USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hi All. Just wanted to check in. I have had kind of a rough hospital stay and recovery throughout August and wanted you all to know I haven't abandoned you.

It started with that Echocardiogram I told you about in May. It turned out to be serious but my heart is good. I will check in again as I am healing. I must admit I was hoping to find Becki posting. Good to see you all again tho. :)

Awww I thought you had abandoned us for parts unknown because you didn't approve of the new software...I wish we'd had you on the vigil list, and I hope you're feeling better.:smiliehug:

No way Sherry. That's not me. Good to see you. :)

Hi All. Just wanted to check in. I have had kind of a rough hospital stay and recovery throughout August and wanted you all to know I haven't abandoned you.

It started with that Echocardiogram I told you about in May. It turned out to be serious but my heart is good. I will check in again as I am healing. I must admit I was hoping to find Becki posting. Good to see you all again tho. :)

Wow Sarah. I was really remiss not getting you on the vigil list. That will be remedied tonight. And Becki is still MIA--not posting, not responding to PMs, not responding to e-mails. I am concerned. But I thought you were just elsewhere and didn't know you were having such a rough time.

Hey Foxie. I couldn't even sit down at the computer, I also developed a sad case of sciatic nerve trouble from sitting in the hospital bed. Sore butt.. Anything else lol. I'm on the mend. Lots of people care around here, you find that out at times don't you.

So I ended up waiting for the doctor because they are always late. :rolleyes: The drugs were good cuz I woke up in the recovery room and finally was offered something to drink! :eek: Felt like nectar after not being allowed anything for 13 hours!!! Came home and crashed. Yes, it is akin to labor pains and no, the drugs barely take the edge off. Eventually I fell into an exhausted sleep and woke up at 5 am today. Very bruised and battered but the worst of the pain is gone. Now the healing begins! :)

What happened to you, D?

I've got some coffee antiques I recently purchased.
From the 1800's, a Turkish coffee mortar that arrived at my house today. It is made from wood and has a metal lining at the top. The carving of the wood is detailed and fantastic and the imprints on the metal are all an animal motif, you can see the birds in this picture.

Attachments

• Turkish Coffee Morter.GIF
    Turkish Coffee Morter.GIF
    211.2 KB · Views: 61
Will catch you up on our travels tonight... Yesterday we went to the Salem Witch Museum in Salem, MA and it was very interesting but not what I would call spectacular. Hard to believe all of those troubles were caused by a simple lie. Don't want to spoil it for you in case you ever get to go there. Then we ventured over to Charter House and that was VERY impressive!!! If you're a big fan of "Little Women" you have to put this place on your bucket list. I was amazed that this place is 95% authentic to the Alcott family and it was truly something worth seeing. Today's ventures took us to Plymouth Rock and Lizzy Borden's House. There isn't much you can say about a "rock" I guess except this is an important rock. If you expect more than just looking at a rock, then don't waste your time going there. However, if you can blend the symbolism in with it, it's worth the visit. We then traveled to Lizzy Borden's house and it was a very big disappointment. Her house was very hard to get to because of all the construction going on with the highway and streets that surround it. Once you do get there you are in for a disappointment. The house has been turned into a bed and breakfast and except for a very small plaque on the outside of it by the door, there is nothing to see. Oh well... I can say that I've been to a place where a young lady with a hatchet whacked up some folks and was found innocent in the court trial. However, there was a very bright shining star in today's travels. We ventured into Newport, RI and dined at the legendary Castle Hill Inn. My taste buds are still dancing and it was well worth the small fortune it cost to eat there. We cheated tonight and are not spending the evening in the RV. We checked into the Navy Lodge on the Naval Station at Newport. No quick shower here tonight. Both Mrs. BBD and I spent an hour in the luxury of a very long, hot, relaxing shower. Tomorrow we will venture downtown to check out some of the shops and to eat at a couple places that Mrs. BBD knows about. One of the places we are going, according to Mrs. BBD has the best clam chowder in the universe. I shall check it out and see if she's being truthful with me. We haven't decided just where we will go after tomorrow. My guess is we'll pop down to New London, Conn. and maybe spend a couple of days before we begin the journey home. Will decide on that tomorrow evening.

