USMB Coffee Shop IV

Picked up my new eyeglasses this afternoon and they are absolutely fantastic! They are so good I can see an ant 250 yards away and I am able to tell you what color his tennis shoe strings are!!! Got back home and looked at Mrs. BBD and was completely shocked to see just how beautiful she really is!

Which is no doubt why she looked for a really handsome guy to marry. :)

Picked up my new eyeglasses this afternoon and they are absolutely fantastic! They are so good I can see an ant 250 yards away and I am able to tell you what color his tennis shoe strings are!!! Got back home and looked at Mrs. BBD and was completely shocked to see just how beautiful she really is!

Poor gal. She ended up with a dog....... :eusa_whistle:

:D

I think it is time for another history lesson.

On this day in history, October 20, in 1802, the Senate ratified the Louisiana Purchase Treaty by a vote of 24 to 7. We agreed to pay France $15 million or roughly 4 cents per acre for a huge territory that doubled the size of the USA and enabled the country to expand into the west.

Spain had held this territory for about 38 or so years but had governed loosely allowing the USA free access to the port at New Orleans. When Spain signed the Treaty of San Ildefonso with Napoleon Bonaparte ceding the territory to France in 1800, President Thomas Jefferson feared that Americans would lose access to the port. He advised France that the USA would consider French expansion and control of the port a hostile action. Napoleon had already suffered a devastating military defeat in Santo Domingo (now Haiti) and was about to go to war with England. He could ill afford a war with the USA. He chose on the side of prudence and decided to take the cash and vacate the North American continent. And the rest is, as they say, history.

I'll have to say that I thought I was really up on my American history and geography, but when I was researching this today, I learned that the Louisiana Purchase even included a chunk of northeast New Mexico. Maybe I knew that once, but I had certainly forgotten it. The Orleans Territory shown on the map is also part of the Louisiana Purchase but it is significant in that it was afforded pretty much the same recognition and privileges as a state before it actually became one.

louisiana-purchase.jpg

As well as a sliver of Alberta. Wassup wit DAT?

Well here we are X number of months in to the new software. Many patterns have changed somewhat. Some patterns have changed completely. But through it all, isn't it reassuring to know there's at least one thing that never changes.

That being.........

Hobbes is up in a damn tree again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Deepest sympathies to Stat for your loss. Been through it several times; it never gets easy.

You are such a sweet hubby...tell Mrs. BBD that I said you deserve some extra belly rubs tonight.:thup:

Poor gal. She ended up with a dog....... :eusa_whistle:

:D
Yeah but he's very loyal and he takes commands well.

Prayers and comfort to the Stat family. Know that we mourn with you and send our own love with yours to Klia on her journey. She is pain free and at ease.

A side note about the Louisiana Purchase. The catalyst, the Santo Domingo Slave Revolt, is still the only slave revolt that led to sovereign statehood for those slaves.

I think it is time for another history lesson.

On this day in history, October 20, in 1802, the Senate ratified the Louisiana Purchase Treaty by a vote of 24 to 7. We agreed to pay France $15 million or roughly 4 cents per acre for a huge territory that doubled the size of the USA and enabled the country to expand into the west.

Spain had held this territory for about 38 or so years but had governed loosely allowing the USA free access to the port at New Orleans. When Spain signed the Treaty of San Ildefonso with Napoleon Bonaparte ceding the territory to France in 1800, President Thomas Jefferson feared that Americans would lose access to the port. He advised France that the USA would consider French expansion and control of the port a hostile action. Napoleon had already suffered a devastating military defeat in Santo Domingo (now Haiti) and was about to go to war with England. He could ill afford a war with the USA. He chose on the side of prudence and decided to take the cash and vacate the North American continent. And the rest is, as they say, history.

I'll have to say that I thought I was really up on my American history and geography, but when I was researching this today, I learned that the Louisiana Purchase even included a chunk of northeast New Mexico. Maybe I knew that once, but I had certainly forgotten it. The Orleans Territory shown on the map is also part of the Louisiana Purchase but it is significant in that it was afforded pretty much the same recognition and privileges as a state before it actually became one.

louisiana-purchase.jpg

As well as a sliver of Alberta. Wassup wit DAT?

Hey Pogo. You're back. Good to see you. :)

I don't think that's the Louisiana purchase in Alberta but a bit of Oregon territory did invade Alberta and British Columbia before Canada and USA sorted all that out. I haven't looked up how that actually happened.

Crappy day to be sure. One of my strays was spooked when the waste management company dropped off recycle bins and a garbage dumpster here today. The large truck blocked the street a bit, but it didn't stop someone from going too fast. The middle school is behind my house, kids run around here all the time. Anyways, my second favorite stray was run over and killed. I haz a sad.

