USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been a weird week. Began badly by waking up to an ache in my kidney. Set up an appointment with the urologist for Wednesday lunch time. He ran some tests and sent me for an xray which showed a 10 mm stone! :eek: So he immediately scheduled surgery for today and I have been running around getting blood tests and an EKG.

I am trying to reschedule my workload but since I already have everything in place for a 6 am start on Friday going right through to 5 pm on Sunday I am going to be "limping" through it literally.

Oh well, such are the ups and downs of life. This is just going to be one of those things you just have to tough out.
Best of luck, TE, and how fortunate there is a solution to your medical challenge. I'll be thinking of you, as I have for the past many days, anyway. :smiliehug:

Ya... I believe this is what this board is all about now...

Advertise on US Message Board BuySellAds

Shame... it's no longer about the people or the debate... it's about the money, and that was my impression long ago.

All of them are about making money. This is the only one where I've seen more fair treatment and unbias, maybe why it continues to thrive in spite of many leaving because they can't have their way.
And guess what? Most of them will be back. They're just being stubborn and playing hard to get...:lol:

When did our names turn icky blue?
It was either that, or icky yellow.
ButWhyCon_320_ch9.png

I need some stability here!!!

You just don' like blue 'cuz yer a girl. :p

Snips and snails and puppy dog's tails. Own it. :eusa_snooty:
Personally, I am lovin` on the blue.The shade has a bit of turquoise in it, as it appears in my little corner of the world. It is pleasant and soft but firm. :thup:

Good morning everybody and a blessed Thursday for all. It is a cool 60 degrees at our house at this hour but will be in the mid 80's by late afternoon. And tomorrow night it will be down to the low 50's over night--makes for great sleeping.

I love this time of year--late September and October are my favorite months. The trees are beginning to turn and if conditions remain favorable, we should have some great fall color this year. I'm look forward to scenes like this at the Sevellitas National Wildlife Refuge less than an hour south of Albuquerque:

Bosque%20del%20Apache_73496.jpg

Shame... it's no longer about the people or the debate... it's about the money, and that was my impression long ago.

All of them are about making money. This is the only one where I've seen more fair treatment and unbias, maybe why it continues to thrive in spite of many leaving because they can't have their way.
And guess what? Most of them will be back. They're just being stubborn and playing hard to get...:lol:

Some truths of life that we are happier once we accept them:

1. Mom and Dad and/or the boss and/or the city, state, feds et al may or may not agree with us that they are idiots and should do things the way we want them done and we won't always get our way.

2. Our likes, dislikes, and preferences won't always be shared by those we must share our space with and to be able to compromise and adapt is a valuable thing.

and the toughest one of all:

3. Everybody isn't going to see things as we see them and/or appreciate how smart we are. :)

But it's okay. Some of you may recall when transactional analysis, mostly promoted by Thomas Harris's book I'm Okay - You're Okay was all the rage in the 70's.

200px-I%27m_OK-_You%27re_OK.jpg

Had a fantastic day!!! Left northern NH and drove to southern Maine. Had lunch at a place Mrs. BBD knew about. I had twin 1 1/2 lobsters and they were simply fantastic. Came out of the seafood diner and went to the RV to get my camera to take a photo of a lobster boat tied up beside lots of lobster traps on the pier beside of it and while walking over to the area to take the photo I looked down and found some money laying in the middle of a part of the parking lot that was not filled with cars. Just laying there all folded up with nobody around. I picked it up and shoved it in my pocket and went to take my photos. When I got back to the RV I counted the money and my eyes bugged out!!! Very nice find. I went into the diner and asked to speak to the Manager. He and I talked privately and I told him about finding the money in the parking lot and asked him what I should do about it. He said, "Finders keepers, loosers weapers. Enjoy your good fortune." I'm hear to tell you, it was a very good fortune!!! From there we went to take a photo of the most photographed lighthouse in the US and there is a reason for that. Very pretty. I got some real nice photos of the place that I will post when I get back home and have the time. Tomorrow's adventures takes us back into Mass. to Salem and the Salem Witch Museum. I want to see some of Mrs. BBD's relatives! More later.
Another nice little find I made... but it wasn't free... I just could not pass this little gem up...

