USMB Coffee Shop IV

I would do a lot of things for my kids, but I have my limits...I will not suck snot.:eusa_hand:

Nosefrida+Baby+Nasal+Aspirator.jpg

Ewww! I think the bulb syringe works just fine. :cheeky-smiley-018:

I don't know who's work I like better on this Angus on guitar or Chris Slade on drums.

Hmmm. Acquired taste? I just never warmed up to the heavy metal genre but I'll have to say this isn't as hard to listen to as some. My idea of heavy metal is the Ventures. :)

Mel Taylor's drum solo in "Caravan" was one of those iconic best drum solos ever too. But then he was one of the best drummers I've ever heard.

Still licking my wounds because of the Packer game. It was a great game until the final 3 minutes and then OT. I shall survive. Their loss was a disappointment but I've been disappointed before. I recall that time I used the bathroom in the bus station only to find there was no paper. Same sort of disappointment.

Well after my Cowboys crashed and burned I was pulling for the Packers, and watched in disbelief as what appeared to be certain victory then wasn't. But if they were going to lose why couldn't they have lost by another 2 points? But as the saying goes. . . .next year.

Good morning everybody. Hombre and I are rushing around to try to get the house cleaned up enough for the housecleaners to come this morning.

Metallica is mandatory or so I've been told.

Weren't they a kind of ground breaker? The group that ushered in the heavy metal era for keeps? I really have made a valiant effort to acquire a taste, but then I listen to a great sound track like that one of the Ventures I posted and lose myself in the music and think its okay that the younger set love the heavy metal and I don't have to.

I hope everyone had as fun a weekend as I did.:)

You're not going to tell us all about it?????

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHERRY, though I think we're a day late for that?

DSC02117.jpg

Thanks for the cake...you're not late, I was born 1/20/69.:)
Just a young thing, aren't you?

It just does not seem possible that I'll be 50 in a few more years.:shock:

And you'll be surprised how much fun you will have at 50. And beyond. :)

Van Halen, Molly Hachet, Phil Collins, Elton John, Pink, Gwen Steffani, Billy Joel, Bach, Glenn Miller, to name a few.

I don't know who's work I like better on this Angus on guitar or Chris Slade on drums.

Hmmm. Acquired taste? I just never warmed up to the heavy metal genre but I'll have to say this isn't as hard to listen to as some. My idea of heavy metal is the Ventures. :)

Mel Taylor's drum solo in "Caravan" was one of those iconic best drum solos ever too. But then he was one of the best drummers I've ever heard.

I forgot all about the Ventures! Used to listen to them when I was much, much younger........

I hope everyone had as fun a weekend as I did.:)

You're not going to tell us all about it?????

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHERRY, though I think we're a day late for that?

DSC02117.jpg

Thanks for the cake...you're not late, I was born 1/20/69.:)
Just a young thing, aren't you?

It just does not seem possible that I'll be 50 in a few more years.:shock:

And you'll be surprised how much fun you will have at 50. And beyond. :)

ITS A TRAP!

Stay young forever.

Pentatonix is new Foxfyre, I would be very surprised if you don't absolutely love them.

Yes I do enjoy Pentatonix. But they do mostly older songs. It's pretty hard to do acapella without a melody and harmony to work with. But I don't even like Pentatonix stuff when they do one of the newer melody-less pieces. Most of the newer pop stuff is just noise with a beat to me. Even country isn't what it used to be.

Last edited:
I will say though that there is a glimmer of hope showing on the horizon. Every now and then, I am catching the concept of melody in a new song and think the worm might be turning back in that direction. I simply refuse to believe that there are no great strong melodies that have not yet been written.

I think the tremendous success of the few good new songs that have been written and do have compelling melodies like Phillip Phillips "Home" or Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" are maybe inspiring a return to strong melodies and strong lyrics?

Pentatonix is new Foxfyre, I would be very surprised if you don't absolutely love them.

Yes I do enjoy Pentatonix. But they do mostly older songs. It's pretty hard to do acapella without a melody and harmony to work with. But I don't even like Pentatonix stuff when they do one of the newer melody-less pieces. Most of the newer pop stuff is just noise with a beat to me. Even country isn't what it used to be.

You lose musical credibility when you site country music as a positive. :lol:

Actually like Metallica;

That's actually the first of the 'bad' Metallica albums. Before that they were one of the best heavy metal bands of the 90s. Their previous album, ...And Justice For All, was arguably their best work. But with the black album, they started to change from the thrash metal band they were to more of a hard rock band. Maybe they 'sold out' for money/popularity, maybe they were just getting older and changed musical styles, but the net effect is they were and are a lesser band.

Now Testament, another 90s thrash band.....they actually got heavier as they got older! :D

Forum List

Back