USMB Coffee Shop IV

1662430066065.png

Now the time is 11:50 p.m. and I'm beginning to wind down. That movie I dug out of our movie collection was one recommended by Twitter friends this afternoon: "The Fifth Element" with Bruce Willis that everybody commenting described as their favorite. I had never seen it for whatever reason, but at some point we had acquired it, so I decided tonight was the night.

Hombre and I couldn't finish it. It's sort of the sci-fi version of "Airplane" but wasn't as well done. I'm sure many are entertained by it, but maybe another time when we're in a different mood.

So good night darlinks. I'll have a better movie review next time.

I just became aware that our dear friend Ridgerunner passed away about three weeks ago. Hossfly has posted a tribute to him in the Announcement section. He was such a special member of the Coffee Shop and we will miss him.

And I just learned that this past weekend that we've lost our dear friend and Coffee Shop guardian angel Kat who had serious medical issues and has been on our vigil list for months. She and I go back together many years and I will miss her terribly.

Of grave concern are our friends Nosmoking and BigBlackDog, also long long time and active members of the Coffee Shop. BBD no longer seems to appear on the USMB roster. The last conversation I had with Nosmo was late spring. Both had very serious medical problems.

The pain of losing our friends and loved ones is worth all the good times, love and caring that they gave us. But I wish it wasn't so hard.

Last edited:
I just became aware that our dear friend Ridgerunner passed away about three weeks ago. Hossfly has posted a tribute to him in the Announcement section. He was such a special member of the Coffee Shop and we will miss him.

And I just learned that this past weekend that we've lost our dear friend and Coffee Shop guardian angel Kat who had serious medical issues and has been on our vigil list for months. She and I go back together many years and I will miss her terribly.

Of grave concern are our friends Nosmoking and BigBlackDog, also long long time and active members of the Coffee Shop. BBD no longer seems to appear on the USMB roster. The last conversation I had with Nosmo was late spring. Both had very serious medical problems.

The pain of losing our friends and loved ones is worth all the good times, love and caring that they gave us. But I wish it wasn't so hard.
They are always with us in some form , whether angels or part of the universe, watching over us in a good place . Even just remembered and loved by us,

I just posted the notice of Kat's passing in the Announcement section if any would like to post a tribute.

Last edited:
Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Dragonlady almost done with recovery from knee surgery.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mindful's daughter fighting COVID.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

And we bid farewell to two of our favorite USMB members and Coffee Shoppers, Ridgerunner and Kat. Godspeed and great joy to them both.
1662609470841.png

Good Morning Everyone
on my second coffee of the day, i have my mental health drop in today
i got to do a little bit of shopping and get food for batch cooking , I am the only person awake my husband Andrew and Cat Ninja is sleeping listening to music(GOTH)

I just posted the notice of Kat's passing in the Announcement section if any would like to post a tribute.
I'm so sad to hear that Kat passed. My prayers up for all her loved ones and friends who miss her. :hands:

And I didn't know Ridgerunner had passed, too. Thanks for letting me know. I will miss him. Prayers up for his loved ones and friends who will also miss him. :hands:

I love stuff like that, but then I was blessed to grow up with "Grimm's Fairy Tales', "Aesop's Fables" "Alice in Wonderland" and the great early Disney movies.

And a Twitter friend just asked for suggestions for movies to show her almost 10-yr-old son who is staying home sick today. My list: "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone", "Star Wars: A New Hope", "Wizard of Oz", "Polar Express" and I realized these were all fantasy movies of the type that spark creative imagination in children.

Hombre and I enjoy them all to this day.

And now Queen Elizabeth II, 96, longest reigning monarch of the United Kingdom, passed peacefully this morning (U.S. time) at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. Watching the news for the several hours before that, we knew it was imminent and her whole family was around her.

She had gone to Scotland on holiday and it was there at the castle where she mostly grew up that she passed. As Queen of England she preserved the majesty and mystique of English royalty. Over her 70+ year tenure as Queen, beginning with Eisenhower, she formally met 12 different U.S. Presidents. She also met Harry Truman in 1951, the year before she ascended to the throne. She never met Lyndon Johnson.

So Prince Charles is now King of England. His full name is Charles Philip Arthur George and he could use any one of the four for his monarchal name. If he goes with George, for instance, he would be King George VII. It is more likely, however that he will choose to be King Charles III.

And Prince William becomes the Prince of Wales.

Last edited:
No. Still here. Manager where I was going to move turned out to be a flake. So now I await Placerville. Up in the mountains, cooler, trees. Its a 1 to 3 year wait so I sit here and stew in my depression.

As something of an anglophile, at least the royalty aspects of the U.K., I always wondered why Phillip would not be king instead of Charles had Queen Elizabeth preceded him in death. And the short answer is that Queen Elizabeth didn't make him King but decreed that Charles would be the heir apparent to the throne.

Of interest, Elizabeth also decreed, on her 70th jubilee, that when Charles ascended the throne, Camilla would become Queen consort, meaning she would have the title of Queen but would not automatically become the monarch upon Charles death. It is assumed that the Prince of Wales would succeed his father. Which, if Camilla is still living would put her in the position of her step son and not blood relative being King. Would she retain the title of Queen or would that go to Kate? I don't know.

Charles won't enjoy a 70-year-reign as he himself is now 73 years old. Nor will likely Prince William as he is now 40 years old. He won't officially become the Prince of Wales and next to ascend the throne until his father decrees him as such, but the conventional wisdom is that it will happen. And who knows who will succeed him? I suspect it far more likely that Williams' oldest son George, now 9 years old, would be named Prince of Wales rather than Prince Harry. But I also could be presuming wrong.

I hope they all keep the core traditions of the royal family. Maybe in the grand scheme of things all that isn't so important, but I just think some traditions just make us happy and are worth preserving.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back