It's been a good trip so far with just a couple of event that have caused me some concern. Once while I was driving, Mrs. BBD turned the XM radio on and the volume was up very loud. Problem was, as it began to broadcast sound, it was the sound of a woman screaming and it scared the hell out of me and I nearly drove off the road. Then tonight. I went out to the RV to get Mrs. BBD's curling iron and while walking back on the sidewalk there was an event that nearly caused me to have a heart attack. There are some flowers and small bushes beside the sidewalk coming from the parking lot to the front door of the Navy Lodge. A damned old rabbit ran out from under one of those bushes and ran across my foot causing me to exhibit great fear vocally!!!

That's it for tonight. More later another day if I get the time.

Hope everybody that has health issues, get them resolved quickly. My buddy, 007 keeps making me green with envy because he always buys such neat toys, and all the rest of you bring me joy just by being you.

The other coffee antiquity has not arrived yet, but I have a picture of it as well.
This is an American coffee grinder also from the 1800's. Not as pretty as the Turkish one, but more functional for the time period. All the parts still work on it.

Attachments

• American Coffee Grinder.GIF
    American Coffee Grinder.GIF
    98.9 KB · Views: 61
Will catch you up on our travels tonight... Yesterday we went to the Salem Witch Museum in Salem, MA and it was very interesting but not what I would call spectacular. Hard to believe all of those troubles were caused by a simple lie. Don't want to spoil it for you in case you ever get to go there. Then we ventured over to Charter House and that was VERY impressive!!! If you're a big fan of "Little Women" you have to put this place on your bucket list. I was amazed that this place is 95% authentic to the Alcott family and it was truly something worth seeing. Today's ventures took us to Plymouth Rock and Lizzy Borden's House. There isn't much you can say about a "rock" I guess except this is an important rock. If you expect more than just looking at a rock, then don't waste your time going there. However, if you can blend the symbolism in with it, it's worth the visit. We then traveled to Lizzy Borden's house and it was a very big disappointment. Her house was very hard to get to because of all the construction going on with the highway and streets that surround it. Once you do get there you are in for a disappointment. The house has been turned into a bed and breakfast and except for a very small plaque on the outside of it by the door, there is nothing to see. Oh well... I can say that I've been to a place where a young lady with a hatchet whacked up some folks and was found innocent in the court trial. However, there was a very bright shining star in today's travels. We ventured into Newport, RI and dined at the legendary Castle Hill Inn. My taste buds are still dancing and it was well worth the small fortune it cost to eat there. We cheated tonight and are not spending the evening in the RV. We checked into the Navy Lodge on the Naval Station at Newport. No quick shower here tonight. Both Mrs. BBD and I spent an hour in the luxury of a very long, hot, relaxing shower. Tomorrow we will venture downtown to check out some of the shops and to eat at a couple places that Mrs. BBD knows about. One of the places we are going, according to Mrs. BBD has the best clam chowder in the universe. I shall check it out and see if she's being truthful with me. We haven't decided just where we will go after tomorrow. My guess is we'll pop down to New London, Conn. and maybe spend a couple of days before we begin the journey home. Will decide on that tomorrow evening.

It's been a good trip so far with just a couple of event that have caused me some concern. Once while I was driving, Mrs. BBD turned the XM radio on and the volume was up very loud. Problem was, as it began to broadcast sound, it was the sound of a woman screaming and it scared the hell out of me and I nearly drove off the road. Then tonight. I went out to the RV to get Mrs. BBD's curling iron and while walking back on the sidewalk there was an event that nearly caused me to have a heart attack. There are some flowers and small bushes beside the sidewalk coming from the parking lot to the front door of the Navy Lodge. A damned old rabbit ran out from under one of those bushes and ran across my foot causing me to exhibit great fear vocally!!!

