USMB Coffee Shop IV

They just updated our potential snow to a foot.

Correction on that last weather report--they just upgraded us to a winter storm warning with 3 to 6 inches forecast for the valley areas up to a foot on the mountain.

Translation: another dusting I fear.

It just seems goofy how they come up with these random numbers for billing and adjustments. Adjustment = Insurance company negogiated lower payment. Even the adjustment percentages seem random.
I wonder if the doctors and insurance companies hire quantum physics engineers to negotiate rate discounts on the various services.

It definitely is a mystery to all but those who calculate those amounts. I have a theory about them, but it is probably too controversial for the Coffee Shop. There will no doubt be a thread on that phenomenon sooner or later though.
Indeed it is a mystery.
Just as elusive as UFO's, sasquatch and the chubracabra. :)

I'm a little jealous. I would like to see a good snow instead of the random dustings we have been getting. But we're still in a 'could be' and 'possible' depending on what the wind does weather advisory mode here.
You just want snow because it is a form of water and you live in a desert.
Skip the desert and go straight for dessert, much better.

I'm a little jealous. I would like to see a good snow instead of the random dustings we have been getting. But we're still in a 'could be' and 'possible' depending on what the wind does weather advisory mode here.
You just want snow because it is a form of water and you live in a desert.
Skip the desert and go straight for dessert, much better.

Good plan. (Though I liked the rain and snow when we didn't live in the desert too.. :)) But there are some lemon cookies in the kitchen that are just screaming at me. . .. .and the annual spectacle ofthe SOTU is coming up in 15 minutes. So I'll catch ya'll later.

946061_10152026702339674_557422856_n.jpg

Actually like Metallica;

That's actually the first of the 'bad' Metallica albums. Before that they were one of the best heavy metal bands of the 90s. Their previous album, ...And Justice For All, was arguably their best work. But with the black album, they started to change from the thrash metal band they were to more of a hard rock band. Maybe they 'sold out' for money/popularity, maybe they were just getting older and changed musical styles, but the net effect is they were and are a lesser band.

Now Testament, another 90s thrash band.....they actually got heavier as they got older! :D

I don't like a lot of heavy metal, and I hate death metal. I prefer classic rock, but I do like a variety of different music depending on my mood. Metallica is really good though. Very talented guys.

I always liked the instrumentals too. Here's a little bit of Orion with Danny Way skating. It is AWESOME! :)

I just watched the SOTU speech. I'm really ready for bed now! *** yawn *** Good night everybody. Why does listening to politicians (any of them) make me so sleepy?

I just get riled up BBD. It was amusing to see C_K try to organize the posting community response today though. Herding cats is always great fun to observe.

Actually like Metallica;

That's actually the first of the 'bad' Metallica albums. Before that they were one of the best heavy metal bands of the 90s. Their previous album, ...And Justice For All, was arguably their best work. But with the black album, they started to change from the thrash metal band they were to more of a hard rock band. Maybe they 'sold out' for money/popularity, maybe they were just getting older and changed musical styles, but the net effect is they were and are a lesser band.

Now Testament, another 90s thrash band.....they actually got heavier as they got older! :D

I don't like a lot of heavy metal, and I hate death metal. I prefer classic rock, but I do like a variety of different music depending on my mood. Metallica is really good though. Very talented guys.

I always liked the instrumentals too. Here's a little bit of Orion with Danny Way skating. It is AWESOME! :)

Well how about this? It's an instrumental!

:lol:

Actually like Metallica;

I could deal with that because I don't have to listen to their awful singing, if that's what you would call it. :lol: Seriously though, more so than the music, it's the singing in that type of music that I don't care for.

Actually like Metallica;

That sounds like what you hear when a barber gives you a buzz cut. Just bassy vibrations with nothing pleasant at all.

Forum List

Back