USMB Coffee Shop IV

Everyone has expressed their sympathies about the doggie, can we move on now and not have to listen to Gracie go on and on about her pets that died too? It used to be kind of fun stopping by in the mornings. I, for one am so sorry about all the dogs and cats who died.

Please?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe just treating each other with respect in the CS could be a good idea.
HaHa. Nothing to do with respect, I'm just tired of being sad everytime I come here anymore. I've heard about Gracie's dogs like 10 times now, it's just enough.

No problem tho, I'll just leave if that's what you guys want this place to be.

Oh, I think that most of the time, the bulk of topics in the CS are pretty upbeat. And usually, there's a pretty good deal of humor here as well. And I don't see anyone asking or telling someone else to leave the CS.

But I have seen other USMB members go through some pretty bad things in the "real world" and mention them in the CS and as far as I can tell, most, if not absolutely everyone in the CS has been unbelievably supportive, time and time again. I think that's what makes the CS a special place and I would hope that we all want to keep it that way.

I am sorry if my travails of the last days brought you down personally. That was most definitely not my intent. Grief is one of the most powerful emotions out there and it has undoubtedly overwhelmed me in the last days.

To those who have shown so much empathy and concern over the last days, thank you all very much for the effort you have put in to communicate those thoughts here in the CS. Believe it or not, it is helpful,
Stat, it's not you personally she was referring to. Over the last couple of years there's been a lot of "bad news" from quite a few people in the CS and some people (naturally) want to commiserate more than others and more often than others, some people get tired of it after a while. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everyone has expressed their sympathies about the doggie, can we move on now and not have to listen to Gracie go on and on about her pets that died too? It used to be kind of fun stopping by in the mornings. I, for one am so sorry about all the dogs and cats who died.

Please?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe just treating each other with respect in the CS could be a good idea.
HaHa. Nothing to do with respect, I'm just tired of being sad everytime I come here anymore. I've heard about Gracie's dogs like 10 times now, it's just enough.

Oh, I think that most of the time, the bulk of topics in the CS are pretty upbeat. And usually, there's a pretty good deal of humor here as well. And I don't see anyone asking or telling someone else to leave the CS.

But I have seen other USMB members go through some pretty bad things in the "real world" and mention them in the CS and as far as I can tell, most, if not absolutely everyone in the CS has been unbelievably supportive, time and time again. I think that's what makes the CS a special place and I would hope that we all want to keep it that way.

I am sorry if my travails of the last days brought you down personally. That was most definitely not my intent. Grief is one of the most powerful emotions out there and it has undoubtedly overwhelmed me in the last days.

To those who have shown so much empathy and concern over the last days, thank you all very much for the effort you have put in to communicate those thoughts here in the CS. Believe it or not, it is helpful,
I have already told you that you don't have to explain, we've already expressed our sympathy. I'm just voicing my opinion on this matter.

Carry on.

Please?

Stat, it's not you personally she was referring to. Over the last couple of years there's been a lot of "bad news" from quite a few people in the CS and some people (naturally) want to commiserate more than others and more often than others, some people get tired of it after a while. Nothing more, nothing less.
Omg, thank you! You said it better than me. :)

Ohio is going to have a terrifying winter. I can feel it.

Having lived through the Blizzard of 77 and the deep-freeze of 78 in Ohio, I can imagine that maybe being the case in the coming winter....

We might have a cold winter here too in Southeast Arizona.
The humming birds left early and usually there are some that hang around all winter but not this year. None are around now.
I don't know if that means there are no older ones left that can't or won't leave for Mexico, or if it is going to be a very cold winter here.
They also came in a month earlier this year and left a month earlier this year.
I don't know what this means, if anything at all. :confused-84: :D

Another amazing Indian summer day. We were almost at 80 yesterday? Little bit of rain, which Ringel may get in Trinidad late this evening or early tomorrow AM.
Ah, good for you, Jake. Your state and mine, finally broke stride this week. Rainy and 60's here. Love it. Every day is a beautiful day on the Oregon Coast, however. I love the variety it offers. Some people think it rains every day, but there is a difference in the type of rain, we receive much of....from soft and sweet to the face to hard and blustery and often with a few rays of sun, that come and go. Very interesting weather, the marine climate. May I never have to leave, unless to go to another country. I'm always up for that kind of adventure. :D

Make a good day, all coffee mates. I've much to keep me busy.

Ohio is going to have a terrifying winter. I can feel it.

Having lived through the Blizzard of 77 and the deep-freeze of 78 in Ohio, I can imagine that maybe being the case in the coming winter....

We might have a cold winter here too in Southeast Arizona.
The humming birds left early and usually there are some that hang around all winter but not this year. None are around now.
I don't know if that means there are no older ones left that can't or won't leave for Mexico, or if it is going to be a very cold winter here.
They also came in a month earlier this year and left a month earlier this year.
I don't know what this means, if anything at all. :confused-84: :D

We're seeing the same thing here.

... a new study finds that these plants are blooming 17 days earlier than they did in the 1970s, thanks to climate change.
"In some years, the lilies have already bloomed by the time the first hummingbird lands," study researcher Amy McKinney of the University of Maryland said in a statement.

