USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've never seen a coyote. We have lots of deer around here. I was at my sister's house for dinner once and a whole family came into her backyard. Her place butts up against one of the metroparks here.

My brother in law has a lot of bird feeders on his deck also so we see a lot of pretty ones this time of year.

Everyone has expressed their sympathies about the doggie, can we move on now and not have to listen to Gracie go on and on about her pets that died too? It used to be kind of fun stopping by in the mornings. I, for one am so sorry about all the dogs and cats who died.

Please?
Wow. So talking about their deceased pet to show support is a no no, eh? Good to know.

Ohio is going to have a terrifying winter. I can feel it.

Having lived through the Blizzard of 77 and the deep-freeze of 78 in Ohio, I can imagine that maybe being the case in the coming winter....

We might have a cold winter here too in Southeast Arizona.
The humming birds left early and usually there are some that hang around all winter but not this year. None are around now.
I don't know if that means there are no older ones left that can't or won't leave for Mexico, or if it is going to be a very cold winter here.
They also came in a month earlier this year and left a month earlier this year.
I don't know what this means, if anything at all. :confused-84: :D

The humming birds took off early this year here too and are mostly gone. And it seemed like the geese were moving earlier this fall--you can hear them in the early evenings and early mornings before day break flying overhead.
I have more hummers than last year! I have 3 feeders out there and just filled two up today cuz between 6 and 7pm, there are at least a dozen or more at all 3 of them, filling up. Maybe they will stick around instead of taking off down south, so I make sure the feeders stay full.

Here on my farm you sometimes see only one coyote and then you see them in packs. I've seen as many as 6 coyotes in one pack before.
We see them all the time around these parts. I hear them more than see them though. Yipping away in the wee hours heading back to the hills.

Everyone has expressed their sympathies about the doggie, can we move on now and not have to listen to Gracie go on and on about her pets that died too? It used to be kind of fun stopping by in the mornings. I, for one am so sorry about all the dogs and cats who died.

Please?
Wow. So talking about their deceased pet to show support is a no no, eh? Good to know.
Not at all. I'm sure everyone here wants to hear your endless stories. I'm kinda done here anyway so please go for it.

Please?
Sarah, in all due respect...no one makes anyone else here have to read every post. Some move on sooner than others.

View attachment 33144 View attachment 33145 View attachment 33146

Checked my two trail cams this morning and these are the critters I found on it. Couple of nice bucks and a pair of coyotes.

I think Santa is gonna bring us one of those this year.

Along with deer, raccoons, foxes, armadillos, possums and that squirrel academy pictured earlier, we have a bobcat who comes to visit. We get glimpses of him but I'd really like to see what goes on at night in our side yards. Our front yard is lake and the back yard is lake but we have a lot of traffic in the side yards.

Big Black Dog Any suggestions as to what we want to get? Anyone?

The wife got a phone call yesterday from the state of New Mexico about a job in her field, multiple openings throughout the state. They called back today to set up a personal interview....... currently they're doing the interviews in Roswell......... Why not Albuquerque or Santa Fe.......? Oh well, road trip.......

Please?
Not at all. I'm sure everyone here wants to hear your endless stories. I'm kinda done here anyway so please go for it.
So glad I have your permission to chat with others about whatever topic is going on at the time..which is Stat and the loss of his dog, and us, who know how he feels. Deal with it or scroll fast.

View attachment 33144 View attachment 33145 View attachment 33146

Checked my two trail cams this morning and these are the critters I found on it. Couple of nice bucks and a pair of coyotes.

I think Santa is gonna bring us one of those this year.

Along with deer, raccoons, foxes, armadillos, possums and that squirrel academy pictured earlier, we have a bobcat who comes to visit. We get glimpses of him but I'd really like to see what goes on at night in our side yards. Our front yard is lake and the back yard is lake but we have a lot of traffic in the side yards.

Big Black Dog Any suggestions as to what we want to get? Anyone?
I had a friend online that wondered what went on at night in her property too...so she bought some night goggles. She was amazed at what she saw just sitting on her porch.

