USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, since most of us are having a musical walk down memory lane this morning, take the test and see what your 1970's anthem is. (Mine kicked me all the way back to the 1960's and the Four Seasons. :))

What Is Your 70 s Anthem
Hotel California, the Eagles. One of my favorite bands of all time, not my favorite song by them though.

Agreed. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite. Maybe "Take It Easy" or "Peaceful Easy Feeling"...perhaps I like the word "easy".:eusa_think:

It all went to Hell with the harpsichord I tell you.

True story. When our son was in college he was already seriously gravitating toward music. His major was engineering and he has earned his living as a professional engineer, but he kept himself sane in college with the piano. (And as an avocation, he now also runs a private music school with 80 students learning piano, guitar, voice, and violin.)

Anyhow he was also on a nationally ranked rowing team in college and they traveled all over the country to compete. And in the big church in Philadelphia that boasts one of the nation's largest and finest harpsichords, the tour guide asked if anybody could play? For his piano class, our son had just perfected and memorized a very difficult baroque that had been written for the harpsichord. And he wowed them. (He was also very relieved when nobody asked for an encore because he would have had nothing. :))

Okay, since most of us are having a musical walk down memory lane this morning, take the test and see what your 1970's anthem is. (Mine kicked me all the way back to the 1960's and the Four Seasons. :))

What Is Your 70 s Anthem
Hotel California, the Eagles. One of my favorite bands of all time, not my favorite song by them though.

Agreed. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite. Maybe "Take It Easy" or "Peaceful Easy Feeling"...perhaps I like the word "easy".:eusa_think:

I love "Take it to the Limit." But yeah....those guys wrote a lot of great songs.

Afternoon everyone! I hope they day finds everyone well. I am having an R&R day and watching Season 3 of Babylon 5. Lazy bones abound. :)

All great bands and there were so many great artists and great songs of the 70's. But if I had to pick one that I think represents the heart and soul of the 70's, it would have to be the Carpenters:

I got Stevie Wonder -- Superstition

I was disappointed with some of the choices offered with the questions. For example, it didn't offer just "Blues" for music genre, it offered "R&B" which is different. Another example is that for a vehicle no 4WD or trucks were listed.

Afternoon guys, hope all is well! :)

I love going to places that are normally designed for kids. There is a place in the city that I had never heard of until my Sensei Tracy mentioned it last week. Its called Inflatable World and its this huge warehouse full of bouncy castles and slides, all inflated with air, of course. So I couple friends and I decided to check it out on Sunday, and we spent a full two hours there, going up and down slides, jumping off bouncy platforms (it was about a ten foot drop) and generally just being big kids for awhile.
We came away drenched in sweat, and I was surprised that I could really feel some soreness (only minor) in my muscles, especially my core, the next day.

Amazing how a heap of inflated toys could give you a workout, eh!?

OK everybody. Stand up. Stretch your arms above your head and shake them just a little bit. Lower them to your side. Now decide. Is it time for bed or are you going to stay up for a bit longer?

Afternoon everyone! I hope they day finds everyone well. I am having an R&R day and watching Season 3 of Babylon 5. Lazy bones abound. :)
Well, come on down! Just opened a new bottle today.

r-r-175__52511.1405481023.1280.1280.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back