USPS holding PARTY and "conference" despite billions in losses

But for those who do care-

Hezbollah took advantage of NC/SC with the very low cigarette tax. They located in Charlotte, and smuggled cigarettes all over the country, as the profit margin was huge. Buy cheap in Charlotte, sell expensive everywhere else. Charlotte PD (now Charlotte-Mecklenburg Metro) was underfunded, understaffed. In fact, to this day, "Charmeck" PD will not respond to crimes of fraud, harrassment, petty theft, vandalism. You go online and file a report yourself. The terror cell located its homes in South Carolina's city of Rock Hill, a Charlotte suburb, because SC and Rock Hill were even more of a safe haven. They could literally operate undetected, undisturbed. And funnel their money to cells all over the country and world.

Local politics matter. What a city across the country does could affect you. South Carolina and the City of Charleston promised Boeing a sweetheart deal, almost no taxes. And Boeing took it, and opened a huge Dreamliner plant in Charleston, SC, rather than Seattle. I suppose the folks of Seattle shouldnt give a shit what SC politicians do, right?

I don't care Bucs.

Get it? I D O N T C A R E

I think if you cry more I might though.......well probably not but im sure you'll continue none the less

Carry on troll

I knew you didnt. I knew this conversation would be one you arent willing to have, because, well, you dont care. You've been so brainwashed by the far right, you wont ever care, because you'll never see things like this topic clearly. The fact that local and state politics matter to everyone. I showed just one example why, and you dont care.

And thats why people like you will be left in the dust of the once-great Republican Party. You've become old, obsolete. Irrelevant. Just like the GOP.

Our country will move on, and slowly improve, while trying to just wait out the eventual disappearance of the radical right wing.

So just keep working, keep paying your taxes, and the rest of us will worry about issues that are important- but that you just dont care about.

This conversation is going nowhere because you AS USUAL are talking about everything but what the topic is about. You've been a successful troll today diverting the subject. As such I give you what you deserve....

I did talk about it. Lots of corporations that are losing money still hold conferences. Its where they get together, network, trade ideas, and yes- do some stuff to boost morale so MAYBE they can get the spirits up and turn around the company.

USPS is "running it like a business", right?

I knew you didnt. I knew this conversation would be one you arent willing to have, because, well, you dont care. You've been so brainwashed by the far right, you wont ever care, because you'll never see things like this topic clearly. The fact that local and state politics matter to everyone. I showed just one example why, and you dont care.

And thats why people like you will be left in the dust of the once-great Republican Party. You've become old, obsolete. Irrelevant. Just like the GOP.

Our country will move on, and slowly improve, while trying to just wait out the eventual disappearance of the radical right wing.

So just keep working, keep paying your taxes, and the rest of us will worry about issues that are important- but that you just dont care about.

This conversation is going nowhere because you AS USUAL are talking about everything but what the topic is about. You've been a successful troll today diverting the subject. As such I give you what you deserve....

I did talk about it. Lots of corporations that are losing money still hold conferences. Its where they get together, network, trade ideas, and yes- do some stuff to boost morale so MAYBE they can get the spirits up and turn around the company.

Corporations are free to blow their money anyway they see fit. Drawing thatccomparison is dumb.

As a traditional liberal in the tradition of Jefferson (as opposed to what passes for liberal today) I don't care either. Plus it is my belief that the harm done by EVERY LEVEL OF government itself since Reagan fooled halfwit America into believing he was anything other than a big government NeoCon Scum is far greater than any damage done the US by outside enemies in the last two-hundred-fifty years.

Corporations are free to blow their money anyway they see fit. Drawing thatccomparison is dumb.

If it is dumb to draw that comparison, then why do right wingers preach that the government should be "run like a business". If the two are such worlds apart, then why did the right wing start comparing them?

So, do you believe it would be a good idea for an organization to hold a conference to:

- Share ideas
- Network
- Solidify the mission statement
- Boost morale
- Spread and discuss future plans

Who knows, maybe a conference like this will be where the next ideas that save the USPS are born?

Or should they just say "fuck it", and everyone stay home and keep not giving a fuck?

If it is dumb to draw that comparison, then why do right wingers preach that the government should be "run like a business". If the two are such worlds apart, then why did the right wing start comparing them?

So, do you believe it would be a good idea for an organization to hold a conference to:

- Share ideas
- Network
- Boost morale

Who knows, maybe a conference like this will be where the next ideas that save the USPS are born?

Or should they just say "fuck it", and everyone stay home and keep not giving a fuck?

Skype is the friend of any organization that has budget woes.

Looking at it through a black and white lense is the source of the problems not the solution.

- Share ideas
- Network
- Boost morale

Skype is the friend of any organization that has budget woes.

Looking at it through a black and white lense is the source of the problems not the solution.

