USPS holding PARTY and "conference" despite billions in losses

You RW'ers always said "run it like a business". Well, pleny of corporations throw fancy conference parties, even if the company is losing money.

Im just gonna have to ask you to get off your ass and get to work Grampa. See...I got bills to pay, and, well, Im gonna need you to go earn some more money. How else am I gonna get my bills paid if you dont make more? The economy is tough man. Beer is more expensive. So are video games. And gas, wow, it costs a lot for me to get to Starbucks at 11am every day to surf the net for a few hours.

So, I know you've worked hard, but, you're gonna have to do a little bit more. Cost of living is going up, and there just isnt enough money coming in to use takers. So, even if it means taking a part-time weekend job, Im gonna need you to stop spending so much time on USMB, and get to work. I got bills, so go earn me some money fool!!!!

Idgit, most private businesses do not throw parties when losing vast SUMS OF MONEY..
And freeloaders , dems, liberals , other assorted fools cheer because they are scum of the earth and rightly need extermination as a viable political force for the betterment of mankind in general IMHO.

Fair enough. And the top 5-10 employees of any govt agency dont make multi-million dollar salaries with multi-million dollar bonuses while the company is going bankrupt or having to be bailed out.

So yeah, you're right. Business and govt is very different.

Fair enough. Govt. sucks pretty much all the time and big business more often than it should. Big business can not pass laws that deny our freedoms or waste tens of billions on bullshit.

Aren't UPS drivers unionized????? Oh snap.:eek:
I suppose some are. My ex brother in law wasn't. But thats not really the point now is it?

Im pretty sure most are. In fact, just read the news article about FedEx and UPS fighting over Teamster labor deals.

So, two unionized companies are so wildly successful, that they've basically put one of the nations oldest services, the Post Office, out of business.

And they did it with union labor. Hmmmm. I know that hurts you to read. But, reality is tough some days.

Is this thread too difficult for you to follow that you have to keep moving the goal posts?

Earlier you blamed Bush for the post office failure. Now you're attributing it to fed x

Make up your damn mind.

This goes to the heart of the issue- Should the Postal Service be a business or a public service.

No one asks the police or the fire department or department of sanitation to turn a profit.

The police dont charge you for their services and as such the postal service should be floating in cash. Ups seems to get by without posting record losses every year.

UPS isn't required by law to fund their pension plan out three quarters of a century.

Also, UPS isn't available to everyone, just those who can afford it.

No, the police don't charge you for their service, but they are considered a money-making operation for their municipalities. Cops for instance, have to get a certain quota of traffic violations.

Aren't UPS drivers unionized????? Oh snap.:eek:
I suppose some are. My ex brother in law wasn't. But thats not really the point now is it?

Im pretty sure most are. In fact, just read the news article about FedEx and UPS fighting over Teamster labor deals.

So, two unionized companies are so wildly successful, that they've basically put one of the nations oldest services, the Post Office, out of business.

And they did it with union labor. Hmmmm. I know that hurts you to read. But, reality is tough some days.

You really can't blame UPS and FedEx for putting the USPS out of business.

What's put the USPS out of business is that you can e-mail Aunt Gertie instead of writing her a letter that arrives by snail mail.

That and the REpublican Congress insisting that they fund their pension plan out into infinity.

The government lies

Twisted government accounting behind Postal Service woes - Red Tape

In fact, it's the Postal Service that’s currently bailing out the U.S. government. Politicians have been raiding Postal Service revenues for years, using them to make the federal deficit appear smaller than it really is. The fiscal gyrations are so twisted that the Postal Service is right now forced to pre-pay health care benefits for employees the agency hasn't even hired yet — in fact, for many future employees who haven't even been born yet — all to artificially shrink the federal deficit.

The government lies

Twisted government accounting behind Postal Service woes - Red Tape

In fact, it's the Postal Service that’s currently bailing out the U.S. government. Politicians have been raiding Postal Service revenues for years, using them to make the federal deficit appear smaller than it really is. The fiscal gyrations are so twisted that the Postal Service is right now forced to pre-pay health care benefits for employees the agency hasn't even hired yet — in fact, for many future employees who haven't even been born yet — all to artificially shrink the federal deficit.

It's obscene.

The USPS is self funded hence the constant rise in the price of a stamp. But at the rate they are bleeding a bailout presumably will follow.

The USPS is self funded hence the constant rise in the price of a stamp. But at the rate they are bleeding a bailout presumably will follow.

The answer to my question is zero. Your thread is a failure as you linked USPS spending with sequester cuts. They are in no way connected. Admit your failure.

and you continue to pretend the reason the post office is in trouble is not because of what the republican party did to its retirement funding system?

do you ever get tired of being a lair?

Bi-partisan support and co-sponsored by 2 dems.
Do you eever get tired of being a liar?

Last edited:

You really can't blame UPS and FedEx for putting the USPS out of business.

What's put the USPS out of business is that you can e-mail Aunt Gertie instead of writing her a letter that arrives by snail mail.

That and the REpublican Congress insisting that they fund their pension plan out into infinity.

And to think I was actually agreeing with you untill you started sounding mis-informed/dumbasfuck Read my post above. TM might need your throwback :)

Since the GOV'T fucked them over, they think this is a way to raise revenue LOL
I have a feeling it will either get bailed out, or sold. I would prefer the latter. It needs to get privatized. Maybe then, someone could run it right, instead of the dumbass Congress

How many tax dollars are spent running the USPS, Gramps?