That means less food to go around for the 4-inch (10 centimeter) birds, which migrate between Central America in the winter and the western U.S. in the spring.

Anybody like calves?

Would I trade this life to live in the city? No way. I love the country, and I love farms.

Those great photos reminds me of the county fair, 007. Really good pics and I agree with your statement about the Mennonite people. The ones I have met have high standards and have been good people. :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Please?

I have already told you that you don't have to explain, we've already expressed our sympathy. I'm just voicing my opinion on this matter.

Carry on.
I hate to pile on the bad news, but here goes.

My new daughter in law has never carved a jack-o-latern :eek-52: My son is shocked, how could he have been duped into loving a girl with no skills? I bought three extra pumpkins this year...that girl WILL learn the finer skills.

We pretty much always have a cold winter here in New England. :D Really no such thing as a "warm" winter around here. I'm expecting the usual, lots of snow, frigid below-zero temperatures, blustery freezing wind from the north, ice . . . you know, winter. :)

Please?

Well, ok....

Please?

Of course it is helpful, and I am glad you are on the other side of this and moving on.

Another amazing Indian summer day. We were almost at 80 yesterday? Little bit of rain, which Ringel may get in Trinidad late this evening or early tomorrow AM.
Ah, good for you, Jake. Your state and mine, finally broke stride this week. Rainy and 60's here. Love it. Every day is a beautiful day on the Oregon Coast, however. I love the variety it offers. Some people think it rains every day, but there is a difference in the type of rain, we receive much of....from soft and sweet to the face to hard and blustery and often with a few rays of sun, that come and go. Very interesting weather, the marine climate. May I never have to leave, unless to go to another country. I'm always up for that kind of adventure. :D

Make a good day, all coffee mates. I've much to keep me busy.
Where as here it's semi-arid, lots of sun and the high plains are mostly devoid of trees though Cottonwoods thrive along streams and riversides till it meets the mountains then evergreens (mostly pinon) take over. As one gets further into the mountains Firs and Aspen become the dominant species.
On the high plains to the north of us there is sage, small tree cholla (branch cacti) and prickly pear cactus, as one heads further south the tree cholla gets larger and the sage is not as prevalent.
All over there is snake bush, smoke bush, etc. Many people look at the desert southwest and envision a land of sand and rock, almost devoid of plant life but this is not the case. Did you know the great plains and the southwest together were once called the Great American Desert?
Each area has it's own unique beauty, I for one prefer it over the closed, claustrophobic confines of forests and woodlands.

Last edited:
I'm so jealous of some of you who live in the south. You guys have it goood. :wink_2: Eighty degrees? I wish. Temps are slowly dropping off around here. It's been in the 50s for the most part lately, and going to get colder this week. I'm sick and tired of winter, and I'm certainly not looking forward to it this year either. I'm thinking about southern part of Texas. Warm weather, no state income tax!! Woo-hoo! :up: That would be AWESOME!

Also, something that might be of concern to everyone who has National Grid is that they are raising prices by 37% this winter here in Massachusetts. Watch out for price increases this year from NG! I'm certainly going to have look at other alternatives for heating.

There are supposedly other utility companies (or maybe just one other). However, you NEVER hear of these companies, and I wonder how reliable they are.

Please?

Carry on.

My new daughter in law has never carved a jack-o-latern :eek-52: My son is shocked, how could he have been duped into loving a girl with no skills? I bought three extra pumpkins this year...that girl WILL learn the finer skills.
You're not gonna post a sad poem about this, are you?

Some pictures of the high plains.

Here the plains meet the foothills.

majorspainbrush4-copy.jpg

Typical high plains country.

high-plains-region.jpg

08B623.jpg

Carry on.

You're not gonna post a sad poem about this, are you?
That depends on her finished product

Good morning all. Rain yesterday afternoon and again last night--totally unexpected I might add but welcome just the same--temps cooler than forecast--bright blue sunny morning though.

As for Coffee House content, I doubt there has ever been a thread as eclectic as this one over the years. I don't ever want us to feel that it is inappropriate to share our joys and also our worries and our sorrows. Everybody isn't going to be interested in everything--when the guys get their testosterone all riled up and go all machines and technical on us, I just grin and scroll over most of it. And every now and then it gets a bit more provocative than I am comfortable with and I just grin and appreciate that too--even if I have to translate some of it into Latin to make it sound more noble.

We have seen our friends here through a lot of stuff--loss of loved ones and beloved pets. Loss of jobs, life changes, a couple of marriage break ups, lots of aches and pains including life threatening illnesses, and other stressful stuff. And just like in our real life families, sometimes feelings get hurt or we get peeved with this person or that person and we've had a few spats most of which the friendship resumed afterwards. But there have been so many joys, laughs, words of encouragement, and just plain fun too that counterbalances it all. We are seeing a slice of what life is here.

So my counsel is to do as we do with the folks we live with in our real lives. Take what is helpful, enjoy what is beneficial and helpful, enjoy what is enjoyable to you, have fun when you can, accept that everybody doesn't think and feel as you do, and scroll over what you don't like or is uncomfortable or you just can't relate to.

And now a Mama Fox ((hug) to all and I'm getting my second cup of coffee.

Forum List

Back