USMB Coffee Shop IV

A positive direction for Noomi and I suspect Ringel too. We all made it safely to Tuesday!

With the marriage of my oldest, Harper now lives an hour and twenty minutes away. ;(

This also means grandma is not watching her everyday, so day care is now upon us. Little Miss Harper has pretty much been around adults all her life, but almost no kids. I am really concerned about that transition and people we don't know watching her.
How is she doing, anyway?

Good Morning !

We had quite a heavy rain yesterday, got flooded and we lost our internet and TV signal yesterday for about 5 hours.
We can't get out today until it dries up a bit more because of the mud. Somebody tried to go to work this morning and got stuck. It's a real mess. :)
You've alway done heroically in mud, Angel.

So, today is my one day off from Doc's. Poker til midnight last night and got out of there about 2AM. Couldn't get to sleep until sometime after 5 and up and at 'em at 9. The wife is doing a wedding cake for Saturday and needed some last minute items from the store.
On the way out the door, she told me that she left her glasses on her desk at Doc's

OK I pick up her cakie stuff and figure I'll go a good deed and stop by for Mrs. S.'s glasses.

I trimmed the hedges or at least got a good start on it.

I really need a day off.

So, today is my one day off from Doc's. Poker til midnight last night and got out of there about 2AM. Couldn't get to sleep until sometime after 5 and up and at 'em at 9. The wife is doing a wedding cake for Saturday and needed some last minute items from the store.
On the way out the door, she told me that she left her glasses on her desk at Doc's

OK I pick up her cakie stuff and figure I'll go a good deed and stop by for Mrs. S.'s glasses.

I trimmed the hedges or at least got a good start on it.

I really need a day off.

Retirement is a bitch isn't it Ernie? :)

But I can relate. After a day like today I can honestly say I'm here:

10624811_776870275690108_8622698554672519844_n.jpg

A positive direction for Noomi and I suspect Ringel too. We all made it safely to Tuesday!

With the marriage of my oldest, Harper now lives an hour and twenty minutes away. ;(

This also means grandma is not watching her everyday, so day care is now upon us. Little Miss Harper has pretty much been around adults all her life, but almost no kids. I am really concerned about that transition and people we don't know watching her.
How is she doing, anyway?

According to all reports, day care is going well. Until I see it for myself,, I'll have some stress.

Well..I had a weird dream this early a.m.
I woke up while repeating what was said to me in the dream..but I don't know who it was saying it.
"You must stop smoking. You are going to have a bad stroke if you don't stop."

So..I decided that maybe it's a sign. Obviously I COULD have a stroke at any time, but I have not been thinking about stopping smoking..or smoking at all. So how my subconscious dragged that up I have no clue. Unless it is some other message by someone else. All I know is it was a person..male I think...saying that to me.

With that in mind..I have been pondering it since I got up this morning. I think I have to stop smoking, lol. But I am NOT going to go cold turkey. I don't want to take drugs to ease off nicotine...and patches don't work for me. So...that means I have to do it slowly. My stop date is January 1st I SHOULD be smoke free. If I do it right. And if I hang in there. And keep remembering that dream.

I've already done all this many times before and failed. But I never woke up from a dream from someone telling me and me repeating it as I awakened that I needed to stop because a stroke IS around the corner if I don't.

Maybe this time it will work.

Welp, right now we're in the upper 50s, supposed to get a rain/snow mix in the morning....... Yes, all my cold weather gear/clothing is easily accessible, Pikes Peak is already getting snow.

I woke up while repeating what was said to me in the dream..but I don't know who it was saying it.

So..I decided that maybe it's a sign. Obviously I COULD have a stroke at any time, but I have not been thinking about stopping smoking..or smoking at all. So how my subconscious dragged that up I have no clue. Unless it is some other message by someone else. All I know is it was a person..male I think...saying that to me.

With that in mind..I have been pondering it since I got up this morning. I think I have to stop smoking, lol. But I am NOT going to go cold turkey. I don't want to take drugs to ease off nicotine...and patches don't work for me. So...that means I have to do it slowly. My stop date is January 1st I SHOULD be smoke free. If I do it right. And if I hang in there. And keep remembering that dream.

I've already done all this many times before and failed. But I never woke up from a dream from someone telling me and me repeating it as I awakened that I needed to stop because a stroke IS around the corner if I don't.

Good luck, Grace

I bro
Kinda nippy here lately, too. Methinks winter will be coming earlier than expected.
ught the laptop out to the gazebo about 4 this afternoon. Granted the sun was shining on the back of the thermometer that hangs there, but it read 112.

It actually did make 90 about 1PM.

I loaded up the van with warm blankets..just to be prepared. And no longer do I leave my back door from my room open to the yard.Too damn cold. I think it was like 65 today.

I bro
Kinda nippy here lately, too. Methinks winter will be coming earlier than expected.
ught the laptop out to the gazebo about 4 this afternoon. Granted the sun was shining on the back of the thermometer that hangs there, but it read 112.

It actually did make 90 about 1PM.
We were in the upper 70s till the front/T-storms moved through. The temp dropped 15 degrees in 5 minutes.

Just check out back, it's down to 52 degrees, windy, rain with tiny ice pellets mixed in. About a month ago we went for a drive up in the mountains, mid 80s down in the foothills, upper 50s up on the passes. Typical mountain weather, be prepared for any weather and that time I wasn't thinking and we were wearing hot summer clothing....... The vehicles have been restocked with cold weather gear.......

Just check out back, it's down to 52 degrees, windy, rain with tiny ice pellets mixed in. About a month ago we went for a drive up in the mountains, mid 80s down in the foothills, upper 50s up on the passes. Typical mountain weather, be prepared for any weather and that time I wasn't thinking and we were wearing hot summer clothing....... The vehicles have been restocked with cold weather gear.......
It's still 82 here. It should hit sub 70 degrees on Saturday night That will be the first time since Memorial Day.

That's very powerful. Godspeed in that, Gracie. :smiliehug:

Keep in mind the power of habit -- analyze the patterns that coincide with smoking, and then change those patterns. It will smooth the road. You can.

--- And just wait 'til you reconnect with what food tastes like. :eusa_dance:

Brag, brag, brag....

Forum List

Back