USMB Coffee Shop IV

No reason I just think black labs are great dogs.
th

I love labs...if I had more time to take care of a dog, then I'd get a puppy tomorrow.:)

bear7.jpg

Hi All. Just wanted to check in. I have had kind of a rough hospital stay and recovery throughout August and wanted you all to know I haven't abandoned you.

It started with that Echocardiogram I told you about in May. It turned out to be serious but my heart is good. I will check in again as I am healing. I must admit I was hoping to find Becki posting. Good to see you all again tho. :)

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Glad your heart is good, take care of yourself! :)

Been to tournament. Didn't get a medal, but who cares? There were ten of us, biggest division I've ever competed in so far. I came around 7th for kata, but forth for kumite. I made it all the way into the bronze medal round but that is where I lost. Scored all my points against red belts who are one grade higher. I'm mighty pleased with myself as I have done a great job. :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Happy Sunday everyone! It's nice an cool this morning. I love September, even if it's a hot day, it usually cools off at night and we get a break.

Had to spend some time catching up on all the TV programs we missed while we were gone. Just had time to do about 3.....we're going to be busy trying to catch up before the new ones show up....anybody else watching "Extant"?
No, but did finish watching all seasons of Breaking Bad and WOW! It deserved all those awards over the years, when people were telling me about it, but I didn't have time to watch. So I subscribed to Netflix again, and spent 4 days catching up on that show. All I can say is, I hope producers catch a clue and bring forth some more of that kind of content.

I am watching, on Netflix, the first season of The Following and while it is okay, though very gruesome, I can't imagine it was approved for a third season as the two main actors playing FBI roles, Kevin Bacon and an actress I am unfamiliar with, have badly written and weak and incompetent scripts, or maybe it is their acting ability that is suffering....either way, totally inept characters, in my opinion. Maybe Season 2 was better. It isn't on Netflix, yet.

Thanks Foxie and all of you for the well wishes. Appreciate it so much.

Hi Sarah! Nice to see you... :)
Hi Belle, good to see you too!

Have you had a nice summer, Sarah?
I've been in the hospital and recovering for the last month Belle. Out of commission mostly. It's called pulmonary hypertension or very high blood pressure in my lungs. No coronary damage but this alone is a fight with medication infusions for me forever. Hardest summer ever really. This diagnosis happens to women mostly in late 30s and 40s but even babies get it.

The medication costs between $70,000 and $100,000 a year. My doctor is an expert in dealing with insurance companies and this disease. I'm a lucky girl to have met him. He says it's the medicine saving me but I think he had something to do with it. :)

I'm getting stronger everyday and expect to live a long time. Now if we could get Becki back in here things would be perfect!

Good morning Coffee Shop! 11:18 and only 77 degrees. They tell me it was 72 at dawn. I'm out in the gazebo enjoying the cool weather, nice breeze and the hoard of lovebugs when the breeze dies down. Good night at Doc's last night and I did manage to get out of there about midnight. 12 takers for George Thorogood's "One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer". Participants line up when the song starts and bartenders pour each a shot of bourbon, a shot of Scotch and a bottle or draft of beer and when the song gets to those words, it's bottoms up! Well whiskey and domestic beer means $10 apiece, so it's a good game to play.

We follow Thorogood with Toby Kieth's "I Love This Bar" and the regulars all join in.

Thanks Foxie and all of you for the well wishes. Appreciate it so much.

Hi Sarah! Nice to see you... :)
Hi Belle, good to see you too!

Have you had a nice summer, Sarah?
I've been in the hospital and recovering for the last month Belle. Out of commission mostly. It's called pulmonary hypertension or very high blood pressure in my lungs. No coronary damage but this alone is a fight with medication infusions for me forever. Hardest summer ever really. This diagnosis happens to women mostly in late 30s and 40s but even babies get it.

The medication costs between $70,000 and $100,000 a year. My doctor is an expert in dealing with insurance companies and this disease. I'm a lucky girl to have met him. He says it's the medicine saving me but I think he had something to do with it. :)

I'm getting stronger everyday and expect to live a long time. Now if we could get Becki back in here things would be perfect!

Oh wow, Sarah. I didn't realize you were dealing with such a serious illness. Pogo's friend Pat on our vigil list and of course Sunshine are also dealing with this condition and you needed to be there too. So you are. Sounds like they've got a handle on it and you are upbeat and dealing with it. A couple of dozen of us Coffee Shoppers pulling for you can't hurt.

Good morning everybody. I just got up a little bit ago after one of the roughest nights I've had in awhile. We went with loved ones to the Olive Garden for dinner last night and then came home and watched a good movie, retiring just after midnight or whenever I signed off last night. A couple of hours later I was up trying (and failing) to throw up the shrimp scampi I ate, but was about as sick as I've been in awhile. In addition to being really sick I was also having chills (which I assumed accompanied fever) and shoulder pain that absolutely would not let me sleep. So after a very short night sleepwise I got up about a half hour ago. All symptoms have departed except that I now feel like I got run over by a Mack truck. Nothing a naproxen probably can't fix.

But that's it. I shall never darken the door of Olive Garden ever again. I don't know if they poisoned me but they sure fed me something I do not tolerate at all.

Forum List

Back