USMB Coffee Shop IV

1665293304670.png

Just a few more nice days.

Time to clear out the 3-season camp, drain the water, and move back to the main house.
Squeeze in a couple rounds of golf and motorbike rides.
Enjoy a couple more pontoon happy hour cruises.
Detail the car for winter and put the bike away.
Weather was like early June all summer....Wind blew and blew.
Last few shifts at the lakeside bar.

Time to clear out the 3-season camp, drain the water, and move back to the main house.
Squeeze in a couple rounds of golf and motorbike rides.
Enjoy a couple more pontoon happy hour cruises.
Detail the car for winter and put the bike away.
Weather was like early June all summer....Wind blew and blew.
Last few shifts at the lakeside bar.

In New Mexico we are settling into our "Indian summer' days. Our bright blue October weather will have cool but not freezing nights and mornings, pleasant afternoons interspersed with maybe some clouds, even some occasional light precipitation. Light winds. We are beginning to get some serious fall colors here in the city now but the full display is still yet to come. Brilliant sunrises and sunsets. Now that the Balloon Fiesta is over (as of yesterday but there were still a number of balloons up this morning), no heavy coats needed but we do keep sweaters and light fleece jackets handy. October is my favorite month actually.
1665414260454.png

Last edited:
I took this picture yesterday for Beautress. The colours are really late this year but there are lots of bright reds. Some years it’s all gold and browns.

I made sure to get one of our windmills in the shot. They’re everywhere. One of our local photographers complained it’s nearly impossible to take picture of a barn without getting a windmill in the shot. I think they’re lovely an elegant.

Attachments

• 21397F21-145A-49F2-BE15-3F8E03B8A372.jpeg
    21397F21-145A-49F2-BE15-3F8E03B8A372.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 10
I was out in my garage a little while back, had the garage door open and saw some movement out of the corner of my eye. One of our resident Roadrunners had come up to see what was going on. It stared at me for a minute then ran around behind my motorcycle, jumped up on shelf then up on top of the open garage door...... I could hear it running back and forth just checking things out. Finally I had to go in so I did a quick close and stop of the door, took three tries and it finally jumped down but not outside........ It jumped over to a platform I built for storage and refused to come down, I tried clapping at it, shooing it then I finally triggered one of my drill guns and off it went, out the door and gone. It didn't like that noise........ :lol:

I was out in my garage a little while back, had the garage door open and saw some movement out of the corner of my eye. One of our resident Roadrunners had come up to see what was going on. It stared at me for a minute then ran around behind my motorcycle, jumped up on shelf then up on top of the open garage door...... I could hear it running back and forth just checking things out. Finally I had to go in so I did a quick close and stop of the door, took three tries and it finally jumped down but not outside........ It jumped over to a platform I built for storage and refused to come down, I tried clapping at it, shooing it then I finally triggered one of my drill guns and off it went, out the door and gone. It didn't like that noise........ :lol:
Ours around here are pretty friendly and let us get fairly close but they aren't that friendly. :)

Last edited:
Ours around here are pretty friendly and let us get fairly close but they aren't that friendly. :)
I've literally had them come up and stand right next to me, maybe 6" to a foot away. I did scare the heck out of one and it scared the heck out of me. A couple of years back I went out one night to toss a full trash bag into the trash bin. As I turned to approach the bin I noticed something on top of it but couldn't tell what. As I stepped closer I woke the Roadrunner up and it took off flapping it's wings and of course I jumped backwards not knowing what it was for a few seconds. :lol:

I'm now caring for my youngest daughter's family pets while the whole family moves. My daughter and her BF are moving in together and have rented a house which they can't move into until November 1st. She had to be out of her apartment on October 8th, but he didn't give notice until they signed the new lease, so she's stored her stuff and is camping at his apartment until they make the final move in two weeks.

Two weeks ago, she moved her 3 foot ball python, Rosemary, to my apartment. She's a nice little snake but I joked that she sleeps 23 hours and 50 minutes a day, wakes up and gets a drink and goes back to sleep.

Yesterday, Mama Gray arrived. Mama Gray is my granddaughter's Russian Blue cat. My very friendly Skeezix welcomed her and the two are getting along well. I think she can smell my grandkids. I've been babysitting them on overnights when their mother is working, so they have a bed here and that's where Mama Gray went to sleep. Lying on their bed she was purring and content.

Last night, I fed the snake. My daughter bought a "ratsicle" when we were at the pet store, and we thawed it out when we got home. Once the food had achieve room temperature, I dropped it in the tank using rubber gloves. 10 minutes later it had disappeared. Rosemary has been sleeping ever since.

I'm now caring for my youngest daughter's family pets while the whole family moves. My daughter and her BF are moving in together and have rented a house which they can't move into until November 1st. She had to be out of her apartment on October 8th, but he didn't give notice until they signed the new lease, so she's stored her stuff and is camping at his apartment until they make the final move in two weeks.

Two weeks ago, she moved her 3 foot ball python, Rosemary, to my apartment. She's a nice little snake but I joked that she sleeps 23 hours and 50 minutes a day, wakes up and gets a drink and goes back to sleep.

Yesterday, Mama Gray arrived. Mama Gray is my granddaughter's Russian Blue cat. My very friendly Skeezix welcomed her and the two are getting along well. I think she can smell my grandkids. I've been babysitting them on overnights when their mother is working, so they have a bed here and that's where Mama Gray went to sleep. Lying on their bed she was purring and content.

Last night, I fed the snake. My daughter bought a "ratsicle" when we were at the pet store, and we thawed it out when we got home. Once the food had achieve room temperature, I dropped it in the tank using rubber gloves. 10 minutes later it had disappeared. Rosemary has been sleeping ever since.
I couldn't but think what greater mother love is there than the mother who is willing to babysit her daughter's snake. :)

I couldn't but think what greater mother love is there than the mother who is willing to babysit her daughter's snake. :)

I did outright refuse to feed the snake a live rat. The snake may have been welcomed into my home but no rats. No way, no how. Even the ratsicle was tough to deal with. I used rubber gloves to open the plastic bag it came in, and drop it into the tank. Some people hate spiders and snakes. Rats and bats for me.

My daughter told me she tried feeding Rosemary a live rat, and the snake made friends with it. She came home from work and found the rat and the snake curled up sleeping together. When it got to the point that my daughter needed to buy food for her snake's pet rat, she took the rat to the steel plant where she works and let it go.

Forum List

Back