USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love this. It combines two wonderful things into one. :D

dcups-coffee-shop.jpg

Went from a wedding for oldest daughter two weeks ago to young one breaking up with her boyfriend of a month. She discovered he was a nonbeliever. Middle daughter announced she has marital problems and that looks like a crash and burn too. What is the recipe for lemonade again? :(

I feel your pain having gone through some bad relationships with my own kids. No tragedy ending one that ended short of marriage due to irreconcilable differences. A marriage ending is always a tragedy though, and as much as we would like to fix it when these things happen, it is almost always out of our hands.

Mostly cloudy and 88 already and it's barely 10 AM. The problem with that is, they are predicting a high of 86.

Let's see. It's Monday. That means poker with Krispy Kreams. setting up not only the bar, but poker tables, moving bar tables to make room, stacking chips, making coffee etc. then breaking it all down and cleaning it up.
I'll be at the bar by 1PM and home 12 hours later.
Get your chips pre-stacked........

pringles_1.jpg

Was mid 60s this morning, has hovered around 60 all day. All I had to do was make a run to Stuff-Mart and make home made Fajitas tonight.......
Uuuummm, shoulda picked up some Pringles.......

Went from a wedding for oldest daughter two weeks ago to young one breaking up with her boyfriend of a month. She discovered he was a nonbeliever. Middle daughter announced she has marital problems and that looks like a crash and burn too. What is the recipe for lemonade again? :(

I'm pretty sure it involves losta sugar. :)

I feel your pain having gone through some bad relationships with my own kids. No tragedy ending one that ended short of marriage due to irreconcilable differences. A marriage ending is always a tragedy though, and as much as we would like to fix it when these things happen, it is almost always out of our hands.

It's so much easier when our kids are little and we can kiss the boo boos and they believe us when we say it will be all better. I think the best we can do is set the example to get through the trials in life by having faith that everything happens for a reason, and that even when we don't see it in the moment, it will work out for the best in the end. A positive attitude makes such a difference in successfully navigating those obstacles in life. Also, a hug if they're nearby, and letting them know that you love them helps make a difference as well. Sorry that you have to experience the pain of watching your children struggle in finding their happiness.:smiliehug:

Really, because I was hoping it involved gin.

A good start to the work week. Pretty proud of young one making a hard, but mature decision on her boyfriend. Taking part of Wednesday off to watch Harper. Grandbaby number two may be on the way...

Still, there is that big hole where a son in law and happy daughter use to be.

Went to the doctor just now. I have the flu. Five days before the sisters wedding. Been told that I can have anti virals, as its been less than 24 hours since the onset of symptoms, but I won't be 100% on the day. I may have to watch the ceremony and go to bed before the reception. Will have to see. What terrible luck.
And what an awful thing the flu is! Aches and pain everywhere, I couldn't sleep last night, tossed and turned and was nearly in tears with the pain.

If I'd had my flu shot I wouldn't have this!

Good morning everybody. Hoping Deri and Sarah are both feeling better.

I was scrambling for the covers last night when the temps dropped just below 50 degree--the window is wide open in the bedroom--and it is only about 55 here now at10 a.m. We'll have some Indian summer days ahead yet for sure, but I think the 90+ degree days are behind us for this year.

So enjoying coffee and then will prepare a nice brunch for Hombre and me. Looking forward to a good weekend.

I prefer those nice warm days over the colder ones!

It's so much easier when our kids are little and we can kiss the boo boos and they believe us when we say it will be all better. I think the best we can do is set the example to get through the trials in life by having faith that everything happens for a reason, and that even when we don't see it in the moment, it will work out for the best in the end. A positive attitude makes such a difference in successfully navigating those obstacles in life. Also, a hug if they're nearby, and letting them know that you love them helps make a difference as well. Sorry that you have to experience the pain of watching your children struggle in finding their happiness.:smiliehug:

Cause nothing hurts us more than to see our kids hurting......I wish I could just absorb their pain. I'm thankful that I haven't had one of those phone calls in quite a long while, that you know is going to make you feel awful cause you can't make it better.

Really, because I was hoping it involved gin.

That only helps for a little while......:rolleyes:

Went to the doctor just now. I have the flu. Five days before the sisters wedding. Been told that I can have anti virals, as its been less than 24 hours since the onset of symptoms, but I won't be 100% on the day. I may have to watch the ceremony and go to bed before the reception. Will have to see. What terrible luck.
And what an awful thing the flu is! Aches and pain everywhere, I couldn't sleep last night, tossed and turned and was nearly in tears with the pain.

Why didn't you get your flu shot? It's just about time for us here in the states to start getting ours for this coming winter. Aren't you close to having Spring in Aussie land?

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Sending extra healing vibes to Noomi. . . .

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Mostly cloudy and 88 already and it's barely 10 AM. The problem with that is, they are predicting a high of 86.

Let's see. It's Monday. That means poker with Krispy Kreams. setting up not only the bar, but poker tables, moving bar tables to make room, stacking chips, making coffee etc. then breaking it all down and cleaning it up.
I'll be at the bar by 1PM and home 12 hours later.
Get your chips pre-stacked........

pringles_1.jpg

Was mid 60s this morning, has hovered around 60 all day. All I had to do was make a run to Stuff-Mart and make home made Fajitas tonight.......
Uuuummm, shoulda picked up some Pringles.......
Just got in about 20 minutes ago. I'm everybody's designated driver and tonights drunk poker player was about 20 miles away.

Why didn't you get your flu shot? It's just about time for us here in the states to start getting ours for this coming winter. Aren't you close to having Spring in Aussie land?

Work no longer provides them and they cost a fair bit to get them done at the doctors.

Why is being a non believer a relationship ender? If she genuinely cares for the guy, it shouldn't matter what he believes.

Forum List

Back