Ah. So use Digital Leadership huh? In fact, why even send Generals to war zones. Cant they just Skype their orders from D.C.?

Or better yet, why do NFL football coaches, the head coaches anyway, even go to the game? Cant they sit at home, watch it on Hi Def TV, and Skype the play calls to an assistant on a smart phone?

Leadership is best done in person. Thats why it is good to get all your top people together under one roof, brainstorm, share ideas, lay out visions, and prepare for the coming year of work. And you know what is awesome? Good morale. And sometimes a conference with some fun things scheduled boosts morale. Since people arent robots.

Even better: Why is Obama going to Israel? I know, the right wing has blasted him for not going for almost 5 years now. And they're right. He should've gone long ago, considering how crucial Israel is to ME peace.

But...why go? Couldn't OBama just Skype to them?

Blah blah blah, cry baby cry hahaha!!! Pay your taxes and STFU old man!

barack-obama-making-america-communist11.jpg

Might as well party it up on money that isn't there... the ship is sinking anyway... right?

That's the way our little commie libroid obama ass kissers here think...

usps_zpsaf9fb40f.jpg

Last edited:
Good graph. What did Bush do in 2006 that caused USPS to go from a surplus to deficit in 2007??? USPS obviously never recovered from whatever he did.

This goes to the heart of the issue- Should the Postal Service be a business or a public service.

No one asks the police or the fire department or department of sanitation to turn a profit.

The police dont charge you for their services and as such the postal service should be floating in cash. Ups seems to get by without posting record losses every year.

This goes to the heart of the issue- Should the Postal Service be a business or a public service.

No one asks the police or the fire department or department of sanitation to turn a profit.

The police dont charge you for their services and as such the postal service should be floating in cash. Ups seems to get by without posting record losses every year.

Aren't UPS drivers unionized????? Oh snap.:eek:

I suppose some are. My ex brother in law wasn't. But thats not really the point now is it?

I suppose some are. My ex brother in law wasn't. But thats not really the point now is it?

Im pretty sure most are. In fact, just read the news article about FedEx and UPS fighting over Teamster labor deals.

So, two unionized companies are so wildly successful, that they've basically put one of the nations oldest services, the Post Office, out of business.

And they did it with union labor. Hmmmm. I know that hurts you to read. But, reality is tough some days.

So, obviously, UPS, FedEx, the NFL.......all examples of private business that became wildly successful with union labor.

So, maybe the union isnt the problem. It is leadership and management that is the problem.

Blah blah blah, cry baby cry hahaha!!! Pay your taxes and STFU old man!

Always knew you had no fiscal sense.

You RW'ers always said "run it like a business". Well, pleny of corporations throw fancy conference parties, even if the company is losing money.

Im just gonna have to ask you to get off your ass and get to work Grampa. See...I got bills to pay, and, well, Im gonna need you to go earn some more money. How else am I gonna get my bills paid if you dont make more? The economy is tough man. Beer is more expensive. So are video games. And gas, wow, it costs a lot for me to get to Starbucks at 11am every day to surf the net for a few hours.

So, I know you've worked hard, but, you're gonna have to do a little bit more. Cost of living is going up, and there just isnt enough money coming in to use takers. So, even if it means taking a part-time weekend job, Im gonna need you to stop spending so much time on USMB, and get to work. I got bills, so go earn me some money fool!!!!

Idgit, most private businesses do not throw parties when losing vast SUMS OF MONEY..
And freeloaders , dems, liberals , other assorted fools cheer because they are scum of the earth and rightly need extermination as a viable political force for the betterment of mankind in general IMHO.

Always knew you had no fiscal sense.

You RW'ers always said "run it like a business". Well, pleny of corporations throw fancy conference parties, even if the company is losing money.

Im just gonna have to ask you to get off your ass and get to work Grampa. See...I got bills to pay, and, well, Im gonna need you to go earn some more money. How else am I gonna get my bills paid if you dont make more? The economy is tough man. Beer is more expensive. So are video games. And gas, wow, it costs a lot for me to get to Starbucks at 11am every day to surf the net for a few hours.

So, I know you've worked hard, but, you're gonna have to do a little bit more. Cost of living is going up, and there just isnt enough money coming in to use takers. So, even if it means taking a part-time weekend job, Im gonna need you to stop spending so much time on USMB, and get to work. I got bills, so go earn me some money fool!!!!

Idgit, most private businesses do not throw parties when losing vast SUMS OF MONEY..
And freeloaders , dems, liberals , other assorted fools cheer because they are scum of the earth and rightly need extermination as a viable political force for the betterment of mankind in general IMHO.

Fair enough. And the top 5-10 employees of any govt agency dont make multi-million dollar salaries with multi-million dollar bonuses while the company is going bankrupt or having to be bailed out.

So yeah, you're right. Business and govt is very different.

Forum List

Back