USMB Coffee Shop IV

OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE BITCH ABOUT THE WEATHER CLUB.

It is snowing heavily at my house today. I am not pleased because snow tends to wrinkle the fabric of my happiness. That is all.

OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE BITCH ABOUT THE WEATHER CLUB.

It is snowing heavily at my house today. I am not pleased because snow tends to wrinkle the fabric of my happiness. That is all.
Tell the truth, you actually love the snow........ Why else would you live where you do.......... :D

Bright and sunny here this morning, but chilly in the low 20s. We haven't gotten hardly any snow at all this year, but I think we are expected to get some this week some time but only a couple of inches. Last winter, we were literally bombarded with the stuff. At this time last year, there were huge snow banks all over the place! I'm not really that sorry because the snow tends to make everything that you have to do more difficult and time consuming.

Actually like Metallica;

That's actually the first of the 'bad' Metallica albums. Before that they were one of the best heavy metal bands of the 90s. Their previous album, ...And Justice For All, was arguably their best work. But with the black album, they started to change from the thrash metal band they were to more of a hard rock band. Maybe they 'sold out' for money/popularity, maybe they were just getting older and changed musical styles, but the net effect is they were and are a lesser band.

Now Testament, another 90s thrash band.....they actually got heavier as they got older! :D

I don't like a lot of heavy metal, and I hate death metal. I prefer classic rock, but I do like a variety of different music depending on my mood. Metallica is really good though. Very talented guys.

I always liked the instrumentals too. Here's a little bit of Orion with Danny Way skating. It is AWESOME! :)

Well how about this? It's an instrumental!

:lol:

That sounds like what you hear when a barber gives you a buzz cut. Just bassy vibrations with nothing pleasant at all.

Yeah, that's not normally my kind of music either, but it's at least better sans the "singing" IMO. :D Sometimes, they just make creepy sounds.

We are expected to get a blend of snow, rain and ice the next couple of days.

Going on a Harper sitting trip later today.

Gizmo (the kitten) came in about and hour ago, the cold snap seems to have REALLY brought out the kitten in her, charging all over the house, purring and trilling like there's no tomorrow and trying like mad to play with our two older cats. The two older have pretty much gotten used to her but not so much this frantic kitty that's tearing through the house now....... :lol:

Last edited:
Actually like Metallica;

That's actually the first of the 'bad' Metallica albums. Before that they were one of the best heavy metal bands of the 90s. Their previous album, ...And Justice For All, was arguably their best work. But with the black album, they started to change from the thrash metal band they were to more of a hard rock band. Maybe they 'sold out' for money/popularity, maybe they were just getting older and changed musical styles, but the net effect is they were and are a lesser band.

Now Testament, another 90s thrash band.....they actually got heavier as they got older! :D

I don't like a lot of heavy metal, and I hate death metal. I prefer classic rock, but I do like a variety of different music depending on my mood. Metallica is really good though. Very talented guys.

I always liked the instrumentals too. Here's a little bit of Orion with Danny Way skating. It is AWESOME! :)

Again it is an acquired taste I suppose. I'm also a classic rock, classical, R&B, blues, ballads, easy listening, classic country (after it got good and not in the nasal twang era), a lot of other cultural music (some Mexican, Indian, eastern, etcl) with a bit of avant garde--think Manheim Steamroller--thrown in kind of girl. I really tried but never developed an appreciation for thrash or heavy metal.

Your posted clip was not something that grated on my nerves, but I can't say it is something I would choose to listen to for pleasure.

64 in Foley at 10:35 AM, on the way to 68. Today will be clear and sunny, but they're talking an inch and a half of rain for tomorrow.
I've had a stiff neck for 2 days now. This is getting old quick. I need a massage.

Actually like Metallica;

Again it is an acquired taste I suppose. I'm also a classic rock, classical, R&B, blues, ballads, easy listening, classic country (after it got good and not in the nasal twang era), a lot of other cultural music (some Mexican, Indian, eastern, etcl) with a bit of avant garde--think Manheim Steamroller--thrown in kind of girl. I really tried but never developed an appreciation for thrash or heavy metal.

