USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well..I had a weird dream this early a.m.
I woke up while repeating what was said to me in the dream..but I don't know who it was saying it.
"You must stop smoking. You are going to have a bad stroke if you don't stop."

So..I decided that maybe it's a sign. Obviously I COULD have a stroke at any time, but I have not been thinking about stopping smoking..or smoking at all. So how my subconscious dragged that up I have no clue. Unless it is some other message by someone else. All I know is it was a person..male I think...saying that to me.

With that in mind..I have been pondering it since I got up this morning. I think I have to stop smoking, lol. But I am NOT going to go cold turkey. I don't want to take drugs to ease off nicotine...and patches don't work for me. So...that means I have to do it slowly. My stop date is January 1st I SHOULD be smoke free. If I do it right. And if I hang in there. And keep remembering that dream.

I've already done all this many times before and failed. But I never woke up from a dream from someone telling me and me repeating it as I awakened that I needed to stop because a stroke IS around the corner if I don't.

Maybe this time it will work.

I wish you luck, Gracie.

Well, the car is full of petrol, my uniform is ready to be ironed, I have food and drink ready, and am all set for the big drive to Melbourne on Sunday morning for tournament. :) This is the State Titles, so if I win gold (I will be extremely lucky if that happens, lol) it will make me State Champion for my age and grade.

Bridal shower tomorrow, should be interesting. I hope my dress looks nice on me!

I am already going thru half assed withdrawals. I have had 7 cigs today so far. I can have 10. Half a pack. Tomorrow..the same. In fact, this month..half a pack a day. Next month....7 cigs per days. November...same. December...3 cigs a day. Morning...noon...bedtime. If I can get down to 3 cigs per day..I can lay them down permanently. Thats the plan anyway.

I am already going thru half assed withdrawals. I have had 7 cigs today so far. I can have 10. Half a pack. Tomorrow..the same. In fact, this month..half a pack a day. Next month....7 cigs per days. November...same. December...3 cigs a day. Morning...noon...bedtime. If I can get down to 3 cigs per day..I can lay them down permanently. Thats the plan anyway.

How many would you normally smoke in a day?

Wishing you all the best Gracie. That wouldn't have worked for me at all. For me it was cold turkey or nothing.

Sending all kinds of positive vibes to Noomi both for the wedding and for the tournament.

Deri is very much on my heart tonight.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning! I've been in the car for several hours on the way to the beach...only 6 more hours to go. I can't wait to climb into the hot tub with a giant glass of bourbon, served neat of course.

Almost 40 this morning. We are in fall. Grateful for an easy summer and hoping for an easier winter. Noomi will do well in her tournament and look good doing it. Foxfyre continues to mother us and worry about us, and even those of us who are on the far side always need mothering: thank you, MommaFox. Be safe and enjoy yourselves out there today.

any way to close out all that stuff to the right? all of the posts are like 3 words wide and 20 rows long.

Good morning! I've been in the car for several hours on the way to the beach...only 6 more hours to go. I can't wait to climb into the hot tub with a giant glass of bourbon, served neat of course.
A 10 hour drive to the beach and you want to climb in a hot tub?:biggrin:

My brother had a brush with homeland security and the U.S. Marshall's Service this week.

My brother now owns and operates the print shop that has been our family business since 1921.Over the years of operations, the shop has had its share of nefarious characters as clients. Crooked politicians, unsavory business owners and bookies from the local thoroughbred race track have all been customers of the shop. But Monday...

Three fellas from Yemen walked into a print shop. Two were adults and the third was a twelve year old boy. Only one of the adults spoke English. He explained that he wanted color copies of their Yemenese passport visas and their Yemanese birth certificates. My brother obliged them and sold them copies of everything they asked. The adult Yemanese saluted my brother by placing his thumbs together, forming a goal post looking arraignment and placing his hands on his forehead. Kinda like antlers, but the thumbs were together above his brow rather than planted on the upper corners of his head.

But on Tuesday...

One of the non-English speakers and the boy returned for more copies of documents. As the Middle Eastern customer spoke no English, he had a friend type the instructions to my brother on a cell phone app. The Yemnanese adult simply showed his phone to my brother and more copies were made and sold. Fine. Cash sale, no hassles.

But an hour later...

Five big black SUVs pulled up in front of the shop. Out hopped a small cadre of armed agents all wearing bullet proof vests festooned with stun grenades and badges. They came into the shop and asked my brother if he had seen the guy who was pictured on the warrant they produced.

That guy was named Scott Chaffee and he is a fugitive on the run from the long arm of the law. Mr. Chaffee had obtained an illegitimate driver's license using the address of the building right next door to the print shop. He had no connection to the Yemenese fellows who were in the shop just a few minutes before.

But the sight of Middle Easterners in the small river town here in Ohio coupled with the roll out of the Marshall's Service gave my brother quite a start! You just never know what's next when you run a print shop.

Back in the first grade, the teacher asked us what our fathers did for a living. Pop anticipated such questions to his first born on his first day of school. "My Daddy makes money at the printing shop!" I answered most precociously.

Last edited:

I know right. The house is on the beach. After I run down to the beach and put my feet in water then it will be hot tub time. These long rides make my muscle ache something terrible. Nothing a little booze and hot tub won't rectify. ;)

I know right. The house is on the beach. After I run down to the beach and put my feet in water then it will be hot tub time. These long rides make my muscle ache something terrible. Nothing a little booze and hot tub won't rectify. ;)
A ride to the beach from here is 10 minutes at the most unless it's spring break. Then it could take several days to make it the 6 miles to the Gulf

Well..I had a weird dream this early a.m.
I woke up while repeating what was said to me in the dream..but I don't know who it was saying it.
"You must stop smoking. You are going to have a bad stroke if you don't stop."

So..I decided that maybe it's a sign. Obviously I COULD have a stroke at any time, but I have not been thinking about stopping smoking..or smoking at all. So how my subconscious dragged that up I have no clue. Unless it is some other message by someone else. All I know is it was a person..male I think...saying that to me.

With that in mind..I have been pondering it since I got up this morning. I think I have to stop smoking, lol. But I am NOT going to go cold turkey. I don't want to take drugs to ease off nicotine...and patches don't work for me. So...that means I have to do it slowly. My stop date is January 1st I SHOULD be smoke free. If I do it right. And if I hang in there. And keep remembering that dream.

I've already done all this many times before and failed. But I never woke up from a dream from someone telling me and me repeating it as I awakened that I needed to stop because a stroke IS around the corner if I don't.

Maybe this time it will work.
I tried the long way, too, but it didn't work. The only way was cold turkey. Knowing there were no siggies in the house, helped quell the urge that soon passed. That was many years ago. I was a light smoker....one pack a week is all I would buy, just to discipline myself. Any time I wanted a siggie, I chewed Extra™ Sugarless Gum which helped. I soon didn't even need that. And I gained no weight. :eusa_dance:

Best of luck, Gracie. You can do it, if you're in it to win it.

A ride to the beach from here is 10 minutes at the most unless it's spring break. Then it could take several days to make it the 6 miles to the Gulf

Alabama has some pretty beaches. Orange Beach is marvelous this time of the year.

Forum List

Back