That's it for tonight. More later another day if I get the time.

Hope everybody that has health issues, get them resolved quickly. My buddy, 007 keeps making me green with envy because he always buys such neat toys, and all the rest of you bring me joy just by being you.

I think I may have been to that place in Newport last year. Can't remember the name of it but they had Portuguese chowder. Probably a lot of places do there. Bon appetit, the BBDs!

So I ended up waiting for the doctor because they are always late. :rolleyes: The drugs were good cuz I woke up in the recovery room and finally was offered something to drink! :eek: Felt like nectar after not being allowed anything for 13 hours!!! Came home and crashed. Yes, it is akin to labor pains and no, the drugs barely take the edge off. Eventually I fell into an exhausted sleep and woke up at 5 am today. Very bruised and battered but the worst of the pain is gone. Now the healing begins! :)

What happened to you, D?

I'm wondering how he knows what labor pains feel like.

"take your lower lip.... and pull it over your head" (Carol Burnett)

Wow Sarah. I was really remiss not getting you on the vigil list. That will be remedied tonight. And Becki is still MIA--not posting, not responding to PMs, not responding to e-mails. I am concerned. But I thought you were just elsewhere and didn't know you were having such a rough time.

That's what I thought. Hope all is well Sarah, and if not that it soon will be.

Yesterday, my wife made a passive mention of an interest in becoming pregnant again........ ....... ...... ....... ........
Hope you're ready to be a papa...again!

I'm stuck halfway between "Its about damn time!" and "Goddamnit, I'm already 32 years old!"

You're so young..... I think you'll love it. Children are a blessing, for sure.

There's something about being in my fifties when my last kid graduates that doesn't excite me, but I agree how awesome having children is.

That kid might just be the one that keeps that sparkle in your eye at 50!:rolleyes:

Ya... I believe this is what this board is all about now...

Advertise on US Message Board BuySellAds

Shame... it's no longer about the people or the debate... it's about the money, and that was my impression long ago.

All of them are about making money. This is the only one where I've seen more fair treatment and unbias, maybe why it continues to thrive in spite of many leaving because they can't have their way.
Stick around as long as I have and you will see some bias... I could tell you stories...

I'm sure that a lot of stuff where we only see one side may appear as bias. I've been on the other side and I know many times where some thought there was bias, there actually was none. It happens on both sides, both sides think there is bias, and I could tell you stories, too.

I'm sure there may be some forums where the owner/admin/staff is all of one side and everyone is happy, but it probably is very boring.

Been a weird week. Began badly by waking up to an ache in my kidney. Set up an appointment with the urologist for Wednesday lunch time. He ran some tests and sent me for an xray which showed a 10 mm stone! :eek: So he immediately scheduled surgery for today and I have been running around getting blood tests and an EKG.

I am trying to reschedule my workload but since I already have everything in place for a 6 am start on Friday going right through to 5 pm on Sunday I am going to be "limping" through it literally.

Oh well, such are the ups and downs of life. This is just going to be one of those things you just have to tough out.

OMG! I hope you don't go through a lot of pain....I hope the surgery goes well, can't imagine you being up to working right after that....my prayers are with you, friend!

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Been a weird week. Began badly by waking up to an ache in my kidney. Set up an appointment with the urologist for Wednesday lunch time. He ran some tests and sent me for an xray which showed a 10 mm stone! :eek: So he immediately scheduled surgery for today and I have been running around getting blood tests and an EKG.

I am trying to reschedule my workload but since I already have everything in place for a 6 am start on Friday going right through to 5 pm on Sunday I am going to be "limping" through it literally.

Oh well, such are the ups and downs of life. This is just going to be one of those things you just have to tough out.

Hope it went well. Kidney stones are not fun - my dad has had them, they are painful as hell.

Forum List

Back