USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Hoping Deri and Sarah are both feeling better.

I was scrambling for the covers last night when the temps dropped just below 50 degree--the window is wide open in the bedroom--and it is only about 55 here now at10 a.m. We'll have some Indian summer days ahead yet for sure, but I think the 90+ degree days are behind us for this year.

So enjoying coffee and then will prepare a nice brunch for Hombre and me. Looking forward to a good weekend.

Good morning! I've been in the car for several hours on the way to the beach...only 6 more hours to go. I can't wait to climb into the hot tub with a giant glass of bourbon, served neat of course.
A 10 hour drive to the beach and you want to climb in a hot tub?:biggrin:

I know right. The house is on the beach. After I run down to the beach and put my feet in water then it will be hot tub time. These long rides make my muscle ache something terrible. Nothing a little booze and hot tub won't rectify. ;)
A ride to the beach from here is 10 minutes at the most unless it's spring break. Then it could take several days to make it the 6 miles to the Gulf

Alabama has some pretty beaches. Orange Beach is marvelous this time of the year.
I am right on a creek that will take me to Wolf's Bay and on to Orange Beach It would likely take an hour and a half by kayak. The Beach Express will get me there in 7 or 8 minutes.
Look for the little "Home" icon near top center.View attachment 31822

Interesting map. Is Wolf Bay et al sea water? Or fresh water?
It's brackish. Several creeks run into it, but the high tide comes up stream a bit from the bay. I've seen dolphins up the bay to Sandy Creek.

This will give you a better perspective. All these bays are connected either naturally or by canals. There is a lot of barge traffic in the Inland Waterway. Tough to see, but it follows natural channels where it can and heads west from Big Lagoon State Park and out the west side of Wolf Bay. Then there's about 5 miles of excavated canal that heads out to Mobile Bay and continues on all the way to Texas the same way.
My place is there in the upper left corner and the Florida line is 13 miles to the east by road.

snapshot6.png

Ya... I believe this is what this board is all about now...

Advertise on US Message Board BuySellAds

Shame... it's no longer about the people or the debate... it's about the money, and that was my impression long ago.

All of them are about making money. This is the only one where I've seen more fair treatment and unbias, maybe why it continues to thrive in spite of many leaving because they can't have their way.
Stick around as long as I have and you will see some bias... I could tell you stories...

I'm sure that a lot of stuff where we only see one side may appear as bias. I've been on the other side and I know many times where some thought there was bias, there actually was none. It happens on both sides, both sides think there is bias, and I could tell you stories, too.

I'm sure there may be some forums where the owner/admin/staff is all of one side and everyone is happy, but it probably is very boring.
I'm not talking about how things appear, I'm talking about pure, unadulterated, blatant, in your face bias, and it's here. I've been a victim of it more times than I care to think about. Makes me wonder why I post here at all.

I'm sorry that you have experienced such. Nothing is worse than to feel unfairly treated....I've have had that experience and it's no picnic. I hope you have enough friends/acquaintances here that treat you with kindness and respect to make it worthwhile, I know I do. They are the ones that make it worth spending time here.

This will give you a better perspective. All these bays are connected either naturally or by canals. There is a lot of barge traffic in the Inland Waterway. Tough to see, but it follows natural channels where it can and heads west from Big Lagoon State Park and out the west side of Wolf Bay. Then there's about 5 miles of excavated canal that heads out to Mobile Bay and continues on all the way to Texas the same way.
My place is there in the upper left corner and the Florida line is 13 miles to the east by road.

View attachment 31861

Fascinating. I have been a sort of geography buff since I can remember but I never looked closely at the area between Alabama and Florida. Interesting how the state line cuts up through the middle of the bay. I would love living near so much water though I think I prefer our weather to yours. :)

Hope you all are having a good weekend. My daughter is with me this weekend and I just have enough time to log in and contribute now because she is arts-n-crafting some kind of surprise for papa in the living room and I am "banned" from said room until the surprise is ready. lol. What a sweetie.

After such a fantastic vacation with her in August, every minute counts now that she is back to school and I see her less.

Ahh, she is calling now. Time to see what the surprise is. Later, gators.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. My daughter is with me this weekend and I just have enough time to log in and contribute now because she is arts-n-crafting some kind of surprise for papa in the living room and I am "banned" from said room until the surprise is ready. lol. What a sweetie.

After such a fantastic vacation with her in August, every minute counts now that she is back to school and I see her less.

Ahh, she is calling now. Time to see what the surprise is. Later, gators.

How sweet! Enjoy!

I'm finishing up a load of laundry..and then will make lunch and go for a walk around the lake. The fog is clearing up, so we are going to have a gorgeous sunny afternoon...and it should be equally lovely for the Solano Stroll tomorrow.

How sweet! Enjoy!

I'm finishing up a load of laundry..and then will make lunch and go for a walk around the lake. The fog is clearing up, so we are going to have a gorgeous sunny afternoon...and it should be equally lovely for the Solano Stroll tomorrow.
And this was the surprise:

uploadfromtaptalk1410632514933.jpg

Lol. .. sweet. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

How sweet! Enjoy!

And this was the surprise:

View attachment 31863

Lol. .. sweet. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

That is wonderful! A girl after my own heart.

I bet she set up little altars in her abode someday.

I hope this link will take you to this video. I've watched it a dozen times now and laugh every time. Just hilarious... I want to meet these two imbeciles... the video caption say's "Humans and Alcohol"...

That was funny.....thanks.

I must have missed that post, Sarah, where you mentioned going to the hospital, or I just plain forgot....my bad.....hope you are recovering quickly and back to your healthy state soon. Good to see you back.[/QUOTE]
I missed that, too. So many changes going on lately and no time to stay with them. Mertex, if you are back from vaca, I hope you had a fantastic time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks....yes, we got back late last night. We took our time coming back, stopping to eat and spent the night in Willcox, AZ. The weather was fantastic, we were in the 70's and even as low as 64 in one place. The drive down IH 17 from up in Peach Springs to Phoenix was absolutely beautiful. So glad to be back home and be able to sleep in my own bed......ahh, the simple things that make us happy, sometimes.:)[/QUOTE]

If you spent the night in Willcox, that means you drove past Benson and missed a visit with me and my hubby. Next time tell us and we can meet in Benson and say hello and have a bite to eat at one of our restaurants and talk Mertex.

View attachment 31861

Fascinating. I have been a sort of geography buff since I can remember but I never looked closely at the area between Alabama and Florida. Interesting how the state line cuts up through the middle of the bay. I would love living near so much water though I think I prefer our weather to yours. :)
We do get some oppressive humidity and the occasional hurricane, but none of your 110 days and virtually no snow. Foley did get 3 inches of the white stuff back in '67.

Had to spend some time catching up on all the TV programs we missed while we were gone. Just had time to do about 3.....we're going to be busy trying to catch up before the new ones show up....anybody else watching "Extant"?

She's only been gone a few days and already I miss her.....Freaky Fritz, my son's cat that we took back to him and part of the reason we decided to drive this time. She quickly acclimated to their apartment as soon as we got there but his girlfriend's cat, wasn't too happy about getting a new roomie. I hope Fritz doesn't completely intimidate her and they learn to get along soon.....our other cats seem way more relaxed with Fritzy gone.

th

Forum List

Back