Lowe's was all decorated for Christmas and playing Christmas music when I walked in on my way home.:shock: I had to stop in to get some glue traps to catch a poor little lizard...as I was coming out of my bathroom this morning, I saw him run under my bed.:ack-1: I wish that my son could have found and caught him to set free, but I'm not sharing my bed with a lizard.:eusa_hand:

Oh, and I will carve a jack-o-lantern, but I refuse to clean out the innards...that stuff gives me the willies.:D

Lowe's was all decorated for Christmas and playing Christmas music when I walked in on my way home.:shock: I had to stop in to get some glue traps to catch a poor little lizard...as I was coming out of my bathroom this morning, I saw him run under my bed.:ack-1: I wish that my son could have found and caught him to set free, but I'm not sharing my bed with a lizard.:eusa_hand:

Oh, and I will carve a jack-o-lantern, but I refuse to clean out the innards...that stuff gives me the willies.:D
In the Philippines we would have geckos in the house, running up the walls or on the ceiling. We had no problem with them as they ate bugs........ For us it was normal. :dunno:

In the Philippines we would have geckos in the house, running up the walls or on the ceiling. We had no problem with them as they ate bugs........ For us it was normal. :dunno:

Good thing that I would never want to live in the Philippines.

I remember all those little lizards in Florida. I thought they were cute little critters. I'm glad you're not trying to kill the little fart. Catch him and put him back outside. They help control bugs like spiders and cock roaches, which are thick down there.

And I think it's just WAAAAAAY too early for Christmas anything. It's getting pathetic, a sickening commercialization of it driven by greed.

The wife got a phone call yesterday from the state of New Mexico about a job in her field, multiple openings throughout the state. They called back today to set up a personal interview....... currently they're doing the interviews in Roswell......... Why not Albuquerque or Santa Fe.......? Oh well, road trip.......

Well you could do a lot worse than Roswell though the weather there isn't as nice as you have in Colorado. Mild winters - and sometimes really hot summers, but a swamp cooler will keep you nice and cool because there's plenty of sun. Roswell was the first place I lived in New Mexico but I was too young to remember more than one or two scenes of what I think are memories of that time. It is big enough to have good size grocery stores and a shopping center and a Walmart and all of that. You would be in truck farming country with lots of good fresh produce and also pecan country. Not really small town. You're only a short drive from the beautiful Sacramento Mountains, a lot of historic old western towns, and Ruidoso. But I take it you could be placed almost anywhere. A least most of the really small town where you might go are close to bigger ones.

My mother (a navy brat) lived in the Philippines for years. I heard stories about having to keep windows rolled up on some stretches cause the snakes dropped out of the trees. Then there was the blowfish she stepped on. She claims she loved it but her happy stories gave me nightmares.

You are not alone today are you Stat? I am sad thinking you are alone in that house until Little Stat is there again.
I ran my business today and then I cleaned house. Been a long, sad, weird day.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
I did that when Gracie died. Cleaned the hell out of the house. Kept my mind busy. Today I kept thinking of Klia and you, so I took Karma to the beach today to play in the surf. Gracie haunts me every day. I hate being alone without her. But I still have karma, although she is haunted too.

After some time..maybe you and Little Statalina can go find a puppy together.

The day has had a totally unreal quality about it. From one moment I am cleaning up after a sick dog whom I love very much, in the next minute I am taking my child to school and just two hours later watching my dog fall asleep, never to awake again, and then it's like - well, the day is here, I still have to work for a living. But once my last appointment was done today and I scrubbed for 3 hours, I had just enough strength to crawl into bed and just stare at the ceiling, with the laptop in, amazingly, my lap. Which is where I am, right now, whisky glass at the ready for a toast in about 15 minutes.

I keep saying that Klia would be my last dog, but I am already wavering. The place is extremely empty without her. I was going to give away her line and food bowls, but have now decided to clean and box all of that stuff up, just in case.

I don't even need to tell you how much I miss her - you already know and understand this, but when I replay what absolute misery she was in at the end, putting her to sleep was the right decision. Friends from all over the world have been calling and mailing me today to let me know that they are thinking of us (me and my daughter). That really IS wonderful.
Last dog...blah-blah-blah...you will find another. You cannot help yourself. Do you have shelters or rescues there? Give a dog with no other hope a new lease on life. Klia will always be remembered.
Are you always this unfriendly in the CS? Was that really necessary? Geez, you don't allow a guy even 24 hours of mourning. Well, ok. Ciao, GW.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Sorry you interpreted that so incorrectly. Not meant to be unfriendly at all. Too bad our fur-fam members are so short-lived. How is your daughter doing?

My mother (a navy brat) lived in the Philippines for years. I heard stories about having to keep windows rolled up on some stretches cause the snakes dropped out of the trees. Then there was the blowfish she stepped on. She claims she loved it but her happy stories gave me nightmares.
I used to hear stories about the dumpsters behind the BOQ....look before you toss in your garbage or it might come flying back at you.........monkeys.

Forum List

Back