No, it isn't the same as Stat's situation as your poor kitty was a neighbor and not family. But an unhappy event for sure.

You are not alone today are you Stat? I am sad thinking you are alone in that house until Little Stat is there again.
I ran my business today and then I cleaned house. Been a long, sad, weird day.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
I did that when Gracie died. Cleaned the hell out of the house. Kept my mind busy. Today I kept thinking of Klia and you, so I took Karma to the beach today to play in the surf. Gracie haunts me every day. I hate being alone without her. But I still have karma, although she is haunted too.

After some time..maybe you and Little Statalina can go find a puppy together.

The day has had a totally unreal quality about it. From one moment I am cleaning up after a sick dog whom I love very much, in the next minute I am taking my child to school and just two hours later watching my dog fall asleep, never to awake again, and then it's like - well, the day is here, I still have to work for a living. But once my last appointment was done today and I scrubbed for 3 hours, I had just enough strength to crawl into bed and just stare at the ceiling, with the laptop in, amazingly, my lap. Which is where I am, right now, whisky glass at the ready for a toast in about 15 minutes.

I keep saying that Klia would be my last dog, but I am already wavering. The place is extremely empty without her. I was going to give away her line and food bowls, but have now decided to clean and box all of that stuff up, just in case.

I don't even need to tell you how much I miss her - you already know and understand this, but when I replay what absolute misery she was in at the end, putting her to sleep was the right decision. Friends from all over the world have been calling and mailing me today to let me know that they are thinking of us (me and my daughter). That really IS wonderful.

I'm so sorry I was snarky, Stat. I was just feeling pain..yours, mine with Gracie...feeling helpless...anger at the helplessness...loss...sad for you...grief...all the above. Just flat out pain. And I caused you some on top of what you were feeling. Now I have to deal with that, too. For now all I can say is..I am sorry.

BUT..watch for Klia. She WILL return in some way to let you know she is ok. She will. I promise. And you will know it is her. She would not want you to suffer her loss. So she will come.

Good morning, everyone.

My dog, Klia, -whom I wrote about yesterday - has taken a turn for the worse. The vet told me as he was injected the pooch yesterday with cortisone that there would probably be side-effects, not the least of which is the pancreas - and the dog already has had and barely survived pancreatitis. She refuses to eat, refuses to drink. I had to place her pill in a little bit of liverwurst and place it in her mouth, hold her mouth shut and wait until she swallowed in order to get antibiotic in her. This happened once before, in February of 2012, but she could still mostly go on foot. This time, she really is "bedridden"

She can't even get up on her own anymore and is too weak to yelp over the pain. Since vets don't work on the weekend in Germany, the only real option for me is to make life as comfortable for her as possible and if she hasn't already died by Monday (which I consider to be a real possibility), then I will take her to the vet and have him put her down.

My daughter and I, we got back from the Oktoberfest at about 1 am this morning and my friend(s) who watched Klia for us really went above and beyond the call of duty. She peed all over my buddy as he was carrying her down the steps, so his wife drove home and brought him another set of clothes to wear. That is true friendship.

Because of the Oktoberfest from yesterday, I really thought my daughter would sleep-in forever this morning, so I snuck out the door at 9 am with the pooch in my arms and when I got back, I was with the pooch on the floor, giving her her meds, cleaning out her ears, giving her water by the dropper-full and gently talking to her. I was actually quite unaware of the tears coming down my cheek, but then I a felt a small hand touch my shoulder and my daughter hugged me from behind and we both cried together. My daughter asked if I was planning to have Klia put down and I simply told her the truth: that is is likely unavoidable, that death is also part of the life-cycle, and that she should use this weekend to say her goodbyes. And then my little daughter sat down next to me, petted the dog and helped to clean out her ear and give her some water with the dropper.

I just went with the pooch for a second time today and got her to lick exactly one spoonful of water before turning her head away.

So, with the dog bundled up, my daughter and I are going swimming for a while. There is nothing we can do and the pooch will sleep for four or five hours, anyway. Just 10 steps once I get her on her feet just totally wears her out.

I feel pretty ripped-up inside. Having to say goodbye to a true companion like my dog is very, very difficult.

-Stat
Most heartfelt condolences. Reads like it's time, buddy. Hard, but necessary...let her go to her rest. These times are never easy and I wish you, and your young daughter, to very best.

Losing a life pet is a heart render. All my best to you, Stat.
Yes, isn't it. More often than not, it is a best friend we are losing. Hurts for a long time until the great memories start outnumbering those associated with the loss and we are able to get back to reality.

