USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just a few more nice days.

Time to clear out the 3-season camp, drain the water, and move back to the main house.
Squeeze in a couple rounds of golf and motorbike rides.
Enjoy a couple more pontoon happy hour cruises.
Detail the car for winter and put the bike away.
Weather was like early June all summer....Wind blew and blew.
Last few shifts at the lakeside bar.

Just a few more nice days.
Damn, it's time to buy winter tires... Another point in expences :))

Saturday morning!

Sometimes, both rivals lose.

Let the cartoon begin!

Really funny, Mr. Oddball! Blue ribbon coming your way:
1665859106850.png

1st place
Funny Video Division
:thup:

Are all of ya'll okay? There seems to be a rider down. . .

View attachment 710076
Lol! My broom's missing all right, but it is a wide, commercial push broom that used to house in the garage. I'm happy today, because my friend Ken survived his 2-week stay in the hospital for pneumonia, and an additional 2-day trip back to clear up congestion that was robbing his blood system of all its oxygen, so now he will be on oxygen for the duration, which may not be too much longer on this earth, but I'm hoping for the best. For those so inclined, please put Ken on your prayer list. Thanks.

Lol! My broom's missing all right, but it is a wide, commercial push broom that used to house in the garage. I'm happy today, because my friend Ken survived his 2-week stay in the hospital for pneumonia, and an additional 2-day trip back to clear up congestion that was robbing his blood system of all its oxygen, so now he will be on oxygen for the duration, which may not be too much longer on this earth, but I'm hoping for the best. For those so inclined, please put Ken on your prayer list. Thanks.
Ken is already on the vigil list.

Ken is already on the vigil list.
Thanks, Foxfyre, for your prayers, even if his prognosis is not so good. Even after all this, he may continue smoking which is horrible for someone with advanced emphysema and "small dark spots" on the lungs. My prayer is that of healing and that he will stop smoking before it's too late.

Thanks, Foxfyre, for your prayers, even if his prognosis is not so good. Even after all this, he may continue smoking which is horrible for someone with advanced emphysema and "small dark spots" on the lungs. My prayer is that of healing and that he will stop smoking before it's too late.
That would help. But once the prognosis is grim, I think maybe quality of life for the days one has left are better than stretching it out with lessened quality of life. That of course should be the person's choice.

Last edited:
I did outright refuse to feed the snake a live rat. The snake may have been welcomed into my home but no rats. No way, no how. Even the ratsicle was tough to deal with. I used rubber gloves to open the plastic bag it came in, and drop it into the tank. Some people hate spiders and snakes. Rats and bats for me.

My daughter told me she tried feeding Rosemary a live rat, and the snake made friends with it. She came home from work and found the rat and the snake curled up sleeping together. When it got to the point that my daughter needed to buy food for her snake's pet rat, she took the rat to the steel plant where she works and let it go.
That's a great story. :)

Welcome welcome to the Coffee Shop Blossom. We're so happy you found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. Hope your experience here at USMB is good. Love your screen name and that will factor in on the complimentary beverage you receive as a first timer here:

How about a pina colada with edible flower?
1665861521124.png

Passed up the gas station on the way to the grocery store today but noted it was up since yesterday. And I noted that the price of milk is also up again today. But listening to the car radio I didn't feel so bad when I learned that the cost for a gallon of scorpion venom is $31 million. I also wondered how much market there is for scorpion venom?

Welcome welcome to the Coffee Shop Blossom. We're so happy you found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. Hope your experience here at USMB is good. Love your screen name and that will factor in on the complimentary beverage you receive as a first timer here:

How about a pina colada with edible flower?
View attachment 710488
Looks so perfect royal Japanese cant feel like you deserve something so immaculate and then you wonder

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Dragonlady almost done with recovery from knee surgery.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mindful's daughter fighting COVID.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness.
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Autumn in Ontario:
1665905206123.png

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Dragonlady almost done with recovery from knee surgery.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mindful's daughter fighting COVID.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness.
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Autumn in Ontario:
View attachment 710779
Foxfyre, everything you said is as awesome as your beautiful fall bird's eye view of an Ontario setting. :thankusmile:❤️🧡❤️💛❤️🧡❤️💛❤️🧡❤️

Though there is a thin thread of the political in this piece (isn't there in damn near everything these days?), it primarily opines on how cultural rot has been mirrored (led?) by the ugly and slovenly "clothes" many hang on their bodies these days.....I found it thought provoking,,,,

Though there is a thin thread of the political in this piece (isn't there in damn near everything these days?), it primarily opines on how cultural rot has been mirrored (led?) by the ugly and slovenly "clothes" many hang on their bodies these days.....I found it thought provoking,,,,

It was okay until the end where it became ideological and no longer objective. Once a 'villain' is suggested, named, or vilified, the discussion won't be about anything else and it becomes political.

I agree that the less fashion reflects self respect and respect for others, that the more coarse, unkempt, inappropriate styles are allowed in more venues, the more lax our morals, the more coarse, insulting, vulgar, profane our language and public behavior. The less Emily Post or Miss Manners is taught in favor of 'self expression' in our appearance, speech, behavior, the more society seems to break down, become less cohesive, less able to understand, appreciate each other, less able to work together.

We kids grumbled about the strict school dress codes when we were in school, but we obeyed them because we still respected adult authority and didn't think it our right to decide such things.

The hippies/flower children of the late 1960's and 70's were the first generation in history to throw off the values, traditions and mores of the previous generation without some dictator ordering them to do so. The USA has never been quite the same since and I don't mean in a good way.

Forum List

Back