USMB Coffee Shop IV

All mine are cremated. Costs more, but I don't want them in the ground. I finally laid the last ones under the tree in the backyard but Gracie is still in her heart shaped box next to my monitor. She stays there until Karma goes, then Moki, then either me or hubby. Last one standing takes us all together and dumps us in the ocean. Together.
Funny, my partner started a tradition of hanging the kitties in boxes in a tree near the house. The dogs are buried beneath that tree. He believes the cats like being high so they can watch their world. The dogs are more down-to-earth, though.

Good morning all. Still send prayers of strength and comfort to Stat and his daughter. Another crisp and gorgeous bright blue morning in Albuquerque with a chance for showers later. But that chance for rain means there will be white fluffly clouds gathering over the high terrain and drifting overhead from time to time making for quite beautiful skies and a chance for a beautiful sunset.

New Mexico sunsets can be amazing:
33_1059876048_1060_0002_002.jpg

Send best wishes for a good Sunday for all. Hombre and I are having a light breakfast and I will be preaching at the Rehab center later this morning. And we'll bring tacos home for lunch. Life is good.
OMG!!! Fire in the sky. That is so beautiful.

You are not alone today are you Stat? I am sad thinking you are alone in that house until Little Stat is there again.
I ran my business today and then I cleaned house. Been a long, sad, weird day.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
I did that when Gracie died. Cleaned the hell out of the house. Kept my mind busy. Today I kept thinking of Klia and you, so I took Karma to the beach today to play in the surf. Gracie haunts me every day. I hate being alone without her. But I still have karma, although she is haunted too.

After some time..maybe you and Little Statalina can go find a puppy together.

The day has had a totally unreal quality about it. From one moment I am cleaning up after a sick dog whom I love very much, in the next minute I am taking my child to school and just two hours later watching my dog fall asleep, never to awake again, and then it's like - well, the day is here, I still have to work for a living. But once my last appointment was done today and I scrubbed for 3 hours, I had just enough strength to crawl into bed and just stare at the ceiling, with the laptop in, amazingly, my lap. Which is where I am, right now, whisky glass at the ready for a toast in about 15 minutes.

I keep saying that Klia would be my last dog, but I am already wavering. The place is extremely empty without her. I was going to give away her line and food bowls, but have now decided to clean and box all of that stuff up, just in case.

I don't even need to tell you how much I miss her - you already know and understand this, but when I replay what absolute misery she was in at the end, putting her to sleep was the right decision. Friends from all over the world have been calling and mailing me today to let me know that they are thinking of us (me and my daughter). That really IS wonderful.
Last dog...blah-blah-blah...you will find another. You cannot help yourself. Do you have shelters or rescues there? Give a dog with no other hope a new lease on life. Klia will always be remembered.

Well here we are X number of months in to the new software. Many patterns have changed somewhat. Some patterns have changed completely. But through it all, isn't it reassuring to know there's at least one thing that never changes.

That being.........

Hobbes is up in a damn tree again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Deepest sympathies to Stat for your loss. Been through it several times; it never gets easy.
Dood, up the tree again. I feel for you. At least Sherman only gets outside. Of course, once I start moving, if he gets out in Canada, he's most likely gone.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Stat and his daughter in the passing of their beloved Klia,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

You are not alone today are you Stat? I am sad thinking you are alone in that house until Little Stat is there again.

I did that when Gracie died. Cleaned the hell out of the house. Kept my mind busy. Today I kept thinking of Klia and you, so I took Karma to the beach today to play in the surf. Gracie haunts me every day. I hate being alone without her. But I still have karma, although she is haunted too.

The day has had a totally unreal quality about it. From one moment I am cleaning up after a sick dog whom I love very much, in the next minute I am taking my child to school and just two hours later watching my dog fall asleep, never to awake again, and then it's like - well, the day is here, I still have to work for a living. But once my last appointment was done today and I scrubbed for 3 hours, I had just enough strength to crawl into bed and just stare at the ceiling, with the laptop in, amazingly, my lap. Which is where I am, right now, whisky glass at the ready for a toast in about 15 minutes.

I keep saying that Klia would be my last dog, but I am already wavering. The place is extremely empty without her. I was going to give away her line and food bowls, but have now decided to clean and box all of that stuff up, just in case.

I don't even need to tell you how much I miss her - you already know and understand this, but when I replay what absolute misery she was in at the end, putting her to sleep was the right decision. Friends from all over the world have been calling and mailing me today to let me know that they are thinking of us (me and my daughter). That really IS wonderful.
Last dog...blah-blah-blah...you will find another. You cannot help yourself. Do you have shelters or rescues there? Give a dog with no other hope a new lease on life. Klia will always be remembered.
Are you always this unfriendly in the CS? Was that really necessary? Geez, you don't allow a guy even 24 hours of mourning. Well, ok. Ciao, GW.

38 to 10, Packers, 7:17 left in the 4th.

I think it would be safe to call this one Packers.
Dammit! When I get back to Charlotte I'm gonna toilet paper Panthers (BOFA) Stadium!
38 to 17, Packers over the Panthers, final.

The cheese heads pull off their third win in a row, and I think that puts them in 1st place with 5 and 2.

Packers are my team. :)

Halloween comes this weekend, the Kent Freakfest on Saturday night and trick-or-treating Sunday afternoon.

Happily the weather reports are for clear skies and slightly above-average temperatures.

We'll have to buy a LOT of candy this year. Nice weather brings out more kids.

The only bad part is that we'll have to shut the cat in one of the bedrooms. She's strictly an indoor cat, but she loves kids and can't resist going out on the porch if something interesting is happening. Not a good idea for a black cat to risk getting caught up in the confusion on Halloween.

I'm so sorry I was snarky, Stat. I was just feeling pain..yours, mine with Gracie...feeling helpless...anger at the helplessness...loss...sad for you...grief...all the above. Just flat out pain. And I caused you some on top of what you were feeling. Now I have to deal with that, too. For now all I can say is..I am sorry.

BUT..watch for Klia. She WILL return in some way to let you know she is ok. She will. I promise. And you will know it is her. She would not want you to suffer her loss. So she will come.

I didn't notice the snark, your posting did not bother me. You have been unbelievably supportive of me and helpful.

Besides, being productive is pretty much the best thing I can do for myself right now.

Little Miss Statalina will not be with me for about 3 weeks, because I just had her for two weekends in a row and she was with me almost every morning of Fall Break as well. So, yeah, it's going to be a little lonely. The work keeps my mind off such things, as far as possible.

Everyone has expressed their sympathies about the doggie, can we move on now and not have to listen to Gracie go on and on about her pets that died too? It used to be kind of fun stopping by in the mornings. I, for one am so sorry about all the dogs and cats who died.

Please?

Hope you are doing well, GW, in the north as one of the frozen chosen. Must be some mud and some snowfall by now. How cold has it been?

Good morning everyone! Have to see the dental surgeon today but I'm keeping a good thought and hoping it wont' be the bad news I know it will be.

No Halloween here. We're on a peninsula with very few other houses and most of them are vacation homes and mostly empty. So - no kids, no Halloween.

The fog on the lake is beautiful this morning. Its chilly but I took my coffee out on the deck to watch the sunrise. Its quiet, few birds awake yet. I had planned to sleep in a bit but the dog and cats figure if they're awake I should be too. They're sweet that way.

Here's my view this morning. There is never a day that I'm not thankful and in total awe that I am so lucky to live in such an incredibly beautiful place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back