My heartfelt sympathies to Stat.

I still miss my american eskimo after all these years.
Shit, for a second there, I thought you were talking about me.

Good morning, everyone.

My dog, Klia, -whom I wrote about yesterday - has taken a turn for the worse. The vet told me as he was injected the pooch yesterday with cortisone that there would probably be side-effects, not the least of which is the pancreas - and the dog already has had and barely survived pancreatitis. She refuses to eat, refuses to drink. I had to place her pill in a little bit of liverwurst and place it in her mouth, hold her mouth shut and wait until she swallowed in order to get antibiotic in her. This happened once before, in February of 2012, but she could still mostly go on foot. This time, she really is "bedridden"

She can't even get up on her own anymore and is too weak to yelp over the pain. Since vets don't work on the weekend in Germany, the only real option for me is to make life as comfortable for her as possible and if she hasn't already died by Monday (which I consider to be a real possibility), then I will take her to the vet and have him put her down.

My daughter and I, we got back from the Oktoberfest at about 1 am this morning and my friend(s) who watched Klia for us really went above and beyond the call of duty. She peed all over my buddy as he was carrying her down the steps, so his wife drove home and brought him another set of clothes to wear. That is true friendship.

Because of the Oktoberfest from yesterday, I really thought my daughter would sleep-in forever this morning, so I snuck out the door at 9 am with the pooch in my arms and when I got back, I was with the pooch on the floor, giving her her meds, cleaning out her ears, giving her water by the dropper-full and gently talking to her. I was actually quite unaware of the tears coming down my cheek, but then I a felt a small hand touch my shoulder and my daughter hugged me from behind and we both cried together. My daughter asked if I was planning to have Klia put down and I simply told her the truth: that is is likely unavoidable, that death is also part of the life-cycle, and that she should use this weekend to say her goodbyes. And then my little daughter sat down next to me, petted the dog and helped to clean out her ear and give her some water with the dropper.

I just went with the pooch for a second time today and got her to lick exactly one spoonful of water before turning her head away.

So, with the dog bundled up, my daughter and I are going swimming for a while. There is nothing we can do and the pooch will sleep for four or five hours, anyway. Just 10 steps once I get her on her feet just totally wears her out.

I feel pretty ripped-up inside. Having to say goodbye to a true companion like my dog is very, very difficult.

-Stat

Putting her down is the best thing you can do. Klia is not enjoying life much, and she doesn't need to undergo all that pain. So sorry you have to wait until Monday....I hope Klia isn't in unbearable pain. I feel for you, Stat, it's hard to say goodbye to our pets.

It's been a long day, spent all of it with daughter and dog. Princess Statalina is really understanding that this is coming to an end and although she is sad, she knows it is for the best. I am totally torn up inside, but know also that it is for the best.

When we got home from swimming, the first thing I did was to grab the dog to take her outside. She really did try to stand up and almost made it, and when we got outside, instead of taking 10 steps, she took maybe 15 and then fell over. I got her back up on her feet and she peed and wanted to go back indoors immediately. She is even too tired to squeal that she is in pain. To answer Nosmo King or perhaps Luddly Neddite (I am just too tired to remember who wrote what, sorry guys), the vet told me that that all courses of action had run out and that an extreme cortisone shot could maybe or maybe not get the pooch back on her feet. He told me there would be side-effects, like extreme hunger and thirst and therefore the need to go pee more, unless of course the cortisone were to also adversely affect the pancreas (and hers is already shot from a sickness in 2012), so I am sure the cortisone may kill the dog even sooner, because she refuses to eat even one bit and getting more than one lick of water into her is impossible. She has no appetite at all. A dog can live for a number of days without food, but for 2-3 days maximum without water.

It's possible that the vet, on Monday, could give her a fluids IV. He did this in 2012 and again in 2013 and the dog walked around as if it had two extra pouches on the sides of her shoulders for a day or so - but that is nothing more than a stop-gap measure. It looks like an ear infection has ruined her balance and the pain overall is just too much for her, even with the pain meds which started today.

Hell, she is 16.5 years old, which equals about 115 human years, if I recall.

So, I am on deathwatch tonight and tomorrow. Gracie gave some really good advice to me a long time ago and told me to talk with the dog and let her know that it is ok for her to go over to the other side. Well, the dog is so out of it, I am not even sure she registers that I am her master most of the time. She is totally confused and obviously miserable. But when I talked with her just about 15 minutes ago, I got one lick on the hand and am taking that to mean that poochie understands me.

My daughter, of her own volition, groomed the dog this evening and sat with her. The kid even gave up her Scooby Doo cartoons to do this. She wanted the dog in her bed for the night, but I said no.

