USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sunday, clean up day. Changed the kitty litter, getting all the trash out, and wash day..... Running out of clean underwear, can't continue refreezing em......... :eusa_whistle:

Thanks Foxie and all of you for the well wishes. Appreciate it so much.

Hi Sarah! Nice to see you... :)
Hi Belle, good to see you too!

Have you had a nice summer, Sarah?
I've been in the hospital and recovering for the last month Belle. Out of commission mostly. It's called pulmonary hypertension or very high blood pressure in my lungs. No coronary damage but this alone is a fight with medication infusions for me forever. Hardest summer ever really. This diagnosis happens to women mostly in late 30s and 40s but even babies get it.

The medication costs between $70,000 and $100,000 a year. My doctor is an expert in dealing with insurance companies and this disease. I'm a lucky girl to have met him. He says it's the medicine saving me but I think he had something to do with it. :)

I'm getting stronger everyday and expect to live a long time. Now if we could get Becki back in here things would be perfect!

Oh wow, Sarah. I didn't realize you were dealing with such a serious illness. Pogo's friend Pat on our vigil list and of course Sunshine are also dealing with this condition and you needed to be there too. So you are. Sounds like they've got a handle on it and you are upbeat and dealing with it. A couple of dozen of us Coffee Shoppers pulling for you can't hurt.

Nope, it can't hurt. I'm learning a lot and hoping others do too.

No reason I just think black labs are great dogs.
th

I love labs...if I had more time to take care of a dog, then I'd get a puppy tomorrow.:)

bear7.jpg
Awww, what a sweet face. Want to just squeeze him.

Had to spend some time catching up on all the TV programs we missed while we were gone. Just had time to do about 3.....we're going to be busy trying to catch up before the new ones show up....anybody else watching "Extant"?
No, but did finish watching all seasons of Breaking Bad and WOW! It deserved all those awards over the years, when people were telling me about it, but I didn't have time to watch. So I subscribed to Netflix again, and spent 4 days catching up on that show. All I can say is, I hope producers catch a clue and bring forth some more of that kind of content.

I am watching, on Netflix, the first season of The Following and while it is okay, though very gruesome, I can't imagine it was approved for a third season as the two main actors playing FBI roles, Kevin Bacon and an actress I am unfamiliar with, have badly written and weak and incompetent scripts, or maybe it is their acting ability that is suffering....either way, totally inept characters, in my opinion. Maybe Season 2 was better. It isn't on Netflix, yet.

Yep, everyone that has ever watched Breaking Bad always says what a great program that was. It kept you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next episode....only other shows that have come close to BB as far as I'm concerned are Dexter and Homeland. We've been watching The Bridge and Tyrant on FX and they are good, but not near the quality of BB.

Good morning everybody. I just got up a little bit ago after one of the roughest nights I've had in awhile. We went with loved ones to the Olive Garden for dinner last night and then came home and watched a good movie, retiring just after midnight or whenever I signed off last night. A couple of hours later I was up trying (and failing) to throw up the shrimp scampi I ate, but was about as sick as I've been in awhile. In addition to being really sick I was also having chills (which I assumed accompanied fever) and shoulder pain that absolutely would not let me sleep. So after a very short night sleepwise I got up about a half hour ago. All symptoms have departed except that I now feel like I got run over by a Mack truck. Nothing a naproxen probably can't fix.

But that's it. I shall never darken the door of Olive Garden ever again. I don't know if they poisoned me but they sure fed me something I do not tolerate at all.

Oooh, that sounds awful. Nothing worse than enjoying a good meal only to come home and find it made you sick. I like Olive Garden and have never had that problem, but you never can tell, might have been one of the shrimp had gone bad and just contaminated the whole batch....glad you're feeling better.

I've been in the hospital and recovering for the last month Belle. Out of commission mostly. It's called pulmonary hypertension or very high blood pressure in my lungs. No coronary damage but this alone is a fight with medication infusions for me forever. Hardest summer ever really. This diagnosis happens to women mostly in late 30s and 40s but even babies get it.

The medication costs between $70,000 and $100,000 a year. My doctor is an expert in dealing with insurance companies and this disease. I'm a lucky girl to have met him. He says it's the medicine saving me but I think he had something to do with it. :)

I'm getting stronger everyday and expect to live a long time. Now if we could get Becki back in here things would be perfect!

Wow Sarah, sorry to hear that.
Very happy you have a good Doc and have your medication in order.
((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Wow Sarah, sorry to hear that.
Very happy you have a good Doc and have your medication in order.
((((((((Hugs)))))))))
Lots of good news lately regarding prognosis. It isn't the death sentence it used to be, hope there may be a cure for me. Prayers are welcome! :)

The wife wants to take a "trip", thinking about Roswell..... Just because..... No, neither one of us believe in extraterrestrials, it's about 4 and a half hours from here and visiting there would give us a good laugh.

Tampon Run

Seriously addictive game.

You have enemies, but instead of shooting guns at them, you throw tampons instead. You collect boxes of tampons on the way. Very simply game and a lot of fun. Y'all need to check it out!

The wife wants to take a "trip", thinking about Roswell..... Just because..... No, neither one of us believe in extraterrestrials, it's about 4 and a half hours from here and visiting there would give us a good laugh.

There really isn't all that much to see or do until the annual UFO festival they hold every year--in 2015 the dates are June 29 to July 1. Lots of speakers, goings on, costume contest, etc. etc.

Forum List

Back