceful image that places in my head, BBD. :thup:

We have a different species of birds singing every morning beginning around 4. They have a pretty sound to them, but in unison become loud noise and I have to get out of bed and close the window and then can't always get back to sleep. This happens in the summer. I don't know how they found my place, for the first time in 8 years and just 3 feet from my windows. The previous species waited until around 5 or 6 to begin their concert. That was acceptable. :lol:
Birds are fine, I usually sleep right through their singing. However 4am is a little early. If they are really that close to the window, here's one way to eliminate your problem ... :lol:

Cat%20Veranda.jpg

Well that is the obvious solution, but I HAVE to have the window open for some air in the humid room. Early this morning was really bad. They started their bird-fest at 3. Got up,closed the window, couldn't get back to sleep.....:mad: Work today is going to be a challenge but once I start talking, laughing and generally having fun with tourists, I can make it though 3 hours, before I crash and burn. Interacting with people is a great energizer for me. It's the getting to work that drags....:lol:

Good morning, Coffee Shop crew. A rainy morning here in the Land of Lincoln. Other than that, pretty nice out. Had my coffee and just happened to go on the web to my old home town newspaper web site. I saw on there where a lady I know had retired from working in the city Treasurer's office for 40 years. I remember this lady well. We went to the same high school and rode the school bus together. I used to deliver newspapers on my bike and now and then she would call to me from her bedroom window to come and talk while I was out and about delivering papers. Later on, after school, her husband to be, tossed a M80 firecracker onto the hood of my car while we were at a mutual friend's house for a New Year's Eve party. She ended up marrying the guy and they have been married for over 40 years. He's a retired police officer from my home town. Used to deer hunt with him way back when. Funny how seeing somebody's name in the newspaper brings back so many memories.

About a week ago one of my son's friends passed away. while at his funeral the other night he learned another one of his friends had passed away that day. it's so sad to see these young kids dying.

Sorry to hear that. Was it illness related? Sad when it's automobile accidents or something that could have been prevented. Hope your son is taking it well.

one was a motorcycle accident. I haven't heard what the 2nd was yet

About a week ago one of my son's friends passed away. while at his funeral the other night he learned another one of his friends had passed away that day. it's so sad to see these young kids dying.

My condolences to your son, SM. That must be rough for him and the bereaved families.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8gO0Z818j4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8gO0Z818j4[/ame]

i can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a child

What a peaceful image that places in my head, BBD. :thup:

We have a different species of birds singing every morning beginning around 4. They have a pretty sound to them, but in unison become loud noise and I have to get out of bed and close the window and then can't always get back to sleep. This happens in the summer. I don't know how they found my place, for the first time in 8 years and just 3 feet from my windows. The previous species waited until around 5 or 6 to begin their concert. That was acceptable. :lol:
Birds are fine, I usually sleep right through their singing. However 4am is a little early. If they are really that close to the window, here's one way to eliminate your problem ... :lol:

Cat%20Veranda.jpg

Well that is the obvious solution, but I HAVE to have the window open for some air in the humid room. Early this morning was really bad. They started their bird-fest at 3. Got up,closed the window, couldn't get back to sleep.....:mad: Work today is going to be a challenge but once I start talking, laughing and generally having fun with tourists, I can make it though 3 hours, before I crash and burn. Interacting with people is a great energizer for me. It's the getting to work that drags....:lol:
3am? That's way too early for me. The other day I was awakened at 4 by the phone, turns out it was just a fax machine. I was able to get back to sleep, but somehow I didn't feel the same the whole day. I need to have continuous uninterrupted sleep.

Here's another option which would allow you to leave your window open and might actually work...
draft_lens2070466module10612723photo_1216901370056.jpg

However, instead of the stuffed teddy bears, this would be more appropriate...
garfield.jpg

Forum List

Back