Ruger Vaquero 'Birds Head'... the same pistol that 'Doc Holiday' carried... .45 Long Colt... buffalo horn grips... 3 3/4" barrel...

IMG_0005-0_zps98808833.jpg
Nice find. Your picture is not there.
Here's one I found on Google:

Ruger%2BSS%2BBirdshead%2B45%2BCaliber%2BVaquero%2BRevolver.jpg

This may be my next purchase, Remington 1858 revolving carbine (reproduction).

uberti-1858-revolving-carbine600.jpg

Also looking at maybe building (from a kit) a Tulle Chasse de Fusil. French, 1670s, one of the best weapons of it's time, 20 gauge smooth bore, could use large round ball for fighting and large game or shot for fowling and other small game. Was used up through the 1840s

french-tulle-fusil-de-chasse-42-parts-list_1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
When did our names turn icky blue?
It was either that, or icky yellow.
ButWhyCon_320_ch9.png

I need some stability here!!!

You just don' like blue 'cuz yer a girl. :p

Snips and snails and puppy dog's tails. Own it. :eusa_snooty:
Personally, I am lovin` on the blue.The shade has a bit of turquoise in it, as it appears in my little corner of the world. It is pleasant and soft but firm. :thup:

It's very stately. Whatever that means. There's a red ingredient in this blue too, without which it would look more like this.

Yep - and one can block the ads. I never see them. AdBlock Plus and NoScripts are my friends.

Ads?
There are ads? Who knew.

Good afternoon folks! I am just trying up some loose ends before I leave for the beach tonight. I have so much nervous energy right meow. :lol:

Good afternoon folks! I am just trying up some loose ends before I leave for the beach tonight. I have so much nervous energy right meow. :lol:

I envy you all that energy, nervous or not, mdk. I was just sitting here grateful that I don't have anything pressing that I have to do today and don't have to expend a lot of energy I'm not feeling. :)

I envy you all that energy, nervous or not, mdk. I was just sitting here grateful that I don't have anything pressing that I have to do today and don't have to expend a lot of energy I'm not feeling. :)

I love me a lazy day. My next seven days are going to be the very soul of sloth.

And on the lighter side, if you have a few minutes, I laughed out loud watching this. I wonder if it is as funny to the younger generation as it was for us older folks?

Been a weird week. Began badly by waking up to an ache in my kidney. Set up an appointment with the urologist for Wednesday lunch time. He ran some tests and sent me for an xray which showed a 10 mm stone! :eek: So he immediately scheduled surgery for today and I have been running around getting blood tests and an EKG.

I am trying to reschedule my workload but since I already have everything in place for a 6 am start on Friday going right through to 5 pm on Sunday I am going to be "limping" through it literally.

Oh well, such are the ups and downs of life. This is just going to be one of those things you just have to tough out.

Hi, I am so sorry to hear this. My husband has dealt with Kidney Stones several times but never that big!! I hope the surgery helps you and take care of yourself. Don't work too hard. Hugs and best wishes!!

Good morning everybody and a blessed Thursday for all. It is a cool 60 degrees at our house at this hour but will be in the mid 80's by late afternoon. And tomorrow night it will be down to the low 50's over night--makes for great sleeping.

I love this time of year--late September and October are my favorite months. The trees are beginning to turn and if conditions remain favorable, we should have some great fall color this year. I'm look forward to scenes like this at the Sevellitas National Wildlife Refuge less than an hour south of Albuquerque:

Bosque%20del%20Apache_73496.jpg

Wow! That is gorgeous!

Hi, I am so sorry to hear this. My husband has dealt with Kidney Stones several times but never that big!! I hope the surgery helps you and take care of yourself. Don't work too hard. Hugs and best wishes!!

Ditto on that. Take care, DT.

Best thoughts for you, Deri.

Forum List

Back