I want to thank so many people her for the kind thoughts and well-written responses to my situation. That is truly kind of all of you. Wow.
16.5 years is a good, long run for most dogs. She's most likely had a wonderful life with a loving "dad" (you). It's time to man up an let her go. Were it only so available for the people we love. She knows, talk to her...love her. She knows.

Good morning, everyone.

-Stat

Putting her down is the best thing you can do. Klia is not enjoying life much, and she doesn't need to undergo all that pain. So sorry you have to wait until Monday....I hope Klia isn't in unbearable pain. I feel for you, Stat, it's hard to say goodbye to our pets.

It's been a long day, spent all of it with daughter and dog. Princess Statalina is really understanding that this is coming to an end and although she is sad, she knows it is for the best. I am totally torn up inside, but know also that it is for the best.

When we got home from swimming, the first thing I did was to grab the dog to take her outside. She really did try to stand up and almost made it, and when we got outside, instead of taking 10 steps, she took maybe 15 and then fell over. I got her back up on her feet and she peed and wanted to go back indoors immediately. She is even too tired to squeal that she is in pain. To answer Nosmo King or perhaps Luddly Neddite (I am just too tired to remember who wrote what, sorry guys), the vet told me that that all courses of action had run out and that an extreme cortisone shot could maybe or maybe not get the pooch back on her feet. He told me there would be side-effects, like extreme hunger and thirst and therefore the need to go pee more, unless of course the cortisone were to also adversely affect the pancreas (and hers is already shot from a sickness in 2012), so I am sure the cortisone may kill the dog even sooner, because she refuses to eat even one bit and getting more than one lick of water into her is impossible. She has no appetite at all. A dog can live for a number of days without food, but for 2-3 days maximum without water.

It's possible that the vet, on Monday, could give her a fluids IV. He did this in 2012 and again in 2013 and the dog walked around as if it had two extra pouches on the sides of her shoulders for a day or so - but that is nothing more than a stop-gap measure. It looks like an ear infection has ruined her balance and the pain overall is just too much for her, even with the pain meds which started today.

So, I am on deathwatch tonight and tomorrow. Gracie gave some really good advice to me a long time ago and told me to talk with the dog and let her know that it is ok for her to go over to the other side. Well, the dog is so out of it, I am not even sure she registers that I am her master most of the time. She is totally confused and obviously miserable. But when I talked with her just about 15 minutes ago, I got one lick on the hand and am taking that to mean that poochie understands me.

My daughter, of her own volition, groomed the dog this evening and sat with her. The kid even gave up her Scooby Doo cartoons to do this. She wanted the dog in her bed for the night, but I said no.

I want to thank so many people her for the kind thoughts and well-written responses to my situation. That is truly kind of all of you. Wow.
It's time, Stat. On Monday...take Klia to the vet and tell her why you are. Then send her on her way. Be with her. Hold her. Talk to her as it is happening, and do it. I will send a prayer that Gracie meet her at Rainbow Bridge so when she crosses over she will be met by all your previous pets, and mine too. At this point, you have to be Klia's best friend...and send her on her way. If you can do it on Sunday and the Vet is available...do it asap. Klia wants to go and she needs help getting there. So help her cross over.
I'm so sorry. :(
—Continuous loop contains two gases and a titanium center wire capable of absorbing an amount of hydrogen gas proportional to its temperature.
—Filled with helium gas under pressure, at normal temperature the helium pressure is proportional to the average temperature of the entire tube.
—When the average temperature of the tube reaches a set value, the helium pressure is sufficient to close a set of normally open contacts and initiate a warning.
—If an actual fire heats a localized area sufficiently, the center wire will release enough hydrogen to increase pressure, close the relays, and initiate a warning.
—When fire or overheat condition has been corrected, gas pressure decreases and alarm is silenced.
—Two switches are included: the normally open switch responds to sensor pressure, the second, and integrity switch, is held closed by normal sensor pressure. If a break in the sensor occurs, pressure is lost, this switch opens. When the test switch is closed, no current can flow and the test fails.
Good morning, everyone.

-Stat

It's time, Stat. On Monday...take Klia to the vet and tell her why you are. Then send her on her way. Be with her. Hold her. Talk to her as it is happening, and do it. I will send a prayer that Gracie meet her at Rainbow Bridge so when she crosses over she will be met by all your previous pets, and mine too. At this point, you have to be Klia's best friend...and send her on her way. If you can do it on Sunday and the Vet is available...do it asap. Klia wants to go and she needs help getting there. So help her cross over.
I'm so sorry. :(
Bless you, Gracie, for your good heart!

Forum List

Back