USMB Coffee Shop IV

Went to the doctor just now. I have the flu. Five days before the sisters wedding. Been told that I can have anti virals, as its been less than 24 hours since the onset of symptoms, but I won't be 100% on the day. I may have to watch the ceremony and go to bed before the reception. Will have to see. What terrible luck.
And what an awful thing the flu is! Aches and pain everywhere, I couldn't sleep last night, tossed and turned and was nearly in tears with the pain.

If I'd had my flu shot I wouldn't have this!

Why didn't you get your flu shot? It's just about time for us here in the states to start getting ours for this coming winter. Aren't you close to having Spring in Aussie land?

Work no longer provides them and they cost a fair bit to get them done at the doctors.
I think they're pretty cheap here at the pharmacies. The WHO should get on top of that if the shots are too expensive simply because so many are at risk every year. They're always talking flu pandemics. It only makes sense for them to be affordable.

Today is lumpectomy day for the wife. I noticed the search tag reads "no bra day"........ Nope, the doc said a good sports bra to minimize the jiggling for a few days.

I hope the procedure goes well for your wife.
Did you see the ones in the old format? They were pretty nasty.

Yes, but I thought that members placed them there. Who is placing them here now?
Members placed them here and there, over there most were from members who never posted in the CS and thought they were being cute.......... There was and still are members who take issue with not being able to shit in the CS for their own puerile amusement.

Today is lumpectomy day for the wife. I noticed the search tag reads "no bra day"........ Nope, the doc said a good sports bra to minimize the jiggling for a few days.

Yes, but I thought that members placed them there. Who is placing them here now?
Members placed them here and there, over there most were from members who never posted in the CS and thought they were being cute.......... There was and still are members who take issue with not being able to shit in the CS for their own puerile amusement.

Ahhh, capisco. Any way to figure out when the tags are placed on a thread and WHO placed them?

Ahhh, capisco. Any way to figure out when the tags are placed on a thread and WHO placed them?
Nope. On the old forum we were pretty sure one individual in particular was doing most of it, an old (not in age) member who was a self styled computer guru that ultimately was banned then started playing retaliation "games". Had multiple socks and hacked a few accounts including a Mod account. Then there was Dante and JB........... JB will never be allowed back on the forum, not after what he did. He somehow got a hold of the Admin's password (complicity?) and played havoc with the board for a day, he was perma-banned and the Admin was fired.

Why is being a non believer a relationship ender? If she genuinely cares for the guy, it shouldn't matter what he believes.

First let me say I pray that healing from the flu be swift and you be granted strength to enjoy the wedding.

I hope this answer helps and is not considered judgmental in any way. Christians should be the first to recognize we fall short and sin. As believers, we have God as the model of perfect love. Since a marriage is based in love and respect, having both believe and practice that same belief can be helpful (notice I said can be, not is). The Bible even discusses the union of believers to nonbelievers. Young one is a strong believer and wants faith to be a big part of her family. People rule out partners for far less. I know several people who wouldn't marry unless the future spouse was a Packers fan. ;)

Keep your electrolytes up and rest Noomi.

Went from a wedding for oldest daughter two weeks ago to young one breaking up with her boyfriend of a month. She discovered he was a nonbeliever. Middle daughter announced she has marital problems and that looks like a crash and burn too. What is the recipe for lemonade again? :(

I feel your pain having gone through some bad relationships with my own kids. No tragedy ending one that ended short of marriage due to irreconcilable differences. A marriage ending is always a tragedy though, and as much as we would like to fix it when these things happen, it is almost always out of our hands.
Yes, by the time for lawyers, the damage has pretty much been done. Irreconcilable differences have become an obstacle few can overcome. One partner has to change something, and the other one must also.

I dunno why.....but this really made me laugh. Have a good day coffee people. And Noomi, I hope you feel better....but please don't give anyone the flu at your sister's wedding....particularly your sister.

That would really suck. :)

Funny-meme-Black-person-on-the-moon.png

Good morning everybody. Still moving kinda slow, but feeling better day by day. Since the typical stomach flu is usually a 24-hour thing and then its over and this had dragged on for so long I'm thinking it was neither stomach flu or allergic reaction but old fashioned food poisoning. But at any rate it apparently isn't going to be fatal and I am feeling a lot better.

No idea what puts search tags on a thread. If mean spirited folks try to sabotage us again, I'm hoping C_K can just take the tags off the thread altogether as he did for the old board.

And 10,000+ posts for Coffee Shop IV? That's good. Coffee Shops I through III had combined posts of over 109,000 so we're now approaching 120,000 posts and going on 5 million views. That's pretty amazing. :)

Hope everybody is enjoying a good Tuesday.

Forum List

Back