USMB Coffee Shop IV

10671428_10203755780389683_4901953032273621692_n.jpg

Here's the pink Hummer we got for Jess today for her Bridal Shower. First we went to the Windsor, which is like this posh hotel where you have high tea (and scones, lol) and are served by people in black and white uniforms and British accents. It was all very lovely, and the limo was awesome, except I discovered that I get limo sick. Rarely get car sick, but I get limo sick.

But it was still worth it.
I sent Tracy a pic of the Hummer and the dress I wore for the day. She said I looked lovely and that it must be fun in the Hummer because it's playing Bruno Mars videos. LOL.

Whew, tough night. I don't know how to describe it exactly. It wasn't joint aches exactly, but they were very uncomfortable and I only slept a few hours. This has been an odd summer for colds here in the Triangle, there have been a lot of them for summer. Some people have been sick several times. I haven't gotten any of them even though I've been around one after another. So I wondered if this is the one I am not escaping. However, this morning I'm hazy from lack of sleep but feeling a lot better. It's going to be a very slow day though, going to just watch football on the couch.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Been a weird week. Began badly by waking up to an ache in my kidney. Set up an appointment with the urologist for Wednesday lunch time. He ran some tests and sent me for an xray which showed a 10 mm stone! :eek: So he immediately scheduled surgery for today and I have been running around getting blood tests and an EKG.

I am trying to reschedule my workload but since I already have everything in place for a 6 am start on Friday going right through to 5 pm on Sunday I am going to be "limping" through it literally.

Oh well, such are the ups and downs of life. This is just going to be one of those things you just have to tough out.

Hope it went well. Kidney stones are not fun - my dad has had them, they are painful as hell.

Yes, I had one about 25 years ago. I played a lot of sports growing up and I'm used to pain, but I had no idea what was going on. It hurt so bad I had my wife call an ambulance. They said they thought it was because I got too dehydrated. Wow, that was serious pain.

Hi All. Just wanted to check in. I have had kind of a rough hospital stay and recovery throughout August and wanted you all to know I haven't abandoned you.

It started with that Echocardiogram I told you about in May. It turned out to be serious but my heart is good. I will check in again as I am healing. I must admit I was hoping to find Becki posting. Good to see you all again tho. :)

Missed you! Prayers and ((((hugs)))))).

Yesterday, my wife made a passive mention of an interest in becoming pregnant again........ ....... ...... ....... ........
Hope you're ready to be a papa...again!

I'm stuck halfway between "Its about damn time!" and "Goddamnit, I'm already 32 years old!"

You're so young..... I think you'll love it. Children are a blessing, for sure.

There's something about being in my fifties when my last kid graduates that doesn't excite me, but I agree how awesome having children is.

That kid might just be the one that keeps that sparkle in your eye at 50!:rolleyes:

Well, one thing's for certain, I'm gonna know soon enough. :eusa_doh:

Hi All. Just wanted to check in. I have had kind of a rough hospital stay and recovery throughout August and wanted you all to know I haven't abandoned you.

It started with that Echocardiogram I told you about in May. It turned out to be serious but my heart is good. I will check in again as I am healing. I must admit I was hoping to find Becki posting. Good to see you all again tho. :)

Missed you too. :) Hope all is well on your end RD.

I must have missed that post, Sarah, where you mentioned going to the hospital, or I just plain forgot....my bad.....hope you are recovering quickly and back to your healthy state soon. Good to see you back.

Had a wonderful time in California. We met rain again on the way back a lot.....must be making up for the dry spell we've all been having. It was raining here at home when we arrived late last night. Was so tired.....but very happy to be home.

So I ended up waiting for the doctor because they are always late. :rolleyes: The drugs were good cuz I woke up in the recovery room and finally was offered something to drink! :eek: Felt like nectar after not being allowed anything for 13 hours!!! Came home and crashed. Yes, it is akin to labor pains and no, the drugs barely take the edge off. Eventually I fell into an exhausted sleep and woke up at 5 am today. Very bruised and battered but the worst of the pain is gone. Now the healing begins! :)

What happened to you, D?

I'm wondering how he knows what labor pains feel like.

"take your lower lip.... and pull it over your head" (Carol Burnett)

:confused-84:

Sarah, I had no idea what you have been going through. So happy to have you back posting and hope your health rebounds sooner than expected.

I, too, am very concerned about Freedombecki. She would not have just disappeared with notice, here. :(

I must have missed that post, Sarah, where you mentioned going to the hospital, or I just plain forgot....my bad.....hope you are recovering quickly and back to your healthy state soon. Good to see you back.
I missed that, too. So many changes going on lately and no time to stay with them. Mertex, if you are back from vaca, I hope you had a fantastic time.

10671428_10203755780389683_4901953032273621692_n.jpg

Here's the pink Hummer we got for Jess today for her Bridal Shower. First we went to the Windsor, which is like this posh hotel where you have high tea (and scones, lol) and are served by people in black and white uniforms and British accents. It was all very lovely, and the limo was awesome, except I discovered that I get limo sick. Rarely get car sick, but I get limo sick.

But it was still worth it.
I sent Tracy a pic of the Hummer and the dress I wore for the day. She said I looked lovely and that it must be fun in the Hummer because it's playing Bruno Mars videos. LOL.

Wow Noomi! That looks like a mini bus.....:eek:

Had a wonderful time in California. We met rain again on the way back a lot.....must be making up for the dry spell we've all been having. It was raining here at home when we arrived late last night. Was so tired.....but very happy to be home.
Oops. Just posted something to you, before stumbling upon this...

It is a wonderful feeling to come home from a vacation, as a rule. :)

I missed that, too. So many changes going on lately and no time to stay with them. Mertex, if you are back from vaca, I hope you had a fantastic time.

Thanks....yes, we got back late last night. We took our time coming back, stopping to eat and spent the night in Willcox, AZ. The weather was fantastic, we were in the 70's and even as low as 64 in one place. The drive down IH 17 from up in Peach Springs to Phoenix was absolutely beautiful. So glad to be back home and be able to sleep in my own bed......ahh, the simple things that make us happy, sometimes.:)

Ya... I believe this is what this board is all about now...

Advertise on US Message Board BuySellAds

Shame... it's no longer about the people or the debate... it's about the money, and that was my impression long ago.

All of them are about making money. This is the only one where I've seen more fair treatment and unbias, maybe why it continues to thrive in spite of many leaving because they can't have their way.
Stick around as long as I have and you will see some bias... I could tell you stories...

I'm sure that a lot of stuff where we only see one side may appear as bias. I've been on the other side and I know many times where some thought there was bias, there actually was none. It happens on both sides, both sides think there is bias, and I could tell you stories, too.

I'm sure there may be some forums where the owner/admin/staff is all of one side and everyone is happy, but it probably is very boring.
I'm not talking about how things appear, I'm talking about pure, unadulterated, blatant, in your face bias, and it's here. I've been a victim of it more times than I care to think about. Makes me wonder why I post here at all.

Sarah, I had no idea what you have been going through. So happy to have you back posting and hope your health rebounds sooner than expected.

I, too, am very concerned about Freedombecki. She would not have just disappeared with notice, here. :(
Thanks Athena. I'm getting there, it will take some time but it will happen. Missed you too. :)

I hope this link will take you to this video. I've watched it a dozen times now and laugh every time. Just hilarious... I want to meet these two imbeciles... the video caption say's "Humans and Alcohol"...

Forum List

Back