Your posted clip was not something that grated on my nerves, but I can't say it is something I would choose to listen to for pleasure.

I hear you. I have to be in the mood to listen to that type of music myself. :) Like I said, normally I prefer classic rock. It also probably has a lot to do with what kind of music you listened to growing up and your individual tastes of course. Personally, I could never love country music, but some people love that stuff. :D

Cooler and accuweather on the computer says a wintry mix should begin here in 67 minutes? That's nailing it down pretty close. :)

But. . . .I'm going with our favorite weather guy who last night said to expect some snow all around, but the strong east winds that we get when these systems approach will almost certainly create a 'snow hole' over Albuquerque so we won't see much, if any, of it.

I just watched the SOTU speech. I'm really ready for bed now! *** yawn *** Good night everybody. Why does listening to politicians (any of them) make me so sleepy?

Because they almost never say anything we don't expect them to say--and I don't care WHAT party they are--and therefore it is usually pretty uninteresting, even boring. And last night it went on way too long. . . .after 30 minutes or so one's eyes do tend to glaze over.

I read somewhere that George Washington's first SOTU was like seven minutes? Now I could go for that. :)

Good morning everybody. Hombre and I are rushing around to try to get the house cleaned up enough for the housecleaners to come this morning.

You clean your house for the house cleaners? Wow! They are lucky! :lol:

LOL. It just isn't in me to leave the cracker crumbs on the carpet for them to vacuum up, or dirty dishes in the sink, have an untidy bathroom. They do get to do the heavy cleaning, dusting/polishing, and scrubbing the kitchen that we just can't do anymore though.

We have internet radio on all day at the bar. It really depends on our mood when we open up, what we listen to. Our current "project" is 22. His choice of music is more Cher, Barbara Streisand and show tunes....
He put on something that sounded like cats fighting over fish yesterday. We ended up with 60's/70's folk rock ala Buffalo Springfield, CSN and Byrds mixed with some more loosely related stuff from around the same time.
At 5, Our regular Tuesday evening attraction, Danny Grady and Friends took the stage for 2 hours of old country stuff. It was just Danny and a percussionist named Denny last night. Denney sets up a snare and small tom, a couple of cymbals. He has bongos, maracas, spoons and a wash board at hand.
Lots of times, he has another guitar or 2 sit in and occasionally a piano player will sit at our spinet and play some honky tonk.
Danny finishes up at 7 and at 8, our regular week-end DJ has Karaoke as late as people want to embarrass themselves. Karaoke again on Thursdays.
Really! Once the DJ is in the house, music depends on the people there. It might be Hank Williams or Megadeath, the Beatles or Elvis. (after I've left of course)

Actually like Metallica;

I hear you. I have to be in the mood to listen to that type of music myself. :) Like I said, normally I prefer classic rock. It also probably has a lot to do with what kind of music you listened to growing up and your individual tastes of course. Personally, I could never love country music, but some people love that stuff. :D

There is very little country I like from the 1960's or earlier. But by the 70's, country had evolved into a really skilled genre and I enjoy a lot of it from the rock-a-billy to the great ballads and fun songs. By the mid 1990's to present though, country has also succumbed to the more tuneless and uninspired modern stuff that a lot of us hate..

One of the most iconic duets ever performed/recorded was this rendition of "Does He Love You" with Martina McBride and Kelly Clarkson singing a tribute to Reba McEntire: (Artists invited to perform all did Reba songs.) Who couldn't love music like this?

Or another of my favorites with Reba and Vince Gil:

Last edited:
White Trash Bars

White-Trash-Bars_Medium_ID-662080.jpg

Simply mix together Ritz crackers, toffee bits, and sweetened condensed milk and bake for 20 minutes. Add frosting...... :lol:

Forum List

Back