The answer to my question is zero. Your thread is a failure as you linked USPS spending with sequester cuts. They are in no way connected. Admit your failure.

The sequestration comment was a jab at you liberals and your sky is falling nonsense. The failure is only mine in the fact that I bothered to respond to you in the first place.

Bullshit. You didn't know that your tax dollars are not used to fund the USPS when this thread was started. Have some self respect.

What did you mean by post # 23?

Last edited:
Bucs cries about local budget mistakes that have no national tax implications but when it comes to a problem that affects us all financially he sticks his head back in the sand.

Typical lib

You idiot. Of course local politics has an effect on national politics. For one, the phrase "all politics are local" carries weight. When a Big Red "R" moron locally does something stupid, he still represents Team Republican. Just like how you idiot right wingers point to every looney San Fran city councilman as proof of the left's lunacy, right? OOOP! See how that works??

And secondly.....national politicians come from what? Local politics. They almost all come from local politics. Mayors. Governors. State reps. So when they do stupid shit there, that means our future will be under them.

And last, but not least, Im not gonna tell you again to get to work. I got bills fool. You've been taking way too much time off. Im not gonna be able to make ends meet if you dont get off your ass and go earn me some money.

:eusa_pray:Very good idea little one. Now...why don't you go out and tell the 835,000 that just gave up on even looking for work anymore. And how about the ones that work in our gov't like GSA that think partying is their job. Lets just give them a little boot to wake up.

Yes. Lots of jobs out there. Only thing is they don't want to pay you anything...at least not enough to survive on. Isn't it great?

Yes, and I pay taxes in kc dumbass.

You have failed in your mission.

Time to return to your threads and resume bitching about budgets in municipalities that dont affect you and are none of your business.

They do affect me. You're too ignorant to see why. We dont have walls around our cities and states old timer. When California or Florida see huge slashes to their policing budgets, it invites criminal elements. Gangs, for example. Did you know the City of Charlotte slashed their police funds way back- around 2000, under Clinton, but continued under Bush. So did Atlanta.

What happened? Well, drug gangs from all over the South began to set up shop there, because there were less cops on the road, and the ones left were pisssed off and morale was bad. Then, gangs began to thrive in Atlanta and Charlotte. They spread over the I-85 corridor, and now, they infest many smaller metro areas of South Carolina- Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, Myrtle Beach.

Did you know there is even an active Hezbollah cell operating in Charlotte, NC? Yep. Seems the opium money flows easier there than it did in their previous setup in NYC.

I dont want the violence and evil of the drug and terror gangs that can come up from Mexcio and South America to flourish here. Maybe you do. But I dont.

We cant use the military to do it. That would be martial law. And I do not want to wait until its too late. That means we gotta be proactive. In ALL cities. No safe havens.

But you dont seem to care about that, or, you dont think it'll happen. Sure, right wingers have fantasies about the Nazi horrors resurfacing in America, and yet, they can fathom the same horrors of the drug and terror groups that exist TODAY (not in 1941) below our own border coming up and slowly growing like a cancer here.

The drug cartels can outgun and outfight the cops in Mexico. Thats why they flourish there. They cant do that to US police departments. I want to keep it that way, even it it means paying a few buck more in local taxes, and even if it means caring about local politics in other cities and states.

Because I remember growing up, Charlotte was like a giant Mayberry. Gangs certainly were never a problem, and God knows we never dreamed a freaking Middle East terror group would have a cell located there. But.....they do now.

:eek:You know what. You want more money to spend? Write a nice letter to your dear leader and tell him to stop giving it out to foriegn countries that hate us and start spending it here where we need it. And tell him to stop handing out so much free stuff at least until we get back on our feet. Im sure he will listen. Doesn't he always?

Bullshit. You didn't know that your tax dollars are not used to fund the USPS when this thread was started. Have some self respect.

What did you mean by post # 23?

Wait....I didnt know that either!!???? So, our tax money doesnt fund the Post Office? Oh please tell me that is true. That would be the ultimate humiliation on this forum to Grampa!! Tell me thats true!

I knew you didnt. I knew this conversation would be one you arent willing to have, because, well, you dont care. You've been so brainwashed by the far right, you wont ever care, because you'll never see things like this topic clearly. The fact that local and state politics matter to everyone. I showed just one example why, and you dont care.

And thats why people like you will be left in the dust of the once-great Republican Party. You've become old, obsolete. Irrelevant. Just like the GOP.

Our country will move on, and slowly improve, while trying to just wait out the eventual disappearance of the radical right wing.

So just keep working, keep paying your taxes, and the rest of us will worry about issues that are important- but that you just dont care about.

This conversation is going nowhere because you AS USUAL are talking about everything but what the topic is about. You've been a successful troll today diverting the subject. As such I give you what you deserve....

I did talk about it. Lots of corporations that are losing money still hold conferences. Its where they get together, network, trade ideas, and yes- do some stuff to boost morale so MAYBE they can get the spirits up and turn around the company.

USPS is "running it like a business", right?

:cuckoo:USPS is running it like a business? Yep. Only thing is little one its the taxpayers that are paying for it. When a real business does it they pay for it...not you and me.

Forum List

Back